SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
4
Senior Member
Senior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
I'm familiar with several specialized collecting forums. But for this one I'm seeing (oddly) few options and I need some community help to narrow this down efficiently.

About ten years ago, I bought my Father a nice little Case knife. A 'bengal' canoe knife. Very handy little blade, slim, quality. Handles are distinctive, much like a Bengal tiger's stripes. It also made the knife very visible and hard to mis-place. I always knew Dad liked it a lot. But not just how much.

Yesterday I found out that he lost it, about 75 miles away, probably in a store parking lot. He pulled out his handkerchief- he only keeps the knife and the 'kerchief in that pocket- in that lot and when he got home, the knife was gone. Dad's 80 now. He went back and looked, went into the store asked at lost&found, no dice. Yes, I just about pulled the car apart looking for it yesterday.

A replacement knife was ordered by him. The 'bengal' handles are out of production. The replacement is a nice Case knife. But losing the one I gave him bothers him so much, he asked me to hand him the new knife so he could say I gave it to him. To say I was taken aback would be understatement. I had no idea what that meant to him.

If it had just happened, I'd post a reward for the damned thing, but after two weeks, it's long since been in somebody else's pocket or else it's at the bottom of a snow bank. So I'm hunting. E-bay, no luck Amazon the same. Again, strange, I got myself a leather jacket that was out of production in the '90s for less money than new, in as-new condition from e-bay recently; I *always* find what I'm looking for on e-bay!

I want to post a 'Want to buy' ad in some knife collecting sites. Can you please recommend to me some ones where I may get the most response? Thanks.


What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343
www.bladeforums.com

If you're interested in custom services, you'll find them here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/wanted-knifemaker-craftsman-related-services.871/

The sellers are pretty-well vetted. I've done a few transactions for some pricey items (more than $1K) without any trouble. Good luck. Heck, you may even find something your father likes more. It's worth taking a peek at the knifemakers' for sale area:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/wanted-knifemaker-craftsman-related-services.871/

Look under the folders category.


You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,555
V
Hotshot
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,555
bladeforums is probably your best bet.

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,735
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,735
If that store has a bulletin board I would still put up a reward poster, you never know . . .


"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Good luck finding a replacement!

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
4
Senior Member
Senior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,588
Thanks guys


What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,858 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1