SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,921
V
Senior Member
Senior Member
V Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,921
She wanted to get a selfie with the cat and just wasn't close enough for a good shot if she stayed behind the CONCRETE SAFETY BARRIER!!! Simple solution, jump the barrier and walk the four or five feet to the fence...that the cat can reach its paw full of razor sharp claws through...and get a really good picture. Unfortunately for her, the only picture that made it to the news was of her lying on the ground saying, "It hurts. It hurts."

The good news is that the zoo is (so far, at least) standing by the cat in this.

They say that man has no natural enemies. I disagree. Man's most dangerous natural enemy is himself. His second most dangerous natural enemy is his selfies.


SALUTE TO ALL!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
We are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to us. At least it was a life lesson from which she will recover.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
"Stupid" doesn't even begin to describe this girl.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
In Austria, the German word for Suicide is "Selbstmord" (Selbst = "Self", Mord = "To kill")

With all those selfies, there's a new term now: Selfmord. You can guess the meaning.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,271
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,271
I may sound a tad heartless but never mind...
Any chance to have a look at the selfie? exitstageleft

Cheers,
Slug


"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,921
V
Senior Member
Senior Member
V Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,921
Update:
The victim has apologized, according to this morning's news. Two thoughts:

1.) The jaguar apologized? After all, it was the victim here. It was minding its own business when the girl intruded on its space. At best, it was defending itself from a perceived attack.

2.) I can see the conversation between the girl and the zoo official, "Miss, if you issue an immediate and unqualified apology we promise that we will not file criminal charges against you." At least that's what I would have said.


SALUTE TO ALL!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 115
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 115
They should put her down!
The idiot, not the cat. Good kitty. smile


^-----JOKE----^

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
4
Senior Member
Senior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
A lesson was learned for sure. No need to wish harm upon the injured party and no amount of words on the internet could have taught a more effective lesson.


What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,921
V
Senior Member
Senior Member
V Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,921
Update:
The jaguar has been removed from public view temporarily, but the zoo is still saying that it wasn't the cat's fault. The woman hasn't withdrawn her apology or decided to sue...yet. But tonight they showed an interview with an unidentified 'witness' who said that the barrier wasn't exactly foolproof. "Like, you can get over it pretty easily" or something like that.

WWWHHAT??? You can get over it??? Why would you WANT to? It's a concrete wall about three feet high and six to eight inches thick. And it's about four feet or so from jaguars. There's a reason they put it there. And if you're too stupid to realize it's to keep you from getting close enough to...I don't know...get EATEN ALIVE then you need to be locked in a closet and only allowed out after all other life on the planet has expired. And, yes, I realize there won't be anyone around to unlock the closet. I suppose his idea of a proper barrier would be a 20 foot high steel wall with no windows that might break. "Hey, kids. There's a bunch of jaguars behind that wall. isn't that cool?"

They didn't identify the guy, but I'm betting he's related to the perpetrator and hoping to create grounds for a lawsuit. Someone, find me a closet!!!


SALUTE TO ALL!
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
We are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to us. At least it was a life lesson from which she will recover.


Wheels


Speak for yourself Wheels. I know better than to put myself in a situation where something can and or will kill me, for whatever reason. If one is not smart enough to say hey they put a barrier here for a reason, or even look at the BIG CAT cat with BIG CLAWS cat and BIG TEETH cat , I am not going near that, then they fall into that category with you. It is called stupidity and I don't want to be included in that group. WHEELS, I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE STUPID. <-- please reread at least twice. winkngrin If you do want to be included in that group then I respect that and I wish you well. Then I would have to call you stupid Wheels, but WHEELS, I AM NOT CALLING YOU STUPID <-- please reread at least twice. winkngrin Maybe this works better?

Some people are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to them, that they do absolutely unequivocally STUPID things that result in their humiliation, bodily harm or even death. It is hard for me to have sympathy for these people, but I try, because I am supposed to.

What really makes me mad though is when the animal is killed for being a wild animal, inspite of the STUPIDITY of the person that instigated the incident through there IGNORANCE! That really upsets me.

S!Blade<>< Again, WHEELS, I AM NOT CALLING YOU STUPID. Unless you force me to. <-- Please reread at least twice. winkngrin

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
H
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
H Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
The jaguar is the guilty party here as it looked so cool that this poor woman felt compelled to climb over and get that selfie ! biggrin


"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
We are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to us. At least it was a life lesson from which she will recover.


