SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 100 of 112 1 2 … 98 99 100 101 102 … 111 112
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
.
Yes the IDE is the same thing, but you can use the Drivers in the MMJoy Folder if you don't need or want the whole IDE.

I am not sure why the Windows Controller App isn't seeing it , hopefully Sokol1 will have some insight for you....

KB.


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Alright, tested on my laptop, they are properly detected there too, can view the axis and the react correctly in the windows game controllers.

Ive tried switching the driver from HID game controller to HID device and that does nothing.

EDIT: Tried removing ALL things under USB controllers from my device manager and then rebooted so that should all have been reinstalled, no change.

Last edited by Ziddan; 04/10/19 06:48 PM.
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by Ziddan
Alright, tested on my laptop, they are properly detected there too, can view the axis and the react correctly in the windows game controllers.

Ive tried switching the driver from HID game controller to HID device and that does nothing.

EDIT: Tried removing ALL things under USB controllers from my device manager and then rebooted so that should all have been reinstalled, no change.


You need to find the problematic device Registry entry. (inside Windows Registy) and delete it.

Or/and you can try setting Poll at "-" when you configure the mmjoy2

Last edited by Forsaken_joystick; 04/10/19 11:09 PM.
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Ziddan
Alright, tested on my laptop, they are properly detected there too, can view the axis and the react correctly in the windows game controllers.

Ive tried switching the driver from HID game controller to HID device and that does nothing.

EDIT: Tried removing ALL things under USB controllers from my device manager and then rebooted so that should all have been reinstalled, no change.



Had a thought......any chance you have duplicated the USB VID and PID numbers in MMjoy by accident and this is causing the Conflict seen in the Windows Controller Panel?

Your joystick and Pedals don't have the same PID for example do they? same VID is ok as that is the Manufacturer's (You) number but the PIDs need to be Unique.

KB


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Arduino drivers is only necessary for bootloader process.

This error in game controller is related with VID/PID and/or controller name.

You have formatted your C: or re-install windows over a previous install?

In this case, try clear you MMJoy2 controller name from register.

And test controller axes buttons with VKB Joytester and Button Tester before look in Games Controllers.

Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 27
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by mega_mozg_13
analog stick in sony PS3 controler
now I understand, "2SA-10" like "KMZ60/KMZ41/TLE5010", so it must be usable with "mcp3202" ("KMZ60+MCP3202" at configurator sensor type).

Hey, sup Meg, So is it usable? should I set it as MCP3202 on the MMjoy?

Last edited by JJCTHMFS; 04/11/19 01:06 AM.
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
I had done a full reformat of my system partition.

Going through my windows registry and deleting all references the specific vid/pid fixed it, Thanks guys!

Last edited by Ziddan; 04/11/19 12:40 AM.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Hello,

What is the best firmware for ProMicro? I'm just going to need 7 axes.

The last available is [v20161101] but in previous pages the [v20160818] was recommended (I suppose [v20160818upd1]).

Thanks and best regards


[Linked Image]
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Necro
Hello,

What is the best firmware for ProMicro? I'm just going to need 7 axes.

The last available is [v20161101] but in previous pages the [v20160818] was recommended (I suppose [v20160818upd1]).

Thanks and best regards


That was probably me, as 20161101 didn't work properly for me displaying button numbers etc so I went back to 20160818 and have no problems since (1yr?)

KB.


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Is there any guide to install the firmware? I have the PDF "Pro-micro-instructions" but I do not know if there is something simpler.

Could it be installed only with a micro-USB cable?

Thanks again


[Linked Image]
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by Necro
Is there any guide to install the firmware? I have the PDF "Pro-micro-instructions" but I do not know if there is something simpler.

Could it be installed only with a micro-USB cable?

Thanks again


What device do you want to use?.... I use Arduino Micro Pro (clone) and you only need that usb cable. What part do you find difficult in the instructions? It's super simplified and clear in that pdf.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Originally Posted by Necro
Is there any guide to install the firmware? I have the PDF "Pro-micro-instructions" but I do not know if there is something simpler.

Could it be installed only with a micro-USB cable?



Yes, USB cabble with micro connector is required, is the only that fit in Arduinos.
Anyway this cable is need to connect the Arduino in computer after flash and he became a "joystick controller", no way to skip their use.

How flash is well explained in this video

https://youtu.be/OYdsyEEi4kM

And in this topic:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58176.msg644743.html#msg644743

More simple than this only if buy a read to use board, like available in Taobao China.

Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 27
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Sokol1
Originally Posted by zeg33
Hi mega_mozg

is there any way to use the magnetic analog stick in sony PS3 controler

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


Mega-Mozg,

On Arduino forum the guys say that this PS3 stick use HALL sensor "dual output" (think that X, Y axis), SENTRON 2SA-10, datasheet:

http://www.gmw.com/magnetic_sensors/sentron/2sa/documents/2SA10.pdf

If are suitable for use with MMJoy is good because these PS3 stick (with 2 sensor) is cheap on eBay, and ready to use including magnets.




hello Sokol, any ideas??? i got 2 ps3 4pin thumbstick that i can use

check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEgPfLNs0w

Last edited by JJCTHMFS; 04/12/19 07:46 PM.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Hi again,

I´d tried tutorial but it doesn´t works for me. I'm probably doing something wrong or the pro micro does not work well. Next a video:

https://youtu.be/BghCvC3X1rg

What is wrong?


[Linked Image]
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 55
You need to press reset twice.. and the press isn't too long. Like a regular double click in your mouse.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Well, I done smile.

Thanks very much

Last edited by Necro; 04/13/19 06:16 AM.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Quote
Necro: Re: MMJoy - Build your own USB controller
Well, when I reset twice, "USB Serial Device" changes from COM5 to COM6 and stays that way for a few seconds. Then it returns to COM5 but nothing else happens.


It is this exact moment, while on Com6 in your case, ( usually you have 8 seconds) , in MMjoy2 on the Firmware Tab to hit Upload Firmware.

With Device Manager Open it is easy to see when the Port No# changes after the Double Tap on the Reset button .....


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Yes, I did. I read the pdf better smile

Anyway, the 20160818 firmware gives some kind of error. The firmware 20151118 and 20161101 are loaded without problem.
Attachments
uploading firmware 20160818 error.png


[Linked Image]
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by Necro
Yes, I did. I read the pdf better smile

Anyway, the 20160818 firmware gives some kind of error. The firmware 20151118 and 20161101 are loaded without problem.



Sorry I don't read Spanish but from the Picture it looks like the Joystick is not selected when you tried to flash the Firmware, the Icon is still red.....it will go blue when selected
Attachments
Capture99.JPG


My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
The translation would be something like (in red):

"avrdude.exe: ser_drain(): read error: The I / O operation has been aborted due to a thread exit or an application request"

If I change only the location of the firmware, its upload works perfectly.
Attachments
Inkeduploading firmware 20160818 error_LI.jpg


[Linked Image]
Page 100 of 112 1 2 … 98 99 100 101 102 … 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,508 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1