|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 789
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 789 |
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I could not find it with a search. Space Engine is a universe simulator with procedurally generated stars, planets, moons, clusters and galaxies. Right now it seems just for exploring and viewing. I think it has ships now, but I haven't seen the need for that yet. I have put it to good use making background screens. The variety is endless. And the whole program is only 1 GB. Anyone running this with Windows 10 will have to right click and use compatibility mode, and I have only got 0.9.7.2 to run. You can get it here: http://en.spaceengine.org/load/core/spaceengine0972/2-1-0-19Look around on the site for the updates if you want to try them.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55 |
Right now the latest release candidate version seemed to run okay on my Windows 10 laptop, with no compatibility settings applied.
It's really not much more than Celestia but with way better looks and procedural generation, for now - Although there's supposed to be some kind of gameplay later.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 789
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 789 |
Hey Noctis, what version are you running and what is your CPU and GPU?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55 |
0.974 RC3, Intel i7-3632QM, Nvidia GT 640M + Intel HD Graphics 4000, seemed to run all right.
Also I hope they'd add some kind of foliage and other things beyond texture on planetary surface eventually. Right now it's a bit...Empty, I say. And if ever possible, some kind of procedurally generated fauna too.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
How do I get the RC builds?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
Sweet! I've been waiting over a year for a new update to SE. Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845 |
Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7 3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k: LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB Youtube videosFlickr Photos
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
|
|
|