SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Old school?

Fallout 1
Planescape Torment
Secret of Mana
(I finished AGAIN on the SNES emulator of my mobile some weeks ago. I just love it)
Ultima Underworld
System Shock
. The first. The Besterest.


Also Did you guy noticed they are doing not only a new Ultima Underworld but also a new System Shock?

New School? Harder for me...

Mass Effect the first. I simply loved it- Amazing.
Skyrim blew me away as a whole but sadly I ruined it with too many mods and never finished- I simply had to restart from scratch and lost too much time on it. One day maybe.
Fallout 3 was really good but I simply lost my train of thought- so to speak. I should restart.
Can I drop here Batman Arkham Asylum and City only? To me it WAS being Batman. Brilliant.

Aaaand- Yes I'm going to take flak for it... The Elite series- Dangerous inlcuded. That to me IS BEING a space commander.
I can really see room for improvement but so far the experience has been epic.
:P
Sorry.

Last edited by komemiute; 12/18/15 10:42 AM.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
I forgot to include a few honorable mentions:

Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Witcher 1 & 2

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/18/15 12:02 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
Originally Posted By: Remon
Originally Posted By: CG2015
Originally Posted By: Immermann
Eye of the Beholder
Phantasy Star
Dungeon Master
Baldurs Gate
Pool of Radiance

Yep. Old school.


Those old SSI D&D games?

I remember playing them on my old (well back then it was new) 386 black and white laptop with a 10 inch screen.

There was one that was part of a series with Eye of the Beholder being one of them and Pool of Radiance being the other.

Can't no longer remember the titles of the rest.

And also IMO, FF VII on Sony Playstation 1 and the Lunar series on the Sega were the best RPG I ever played.


Eye of the Beholder and Pool of Radiance had their own series, and Pool of Radiance was part of the Gold Box games.

You're probably thinking of the Curse of the Azure Bonds or the Secret of the Silver Blades, sequels to the Pool of Radiance.


Yes, those 2. I had those too.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect
Skyrim


I like that list. I'll add Fable, the first. It wasn't quite as much as promised, and not a fully open world, but it was extremely immersive and added character development in new ways beyond the norm at the time.

I'll swap ME2 for Red Dead Redemption. The perfect Western RPG, covering all ages of the movies.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Right, totally forgot about Deus Ex and DE:HR duh


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 1
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 1
Privateer / Wing Commander series ( I like them all)
Mass Effect series ( I like them all )
Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition (DA2 sucked)
Skyrim


Archie Smythe

carpe diem
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
R
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
Never really liked the RPG genre, but Mass Effect was my Gateway Drug. Maybe the Sci-Fi environment resonated more than the Sword and Sorcery D&D world, but from Mass Effect, I went on to The Witcher and loved it. Started Witcher 2 and was loving it until I just lost interest in grinding out the puzzles. Have to get back to it so I can justify eventual purchase of Witcher 3.

Started Fallout 3 and was liking it but got bogged down.

Started Neverwinter Nights and was liking it but got bogged down

Started Dragon Age Origins (wait for it....) and was liking it but got bogged down.

Gothic 2 Gold game HIGHLY recommended by someone I trust, so maybe that will be the D&D style game that keeps my interest.

I OWN lots of RPG from GOG/STEAM sales including most of TES titles...but time is against me!

So.. I guess my list in order goes something like this:

Mass Effect 2 (first one played and still my favorite of the series)
The Witcher (1)
Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 1
The Witcher 2


Long system spec sig follows:






PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Knights of the Old Republic
Deus Ex


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Chrono Trigger, the best of the classic Japanese console RPGs IMO.

Baldur's Gate.

Jagged Alliance 2, sort of.

Ultima 5.

Betrayal at Krondor.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
C
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
I've got to vote for the only ones I have ever finished

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2

Ultima 3

Ultima 4

Neverwinter Nights 2


Robots are stealing my luggage.
O
oselisan
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered
O
1. Neverwinter Nights 1
2. Temple of Elemental Evil
3. Divine Divinity
4. Dungeon Siege II
5. Neverwinter Nights 2

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Ultima Underworld
Ultima 6
Sentinel Worlds I
Wizardry 8
Baldur's Gate II

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
P
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger
Senior Member
sometime mudslinger
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
I forget now, was it Ultima 3 that had
Rabindranath Tagore as a character? That
was rather a bit of a surprise.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 241
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 241
Deus Ex
KOTOR 2
Baldur's Gate II
Morrowind
Final Fantasy VII

honorable mentions to SWtoR for being a quite okay MMO with great great story content, Bard's Tale III for starting my addiction and Asheron's Call for incredible freedom in character development

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,083 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1