SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4416203 04/13/18 11:15 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
Anyone else get into the Alpha? Servers should be going live this weekend and would like to team-up with fellow SimHQers


Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
It went live yesterday, no I don´t have it yet smash



Red


Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
Played about three hours lastnight. Pretty good IMO, very much reminds me of the early days of Squad when it was in "Alpha" Still some work to be done but the foundation is there for something great!


Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
I didnt back it but im eager to see if it works out. Im also waiting on Post Scriptum. Both are doing the map capture differently so it'll be nice to see which one works better before buying into them.

Think thing I hate about squad and what stopped me from playing is that every map and every variation of every map has one specific play style that you have to use if you want to win. If people dont play exactly the same they get yelled at and kicked from servers. I hope that with this large open style map with lots of objectives it wont be such a pita to play how you want to play.

Last edited by Master; 04/15/18 02:04 AM.
Master #4416339 04/15/18 02:02 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by Master
I didnt back it but im eager to see if it works out. Im also waiting on Post Scriptum. Both are doing the map capture differently so it'll be nice to see which one works better before buying into them.

I've played HLL now for about 5 hours and I can honestly say that I like it and I have no reservations or regrets backing it. However as it is still an "Alpha" there are obvious things that need fixing (GFX, Animations, UI, etc). The gameplay is pretty solid and if you are familiar with Squad then you will have no trouble adjusting to HLL. Also keep in mind that if you backed Squad then you get a PS key for free!

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
Originally Posted by xIGuNDoCIx
Originally Posted by Master
I didnt back it but im eager to see if it works out. Im also waiting on Post Scriptum. Both are doing the map capture differently so it'll be nice to see which one works better before buying into them.

I've played HLL now for about 5 hours and I can honestly say that I like it and I have no reservations or regrets backing it. However as it is still an "Alpha" there are obvious things that need fixing (GFX, Animations, UI, etc). The gameplay is pretty solid and if you are familiar with Squad then you will have no trouble adjusting to HLL. Also keep in mind that if you backed Squad then you get a PS key for free!

Interesting. I didnt know that.

https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=275

I wonder who they consider. Everyone who bought it before it went live to buy on steam? It looks like i'll get a free key then.

If so maybe I'll also buy HLL lol.

Master #4416422 04/15/18 10:15 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by Master
Originally Posted by xIGuNDoCIx
Originally Posted by Master
I didnt back it but im eager to see if it works out. Im also waiting on Post Scriptum. Both are doing the map capture differently so it'll be nice to see which one works better before buying into them.

I've played HLL now for about 5 hours and I can honestly say that I like it and I have no reservations or regrets backing it. However as it is still an "Alpha" there are obvious things that need fixing (GFX, Animations, UI, etc). The gameplay is pretty solid and if you are familiar with Squad then you will have no trouble adjusting to HLL. Also keep in mind that if you backed Squad then you get a PS key for free!

Interesting. I didnt know that.

https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=275

I wonder who they consider. Everyone who bought it before it went live to buy on steam? It looks like i'll get a free key then.

If so maybe I'll also buy HLL lol.



Yes everyone who backed (the Kickstarters) Squad before it went live on Steam gets a PS key.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
I didnt kickstart it but I did use their paypal form right after their KS ended but this was still a month or two before it went live for sale on steam. So I hope that includes me.

Master #4416429 04/15/18 11:27 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by Master
I didnt kickstart it but I did use their paypal form right after their KS ended but this was still a month or two before it went live for sale on steam. So I hope that includes me.

I believe that still counts. If you had "Pre-Alpha" access where you downloaded the files directly from the Squad developer before it was available on Steam you should be good to go.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
Quote

TheSCRUB-Today at 5:23 PM
@everyone Follow this link to grab your free key for Post Scriptum if you backed Squad during their initial Kickstarter! Note: This does not grant access to the game or current internal testing. http://postscriptumkeys.joinsquad.com/


Got my key. The form is case sensative so make sure you use the same upper/lower case format that they initially emailed you your key with.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 957
C
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Member
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 957
Hell Let Loose - Announcement Trailer (PC)

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/686810/


Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 957
C
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Member
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 957


Pre-order NOW for closed beta access and the Soldier/Unit Pack: http://bit.ly/HLLPreorder

Launches for PC on STEAM EARLY ACCESS - June 6th 2019

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Any comments from people who have played the early versions? There are lot of comments stating that it's been massively watered down into a bit of a run and gun rather than remaining a tactical shooter as it initially started out.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960

Paradaz #4478163 06/14/19 09:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,000
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,000
Originally Posted by Paradaz
Any comments from people who have played the early versions? There are lot of comments stating that it's been massively watered down into a bit of a run and gun rather than remaining a tactical shooter as it initially started out.


It's definitely not run and gun.

If you don't use cover and make your moves with some logic behind it, you die quickly in this game (and some people do die quickly by not being tactical and it becomes a meat grinder for them). But, quality of life in this game is raised by being on a good team that's working together, much like Squad.

The "watered down" complaints come from a simplification of the resource system (for now at least) and skrinking the maps (they are still large). For now, it plays a lot like Post Scriptum but it's easier to get into because the maps are designed with fewer long range sight lines. I.E. you don't get sniped as much.

Last edited by bonchie; 06/14/19 09:31 PM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Finally bought this last night.....initial impressions are good. Need to put some time into it and squad up with people who know what they're doing!


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
I bought it over the weekend and played about 2 hours then refunded it. It's ok but I dont think it does anything better than PS does and PS seems more polished. I do like how the map front works but from what I have seen it still comes down to taking key locations and the moving front is just a visual display with no real gameplay implications. To be fair though I think you need more than 2 hours to fully understand how it works and plays but I didnt want to waste a refund on the off chance that it gets better after x hours of experience. Also squad size is 6 vs 8 in PS and my group already has issues with finding games we can all squad together in.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
Enjoying this. Can't wait for East Front as finally get a new Red Orchestra game..

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Just bought this today. If anyone in EU is playing and wants to meet up, just say so and will plan...

Red

PS.: I say EU beacuse of the ping.


Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Might as well post some tutorials...





Red


Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,508 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1