Wheels


Speak for yourself Wheels. I know better than to put myself in a situation where something can and or will kill me, for whatever reason. If one is not smart enough to say hey they put a barrier here for a reason, or even look at the BIG CAT cat with BIG CLAWS cat and BIG TEETH cat , I am not going near that, then they fall into that category with you. It is called stupidity and I don't want to be included in that group. WHEELS, I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE STUPID. <-- please reread at least twice. winkngrin If you do want to be included in that group then I respect that and I wish you well. Then I would have to call you stupid Wheels, but WHEELS, I AM NOT CALLING YOU STUPID <-- please reread at least twice. winkngrin Maybe this works better?

Some people are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to them, that they do absolutely unequivocally STUPID things that result in their humiliation, bodily harm or even death. It is hard for me to have sympathy for these people, but I try, because I am supposed to.

What really makes me mad though is when the animal is killed for being a wild animal, inspite of the STUPIDITY of the person that instigated the incident through there IGNORANCE! That really upsets me.

S!Blade<>< Again, WHEELS, I AM NOT CALLING YOU STUPID. Unless you force me to. <-- Please reread at least twice. winkngrin

Lol, next time make sure to point out any splelnig errors too. biggrin


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
We are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to us. At least it was a life lesson from which she will recover.


Wheels


Speak for yourself Wheels. I know better than to put myself in a situation where something can and or will kill me, for whatever reason. If one is not smart enough to say hey they put a barrier here for a reason, or even look at the BIG CAT cat with BIG CLAWS cat and BIG TEETH cat , I am not going near that, then they fall into that category with you. It is called stupidity and I don't want to be included in that group. WHEELS, I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE STUPID. <-- please reread at least twice. winkngrin If you do want to be included in that group then I respect that and I wish you well. Then I would have to call you stupid Wheels, but WHEELS, I AM NOT CALLING YOU STUPID <-- please reread at least twice. winkngrin Maybe this works better?

Some people are just so far removed from the reality that something can be dangerous to them, that they do absolutely unequivocally STUPID things that result in their humiliation, bodily harm or even death. It is hard for me to have sympathy for these people, but I try, because I am supposed to.

What really makes me mad though is when the animal is killed for being a wild animal, inspite of the STUPIDITY of the person that instigated the incident through there IGNORANCE! That really upsets me.

S!Blade<>< Again, WHEELS, I AM NOT CALLING YOU STUPID. Unless you force me to. <-- Please reread at least twice. winkngrin

Lol, next time make sure to point out any splelnig errors too. biggrin
----------------------------------------------------------------^
------------------------------------------------------------ rolleyes

Wheels


Your request is my command Sir. I will do it in a nonchalant way so as not to cause any embrarassment.
Pssst! See above for an example. winkngrin
S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 03/12/19 05:33 AM.
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,555
V
Hotshot
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,555
idiot gets eaten by wild animal after doing stupid stuff
who cares

let stupid people die, dna pollution is a thing

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by 462cid
A lesson was learned for sure. No need to wish harm upon the injured party and no amount of words on the internet could have taught a more effective lesson.


These days you can't be so sure...


Perhaps she identifies as a field mouse and the jaguar assault is symbolic of house cat oppression and systemic mousicide disrepresentation of their short-whisker genus orientation.


(sorry, couldn't resist. I'll behave.)

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 03/12/19 03:19 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,490
Likes: 1
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,490
Likes: 1
The lady came back and apologized to the zoo. However, during a news interview, she had to throw some shade at the zoo. In one sentence she acknowledge stupid act on her part but said that the zoo needed to fix the enclosure because the barrier was too close.


Intel i7-13700K
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Ultra
Radeo RX 570 (8GB)

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,745
Likes: 8
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,745
Likes: 8
Sounds like a Darwin Award runner-up.
Maybe she'll have better luck next time!


Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Jaguar Land Rover PLC is still checking their stock value to make sure that there is no spill-over from this Public Relations nightmare.


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Yeah, and San Francisco, Cambridge, and most of southern CA are demanding safety barriers be erected around all parked Jaguars. yep

stirthepot


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,160
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,160
Likes: 190
Safety barriers shouldn't be easily bypassed, next time it could be a child.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,080,879 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1