SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 22 23
malibu43 #4424110 06/02/18 04:03 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,503
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,503
I would like to have a system that could run DCS as pretty as that....smoothly.


"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Pooch #4424113 06/02/18 04:48 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Pooch
I would like to have a system that could run DCS as pretty as that....smoothly.


Ya Pooch same for me. This is a pretty sterile environment , me and four bandits. I have only 8 Gbs of ram and need to upgrade as I experience pauses during explosions and such

This aircraft is a real joy to drive

[Linked Image]
Attachments
bug3.jpg

malibu43 #4424149 06/02/18 01:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
You got a great eye for cool shots, bisher!

malibu43 #4424212 06/02/18 06:57 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Thanks Ice smile


[Linked Image]
Attachments
bug4.jpg

malibu43 #4424249 06/02/18 10:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Now THAT has to be photoshopped? Edited in some way? SweetFX?

All these cool shots of the Hornet but the plain skin just feels lacking to me. Like a sweet muscle car but in old-computer-beige color frown Where are the cool, cool skins ED was bragging about?

malibu43 #4424268 06/03/18 12:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
That's a great screenshot bish!!!

malibu43 #4424280 06/03/18 04:51 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
More skins would be nice Ice smile

I've cropped out the info bar on the bottom of the screen, but otherwise it's unedited. It's just a matter of catching the lighting just right

Thanks piper

bisher #4424384 06/03/18 08:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Originally Posted by bisher
More skins would be nice Ice

Oh? I thought they shipped with more skins? I remember reading about this on a newsletter:

Quote
Hornet Skins
For the Early Access release of the Hornet, we plan to have more skins available than any previous module at the time of initial release. Our first priority is on actual operators of the F/A-18C, and then we will focus on operators of F/A-18A operators and those that were updated.

Source

Are these not available?

malibu43 #4424417 06/03/18 11:24 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
There's quite a few skins. I'll count them later...

edit - it come with 19 skins. 4 are high-vis, plus the Blue Angles skin.

Last edited by malibu43; 06/04/18 02:10 AM.

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
malibu43 #4424507 06/04/18 02:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Originally Posted by malibu43
There's quite a few skins. I'll count them later...

edit - it come with 19 skins. 4 are high-vis, plus the Blue Angles skin.


Yup, keep in might they included other nations too.

SkateZilla also uploaded several pro-quality "fictional" skins based on Tomcat squadrons to the ED File share site.


My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


AggressorBLUE #4424559 06/04/18 05:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Thanks for confirming, malibu!


Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
SkateZilla also uploaded several pro-quality "fictional" skins based on Tomcat squadrons to the ED File share site.

Okay, somebody needs to get on this ASAP!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

malibu43 #4424594 06/04/18 10:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Ask and yee shall receive

Edit, linked images aren't working for this many files I guess.



[Linked Image]

Attachments
Screen_180603_190526.jpg Screen_180603_115436.jpg Screen_180603_173354.jpg Screen_180603_182620.jpg Screen_180603_191149.jpg Screen_180603_192315.jpg Screen_180603_192538.jpg Screen_180603_193105.jpg Screen_180603_193724.jpg Screen_180603_192858.jpg

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 06/04/18 10:04 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


malibu43 #4424626 06/05/18 02:28 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
[Linked Image]
Attachments
bug7.jpg

malibu43 #4424628 06/05/18 02:57 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Ah, I see that the Rusky cloning project is coming along quite nicely. yep

S!Blade<><
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
Ask and yee shall receive.


[Linked Image]

malibu43 #4424653 06/05/18 10:15 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Thanks AggressorBLUE! Amazing how a couple of black stripes can make stuff look cool! smile

WTH is happening in that shot with a pilot ejecting beside your Hornet?

- Ice #4424677 06/05/18 01:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Originally Posted by - Ice
Thanks AggressorBLUE! Amazing how a couple of black stripes can make stuff look cool! smile

WTH is happening in that shot with a pilot ejecting beside your Hornet?


No problem. And that's me flying over another unwitting russkie bomber at just the right time wink

AWACS calls that a "Pop Up Group"

duck

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 06/05/18 09:00 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


malibu43 #4424761 06/05/18 09:56 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
I'm trying to get some formation flying shots. It's difficult, I had to chase this ai around

[Linked Image]

malibu43 #4424764 06/05/18 10:01 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Wow these are some beautiful shots fellas. I've been a long time away from DCS stuff. Do the hornets come with any campaign and are carriers in the future? Sorry if its a silly question but I've not played DCS in a long time and on top of that ED's way of doing things I find confusing.


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

malibu43 #4424767 06/05/18 10:15 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Hey Coot

There are no silly questions, however I do give silly answers wink

No campaign yet, there are carriers though smile

malibu43 #4424773 06/05/18 10:47 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
how much are these in dollars, cos they are ridiculously expensive here, like 4 full price AAA games

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,904 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1