SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
So Ive had this Win 10 HP laptop for over a year and had given up on running JFC on it after numerous attempts when I first got it.

After a year of updates, and searching off and on for over a year, I found this:

http://www.old-games.com/download/6405/jane-s-fleet-command

I installed (and patched) the game from my CD-ROM, and then installed the patch from this link.

And Last night I took the Tico against a Iranian small fleet.

And it was awesome.

Only hitch is I can't Alt+Tab and come back. Only the 3D render screen works after that, none of the data or map screens work after that.

So don't Alt+Tab out if youre playing.

Hope it works for you too!


Fritz Gunter
[email protected]
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
My HP/s native screenshot app didn't work in game. So I'll try the Ctrl+D andFraps to show more


Fritz Gunter
[email protected]
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 106
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 106
Congrats! And thanks for sharing.

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
You can buy the game at Steam and Naval Warfare Simulations if you want.

My Steam version worked great on W10 for awhile, then all of a sudden the audio dropped out and never got it to come back. I´ll have to try to reinstall it again some day to see what happens. Plenty of info over at the Steam group...

Steam Fleet Command Discusion Group

Naval Warfare Simulations Store:
NWS Store PC

Ahoy!

Red


Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
So Win 10s screenshot and Fraps in Win 10 dont see it. But the game's ctrl-d does... some are great and wonderful others scream 1990s gpu
Attachments
dump01825700.jpg dump00610000.jpg dump00926773.jpg dump00853577.jpg dump00654771.jpg dump00636156.jpg


Fritz Gunter
[email protected]
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1