SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4286239 08/10/16 07:35 AM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
My computer unexpectedly crashed with a scary blue screen two days ago. I have managed to fix that but when trying to run WOFF I get this:



It appears on startup (and whenever I try to restore defaults in the Workshop). Is there a way to fix this that doesn�t involve reinstalling everything? I have tried to reinstall the latest patch (3.11) but the problem persists.

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Check the "Simulation.xml" file is in your OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields directory and is not write protected.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
It�s there and it�s not write protected. I think it got corrupted somehow.

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Originally Posted By: ArisFuser
It�s there and it�s not write protected. I think it got corrupted somehow.

OK, try this one:
Simulation.xml
Download and replace the old one. Let's see.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
That did the trick JJJ, thanks a lot!

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
You're welcome. I am glad I could help.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
Zounds........wish I could fix my issue that easily. MS sends me a note on mission exit that WOFF has stopped working and the sim quits....happens 50% of the time.....really miserable after a long, hard flight. Same thing happens sometimes when I have just the start screen open for a while w/out even running a mission. Dev's have taken a run at the logs but no joy.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
JJJ65..........well, I can scarcely credit this but I just banged in your replacement simulation.xml file....nothing else was helping.....but I've flown 6 missions in a row now w/out the game quitting. I'll have to see another dozen work before I can start to breath easy....it's been months since I was able to see WOFF run consistently. So, a cautious but hopeful thank you. Nice one....will let you know if things continue on the up and up. Cheers!!

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes: 20
H
Hellshade
Senior Member
Hellshade
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes: 20
Wow. Awesome to see folks get back in the air. Thanks JJJ.


Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,082
Originally Posted By: gaw1
JJJ65..........well, I can scarcely credit this but I just banged in your replacement simulation.xml file....nothing else was helping.....but I've flown 6 missions in a row now w/out the game quitting. I'll have to see another dozen work before I can start to breath easy....it's been months since I was able to see WOFF run consistently. So, a cautious but hopeful thank you. Nice one....will let you know if things continue on the up and up. Cheers!!

Honestly, gaw1, I think it was just due some kind of coincidence, but I wish you it stay persistent without crashes.
Good luck! thumbsup

Last edited by JJJ65; 08/10/16 05:58 PM.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
Member
Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,397
This has been what I call a useful thread so far yep

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
well----it's weird....this problem seems to popping up all of a sudden for more people. I guess if there are more brilliant minds than mine focused on a fix.....coincidence or not....it's a good thing and I'm profoundly grateful. Can't say how diminished WOFF felt when there was a turd in the punchbowl.....just glad to be back in the saddle racking up bad chaps again....and Good Gravy....doesn't WOFF look gorgeous these days? Cheers all

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 476
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 476
Originally Posted By: gaw1
a turd in the punchbowl


That sounds like a great name for a band.


Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,007 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1