SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 926
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 926

Huntsman do grow big ...

But maybe this article will clear a few curiosities some may have.

Here



Last edited by Urban Furball; 11/08/16 12:22 PM.

One Flash.......and ur Ash!!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

O
oselisan
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered
O
I have no problem with spiders. One time when I was cleaning the kitchen, I found a spider had built its home in one of the cupboards. Back then, I was living with five female flatmates and most of the time I had to clean up after them (whatever upbringing they had don't ask). I was probably pissed off that day and left the creature alone.

So many unexpected noises in the kitchen that I can't recall which one was caused by the spider jumping at one of them.

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
G
Stick to the plan man!
Member
Stick to the plan man!
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted By: KraziKanuK
Originally Posted By: FrenchToast
You know, here in Quebec we have lasting winters with tons of snow and sleet for months on end, we need special machinery to remove feets of snow from our streets, and special tires on our cars for three months a year, and we spend a fortune on heating in January when temperatures drop under -20 degrees C.

But

We do not have those things here


I'll take the snow and cold anytime thank you very much


FT


But you have deer flies that take a hunk of flesh from you. And, black flies that are like death from a thousand cuts.


who cares haha
they are alive about 4 months a year....

+1 for snow/cold vs big **** spiders and other things that should be nuked! lawncareby20mm


XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,527
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,527
Wait wait wait a second here. Five females in a flat? Say wha!? Forget spiders, you can throw a king cobra in there and I'd still move in with the chicks. biggrin


When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,148
Likes: 2
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,148
Likes: 2
The spider on the toilet appears to be added into the picture and it's indeed no huntsman spider.

I know the species as I have them very occasionally in my home, this one is from the family Tegenaria. In the US one well-known member is called the hobo spider.

If you don't like them, tolerate these spiders:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae

They prey on hobo spiders (no joke).

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Lol I ain't gonna click on that link even on a bet purolator.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,118
K
Veteran
Veteran
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,118
Ah wheels, it is about Daddy Long Leg spiders.


There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
H
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
H Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
Those are the ones that jump on you in the darkest recesses of caves. Wheels should think twice about cave tours.


"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Haggart you EVIL bas**rd!!! wacky biggrin
No worries about me spelunking anytime soon. Pretty sure most caves have a waist size limit to fit into them. wink


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
H
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
H Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
biggrin


"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
I love spiders - squashed


"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,445
Likes: 3
survivor
Hotshot
survivor
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,445
Likes: 3
I have been bitten only once by a spider. It was a red-back, that aren't specially big, but ultra venomous. After 8 years my thumb is still sensitive and scarred from the bite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redback_spider

The really big ones are basically harmless, but best avoid the funnel-web

http://australianmuseum.net.au/sydney-funnel-web-spider


"You'll never take me alive" said he,
And his ghost may be heard if you pass by that billabong
"Who'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me?"



Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
H
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
I Fought Diablo
Veteran
H Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 15,786
Max...."I have been bitten only once by a spider. It was a red-back, that aren't specially big, but ultra venomous."
.........."The really big ones are basically harmless, but best avoid the funnel-web"

that's nice Max, I'm sure Wheelsup_cavu will be just thrilled to hear of it, hehe
(this poor guy was a victim ..... danger, you have been warned)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7iLO1qSKv2k/maxresdefault.jpg






"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: Haggart
Originally Posted By: Mad Max
I have been bitten only once by a spider. It was a red-back, that aren't specially big, but ultra venomous."
.........."The really big ones are basically harmless, but best avoid the funnel-web


that's nice Max, I'm sure Wheelsup_cavu will be just thrilled to hear of it, hehe

Lol, being bitten is one thing but waking up having one crawling on your face more than once is just a little bit more than disconcerting. dizzy


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 26
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 26
From the article Furball linked:

"So one of the best places to find a huntsman is behind a towel and a wall in the bathroom," he said.

"What they'll do is they'll lay their eggs in the bath towel and when you go to run the bath, as what happened to one lady, hundreds of baby huntsman came swarming up the walls of the bath."



Well, there is one country right there that I'll never visit eek2

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,118
K
Veteran
Veteran
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,118
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Lol, being bitten is one thing but waking up having one crawling on your face more than once is just a little bit more than disconcerting. dizzy

Wheels


Was at the cabin one night after coming back from the local bar and about to fall asleep. Felt this 'thing' on my forehead. Without thinking my hand slapped the forehead and felt this mushy mess spreading over my forehead. I had squished a pregnant dock spider.

http://www.cottagetips.com/tips/facts-about-dock-spiders/


There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,157 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1