SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4495795 11/03/19 12:10 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
i am using QuickBooks desktop pro 2016 and have recently gotten an error message when I exit. support is useless, insisting there is no other solution but get the latest version for $299.95. BestBuy has it for $199.95. Any ideas?

Last edited by coasty; 11/04/19 12:35 AM.

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
I have no idea if I can help, but to have any chance at all we'd need to know more info, starting with what version of Windows you're using, and what the error message says. It would also help to know if something changed right before you started getting the error message.


Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Might have expired requiring an updated license. Been through this with video editing software. Lock you in to upgrade.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,866
Likes: 1
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,866
Likes: 1
QB 2016 OFFICIAL SUPPORT expired May 2019
But you can continue to use it as long as you want. They just won't help you if you have a problem


~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
that seems to be the problem, I was hoping to use it longer, but am headed to BestBuy since they are charging $199 . I did find some fixes, but they are too complicated for me and I have no way of checking their credentials

Last edited by coasty; 11/03/19 06:50 PM. Reason: too - to

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,509
Every Human is Unique
Member
Every Human is Unique
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,509
My elderly mother, who is/was professional an accountant. Still uses here 2004 quick books on her old XP computer to do her personal finances. That computer is not on the net. She uses Win10 and ATAX for her clients.

If you do not want to play the update game, you do not need too. You simply have to find a pre IP RENTAL timeline that you are happy with.

biggrin I did not lie.


TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
I went online to BestBuy this morning and ordered desktop pro 2020. Waiting now for it to be ready for pickup, about a mile from my house. Customers have posted that their updates went well, hoping I can say the same. Disappointed they did not ever answer my error question, buy hey, I'm expired...


Have you seen the Arrow? WWW

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,101 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1