|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397 |
My computer unexpectedly crashed with a scary blue screen two days ago. I have managed to fix that but when trying to run WOFF I get this:  It appears on startup (and whenever I try to restore defaults in the Workshop). Is there a way to fix this that doesn�t involve reinstalling everything? I have tried to reinstall the latest patch (3.11) but the problem persists.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082 |
Check the "Simulation.xml" file is in your OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields directory and is not write protected.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397 |
It�s there and it�s not write protected. I think it got corrupted somehow.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082 |
It�s there and it�s not write protected. I think it got corrupted somehow. OK, try this one: Simulation.xml Download and replace the old one. Let's see.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397 |
That did the trick JJJ, thanks a lot!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082 |
You're welcome. I am glad I could help.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770 |
Zounds........wish I could fix my issue that easily. MS sends me a note on mission exit that WOFF has stopped working and the sim quits....happens 50% of the time.....really miserable after a long, hard flight. Same thing happens sometimes when I have just the start screen open for a while w/out even running a mission. Dev's have taken a run at the logs but no joy.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770 |
JJJ65..........well, I can scarcely credit this but I just banged in your replacement simulation.xml file....nothing else was helping.....but I've flown 6 missions in a row now w/out the game quitting. I'll have to see another dozen work before I can start to breath easy....it's been months since I was able to see WOFF run consistently. So, a cautious but hopeful thank you. Nice one....will let you know if things continue on the up and up. Cheers!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,547 Likes: 20
Hellshade Senior Member
|
|
Hellshade Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,547 Likes: 20 |
Wow. Awesome to see folks get back in the air. Thanks JJJ.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082 |
JJJ65..........well, I can scarcely credit this but I just banged in your replacement simulation.xml file....nothing else was helping.....but I've flown 6 missions in a row now w/out the game quitting. I'll have to see another dozen work before I can start to breath easy....it's been months since I was able to see WOFF run consistently. So, a cautious but hopeful thank you. Nice one....will let you know if things continue on the up and up. Cheers!! Honestly, gaw1, I think it was just due some kind of coincidence, but I wish you it stay persistent without crashes. Good luck!
Last edited by JJJ65; 08/10/16 05:58 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397 |
This has been what I call a useful thread so far 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770 |
well----it's weird....this problem seems to popping up all of a sudden for more people. I guess if there are more brilliant minds than mine focused on a fix.....coincidence or not....it's a good thing and I'm profoundly grateful. Can't say how diminished WOFF felt when there was a turd in the punchbowl.....just glad to be back in the saddle racking up bad chaps again....and Good Gravy....doesn't WOFF look gorgeous these days? Cheers all
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 476
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 476 |
That sounds like a great name for a band.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|