|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Removed.
Last edited by Flogger23m; 06/20/18 12:32 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Added better pictures for the A330.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bumping as I am now in the market to purchase something myself. I am interested in a lightly used Crucial MX300 525GB in traditional SATA III form factor. Will also consider a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,084 Likes: 9
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,084 Likes: 9 |
Hi, posting here, in the event others have same questions (about the laptop); thanks in advance for answering:
1. Can you provide the exact model number? I was looking around online for specs, but it seems there are different models of the 14" Sleekbook, perhaps.
2. Is the battery removable on this unit, without having to disassemble or remove the top/bottom covers and/or keyboard? Can you provide the exact part number for the battery?
3. Is there an optical disk drive(DVD) or even just a bay for one? Can't tell from pics.
4. Does it have a backlit keyboard?
5. What is the screen native resolution? Is it near 1080 (or even 720)?
6. Is the screen finish satin/matte? The screen looks glossy, but not sure from looking at pics. Often HP laptops seem to have very glossy screens, my son had one like that. It seems HP feels it makes the screen appear 'sharper' but the reflections were pretty terrible, I recall.
7. Is there an SSD? You only mention a hard disk.
8. Actual standard/speed and manufacturer of wireless adapter? (i.e., N300, AC1700, etc; Intel, Realtek..)
9. Did this machine come new with the Win10 license key in the BIOS? Does it include factory 'recovery' media for the OS that will be installed? If not, can you describe how the OS will be re-loaded? (I am aware of the mechanics of reloading an OS - what I'm asking is how will the OS be loaded/activated on this machine, whether the license came new on this machine, and whether it has been used on any other computer)
10. Point of clarification: It may be a typo, but the AMD A8-5545M is actually a 1.7Ghz CPU (second slowest CPU of the A8 mobile series, after the 1.6 GHz 4555M - the 'turbo' speed is listed as 2.7, but I believe that's not on all 4 cores, nor the default speed). Can you confirm this please?
11. Finally, as regards payment: You will accept PayPal, and you cover the PayPal seller's cost?
Last edited by kksnowbear; 12/24/17 04:45 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Hi, posting here, in the event others have same questions (about the laptop); thanks in advance for answering:
1. Can you provide the exact model number? I was looking around online for specs, but it seems there are different models of the 14" Sleekbook, perhaps.
2. Is the battery removable on this unit, without having to disassemble or remove the top/bottom covers and/or keyboard? Can you provide the exact part number for the battery?
3. Is there an optical disk drive(DVD) or even just a bay for one? Can't tell from pics.
4. Does it have a backlit keyboard?
5. What is the screen native resolution? Is it near 1080 (or even 720)?
6. Is the screen finish satin/matte? The screen looks glossy, but not sure from looking at pics. Often HP laptops seem to have very glossy screens, my son had one like that. It seems HP feels it makes the screen appear 'sharper' but the reflections were pretty terrible, I recall.
7. Is there an SSD? You only mention a hard disk.
8. Actual standard/speed and manufacturer of wireless adapter? (i.e., N300, AC1700, etc; Intel, Realtek..)
9. Did this machine come new with the Win10 license key in the BIOS? Does it include factory 'recovery' media for the OS that will be installed? If not, can you describe how the OS will be re-loaded? (I am aware of the mechanics of reloading an OS - what I'm asking is how will the OS be loaded/activated on this machine, whether the license came new on this machine, and whether it has been used on any other computer)
10. Point of clarification: It may be a typo, but the AMD A8-5545M is actually a 1.7Ghz CPU (second slowest CPU of the A8 mobile series, after the 1.6 GHz 4555M - the 'turbo' speed is listed as 2.7, but I believe that's not on all 4 cores, nor the default speed). Can you confirm this please?
11. Finally, as regards payment: You will accept PayPal, and you cover the PayPal seller's cost? I will answer these as best as possible. 1) I can double check the exact number, but there are a whole lot of variations of this laptop with minor (or large) differences. I couldn't find very much on this particular model number when I did look it up, but looking at the actual specs is probably most beneficial. It was bought from Costco. 2) Battery can be removed in seconds. Something most new laptops do is mount it internally, or worse, make it non-detachable. You just push in two tabs and pull it off and clip on another battery. I wish all laptops were this simple. No disassembly required. You can even use no battery assuming it is plugged in if I recall. 3) There is no optical media drive, but you can always use an external DVD/CD drive. 4) No. Not a big fan of back lighting on laptop keyboards personally, in part due to extra battery drain as well as possible reflection on the screen. 5) 1366x768. 6) It is not high gloss. It leans more towards a matte style look, the lighting and angle make it look more glossy than a normal viewing angle. Compared to an Apple or other HPs this looks fairly low in terms of reflection. I never used it outside of a building, but never had issues with the screen being too dim or seeing my own reflection. But it certainly is not extremely glossy (I really dislike glossy monitors). 7) No, the specs above are what it comes with. 1TB HDD. You can always replace the HDD with an SSD. 8) I'm not sure. What I do know is the downloads are as fast as my wired connection on my desktop, which is around 8 to 12 MB/S depending on where I am downloading from. My previous Dells (and some other HPs) were notably worse and occasionally had issues immediately finding a connection after waking up from a sleep. I can't imagine this will be top of the line because it never was a top of the line laptop, but it is better than bottom of the barrel laptops which I used prior. 9) Windows is tied to the motherboard. It will be refreshed prior to shipping which can be done within Windows 10. Win 10 will automatically authenticate when Windows is refreshed/re-installed if it detects the same motherboard. It will not come with install media (the laptop didn't), and you can always use a USB drive with a Win 10 .ISO for re-installing if needed. 10) It is an AMD A8-5545M. Like all CPUs the clock varies depending on load, this will range from 1 to 2.7GHZ as needed. On my desktop I disabled AMD Cool N Quiet in the motherboard so I get a constant 3.8GHZ (and 4GHZ on my previous Intel), but I wouldn't do that on a laptop personally (battery life + heat). I will double check and update if it is indeed different. But varying frequency is a normal feature of processors and probably can't be disable on most laptop BIOS. 11) I'll cover what is normally required; which would be 2.9% + 30 cents. If you have other questions or are interested do send me a PM and we can work something out. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump. Will also offer some discounts if multiple models are bought together.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump, added two new planes, a 777-200ER ANA Star Wars and Qatar A320.
The Korean 777 has been sold.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 23 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
PM replied to. Will also be uploaded an Aeroclassics A340-300 Air France soon.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump, added Windows 10 Pro OEM and A340-300 Air France & A350 Singapore flaps down 10000th Airbus models.
Have not heard back from the previous interested party regarding the 777-200 Star Wars, so I will assume they are no longer interested.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
meh Veteran
|
|
meh Veteran
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984 |
The win10 key is it a hardcopy key? on a foil stamp cardboard like the old ones or is it just a key you'll give via PM?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
It is just the product code, you will need to use your own install media (linked in the first post).
Sorry flogger, we don't sell "windows" copies on this site.
Last edited by Murphy; 02/16/18 08:27 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump. DC-8 has been sold.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump. Re-added Win 10 after asking for approval to a moderator.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump. A350 Singapore Flaps Up version has sold for $50.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Bump. Reduced some prices. Added the following:
Logitech G400S Cooler Master mechanical keyboard 787-10 Singapore 1:400
Qatar A380 sold.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|