SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4514671 04/04/20 08:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960

Sokol1 #4514755 04/05/20 02:24 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
Great fun, especially in VR. Air to air combat up close and personal.

There are however some issues. Wingman are much poorer formation keepers in FC than in Great Battles. I can create 2 flights of 10 each in Kuban and all will stay with me pretty well, I created 4 flights of 4 each (8 British, 8 German) last night and 2 from each side crashed before leaving line of sight to their airfields. A buddy and I were trying a fight with 20 on each side (for a huge furball!) and less than 10 each made it to the merge.

Also no stock campaign as of yet.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Sokol1 #4514772 04/05/20 03:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
There is Pat Wilson's campaign generator, it does a good job... there is also SYN Vanders mission generator which is really excellent.
Plenty of stuff to do really.
There is unlikely to be a stock campaign, or any follow on to the series unless FC has sold well enough to make it worthwhile... Up to this point, we have no idea if it has or hasn't as there is no information available.

Sokol1 #4514839 04/05/20 07:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 251
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 251
...and reading between the lines regarding developmental diaries and things Jason has said (alluded to), it appears that it is going to be 1C's call as to whether a Vol 2 gets put on the drawing board or not, and not specifically Jason's. I would be betting that there is a set target sales number/time frame Vol 1 has to meet to get the go ahead (and I don't think it is doing that great)...but who's to say? Time will tell...

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Trooper117
there is also SYN Vanders mission generator which is really excellent.


Yep, that's what we're using to generate missions. Works great in IL2-GB, but the AI in FC is screwed up in some way.

We just spent about 4 hours flying missions, one after another. On every single mission of the ten aircraft we launched at least 3 and as many as 6 crashed within a mile of the airfield. Sometimes a couple collided on the ground and never took off. On each mission 2-4 would take off and then just startchasing one another in a very tight Lufbery circle at about 500 ft AGL and slowly get closer to the ground until they hit a tree or something. Several times I saw friendly AI flying in a straight line, not following any waypoint, and just fly right into the ground in a gentle but fast decent. The enemy side would take off and climb in the vicinity of their own field and then start toward our field late, we always had to fly 75% or more of the distance from our field to theirs. They often turned back toward their field as we came into sight of one another and run from us, even if we heavily outnumbered them. The enemy AI too always had 2-4 aircraft that stayed over their field circling instead of following waypoints, but for some reason they managed to gain altitude instead of gradually getting lower and crashing like our friendly's did. But once engaged the enemy AI did as well in combat maneuvers as they do in IL2 (not great but not stupid, some pretty good in fact)


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Sokol1 #4514924 04/06/20 09:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I would own this but £64.99?

Has there ever been an explanation as to why this is so expensive?

I have BoS,Kuban, Bodenplatte and around 8 collector aircraft with the base games being £39.99 so to me £64.99 seems a little high.

If any owners can tell me it's worth it I'll put it on my 'watch' list and keep an eye out for a sale.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Chucky #4514935 04/06/20 11:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Chucky

If any owners can tell me it's worth it I'll put it on my 'watch' list and keep an eye out for a sale.


I can't say it would be worth it to you, but it is extremely enjoyable in spite of the issues I detailed above. Definitely wait for a sale though.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Chucky #4515151 04/07/20 04:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Originally Posted by Chucky
I would own this but £64.99?

Has there ever been an explanation as to why this is so expensive?

I have BoS,Kuban, Bodenplatte and around 8 collector aircraft with the base games being £39.99 so to me £64.99 seems a little high.

If any owners can tell me it's worth it I'll put it on my 'watch' list and keep an eye out for a sale.

Did you not get the personal 50 & 75% discount vouchers.

Sokol1 #4515158 04/07/20 05:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I'm going to say no,I don't know what they are even.

*edit* Ok,I found them smile Thanks for the heads-up.

I assume they are not for Steam? In which case I don't think they will be of any use. All my IL-2 games are there.

Last edited by Chucky; 04/07/20 07:26 PM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Sokol1 #4515184 04/07/20 07:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 733
Likes: 2
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 733
Likes: 2
Was definitely thinking about getting this with the cabin fever discount as I enjoy Great Battles so much in VR, even with my low resolution Oculus CV1.
I think the open cockpits, nearby wing structures, and close up combat would make this enjoyable even if only used for small scale dogfights without a campaign.

I believe only the 50% discount applies, which would make it $40 for me.


"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" -- Mark 8:36
Chucky #4515232 04/07/20 10:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,153
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Chucky
I'm going to say no,I don't know what they are even.

*edit* Ok,I found them smile Thanks for the heads-up.

I assume they are not for Steam? In which case I don't think they will be of any use. All my IL-2 games are there.



You can buy on IL2 store and activate in Steam, if you own BOS on Steam.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,623 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1