|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028 Likes: 2
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028 Likes: 2 |
Has anyone tried the Pipboy app for a phone or tablet yet, it sounds interesting, I haven't had a chance to to try it but I'm hoping I can use my phone as a Pipboy instead of hitting Tab all the time.
That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead? Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick. Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake. No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864 |
I run it on my old ipad, works great! I really wish ED builds something similar for DCS. On my iphone it was too small.
-C-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243 |
So, what's the verdict people, is everyone having fun with Fallout 4?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,247
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,247 |
So, what's the verdict people, is everyone having fun with Fallout 4? It's pretty good IMO. I'm enjoying it. I have barely made it out far from the starting vault but really just getting to grips with the new combat and crafting system and I like how they have done it. The bad things about the game is the typically Bethesda trademark of releasing great games punctuated with tardiness and bugs. I think many folks had issues with the graphics. I don't think the graphics are dated. In fact they look really good but needs tweaking to get them to work right even on very decent game rigs. Micro stutters are a big problem with many machines. There are a couple of 'fixes' out there that either eliminate this or make it manageable, but this is one example of the tardiness I was referring to. It should have been addressed and should not have gone all the way to release in such a state. I find it hard the people at Bethesda did not know about the problem seeing that is so widespread. They do know about it. They just could not be bothered to fix it. There's a certain casualness and arrogance you'd come to expect from Bethesda. There are a whole laundry list of problems with the game including game stopping bugs that are coming to light as players amass gametime. That said, its a flawed gem but a gem nevertheless.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,247
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,247 |
Just wondering what difficulty level people are playing at ? I set it on 'Hard' and that seems like the sweet spot for me. Tried 'Very Hard' and 'Survivor' but pretty much everything turn into bullet sponges at the latter settings.
Albernathy's wife took a full 12-round 10mm clip in the leg on 'Very Hard' and kept on sprinting towards me like Usian Bolt. She hits like the Hulk once she gets within melee range.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
Fallout 4 is... Rocketing to the air on your Jet-Pack wearing your power armor and firing a mini-nuke into a small settlement to kill all the Feral Ghouls. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740 |
Overall I find fallout 4 fun and good. But not as compelling as New Vegas. Some stuff is most certainly better while other things are totally missing from Fallout 3 and NV. 4 seems even more shooter than previous. Less non lethal options all around. While I would not call the map size huge or even large, I would call it totally packed with places and things. Like a crazy about of stuff. I am 60 hours in at level 33 playing on survivor and barely touched the main story line. Probably why my level is lower than it should be after so much time in game. Much less EXP running around exploring places while not doing many quests. Or small ones I should say.
I find survivor not really that hard. Certain times causes a pickle. If i go vary far south or east without power armor I get dead real fast. With Power Armor is manageable.
I think I made a booboo as I joined Brotherhood of Steel at around hour 20 of game. I still to this point have not met the other 2 choose-able factions. Not counting the Minutemen. What I get for not following the main story arc... That is something I think that is off with Fallout 4 over previous.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,271
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,271 |
... I think I made a booboo as I joined Brotherhood of Steel at around hour 20 of game... I got 12 hrs on the game and the first thing I did was join the Brotherhood of Steel ! Sounded too sexy to ignore. Darn, why is it a booboo? They sent me on a wild goose hunt to eventually find a Radio Tower. Currently being chased by some sort of large scorpions. Cheers, Slug
"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028 Likes: 2
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028 Likes: 2 |
Lol that bloody nuke launcher, I wondered out into an open spot in a big town and suddenly heard a whistling like a bomb coming down, it turned out to be some guy with a fatman launcher above me.
I must say, the ferals are more difficult to kill than past series, they duck now.
That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead? Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick. Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake. No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740 |
These BOS are not like the ones from previous Fallouts.... Looking at you fallout 1 and 3. While not gone that far with their story arc either I am finding lots of tidbits of the railroad (without meeting them) that says my morals are more inline with these guys. I simply should have waited to join a factions after meeting them all. You would think that running around for 20 hours you would have met them all, even without following much of the main quest line.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts Lifer
|
|
Measured in Llamathrusts Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718 |
I'm having great fun with the game, though like all of the Fallout games I'm probably doing it all wrong. I'm avoiding the main story line and just making my own up as I go along. The only group I've joined is the Minutemen, and that's because they just adopt the character and start calling her General. I'm building up the settlements slowly but surely to be heavily defended strong points that are self sufficient and trading with each other. And they'll all look up to me as their leader, the one that saved them from the wasteland. Healthy, fed, armed, and defended by auto-cannons and artillery. [evil grin] And I've developed a real grudge to the Gunners. I kill them on sight and try to find their encampments and wipe them out, too. I'll bypass the garden variety raiders and super mutants, but the Gunners must die. Oh, and the marina setting with the boats and the boards connecting them is brilliant. Someone spent a lot of time and thought in setting that up. Last thing - I've only been to Boston once, but I'm getting a bit lost when looking for landmarks. I understand there's some liberty taken with highways and topography, but I think Bunker Hill has been moved. 
The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events. More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.comFrom Laser: "The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177 Likes: 2
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177 Likes: 2 |
Bought it.
Steam is annoying the hell out of me, as usual. I intend to use it only as delivery platform anyway...
No major updates released yet from what I see? What happened to the game-breaking bug reported - sounded a bit crazy, when even reinstalling or previous save games will not fix it?
Oh, and since Dart makes a compelling argument this is the first ever game where I'll be playing a female character out of choice... (Tomb Raider doesn't count).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740 |
Its too early for mega patch fixes yet. Been one small one and that is it. Releasing one by one will certainly fix one issue and make more to with it. Best to collect many bugs and step on them together. So far, just that one big bug. I have not encountered any issues yet. 60 plus hours.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410 Likes: 10
Pilgrim Veteran
|
|
Pilgrim Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410 Likes: 10 |
You know what? I didn't know you could create your own wife! I just thought the beginning was a gender choice for your character. I didn't know you could also change your spouse. So I guess I'll have to restart it to get that slim young girl with waste-long red hair and green eyes.
John 10:1-30 Romans 10:1-13
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
You know what? I didn't know you could create your own wife! I just thought the beginning was a gender choice for your character. I didn't know you could also change your spouse. So I guess I'll have to restart it to get that slim young girl with waste-long red hair and green eyes. Does the game support same sex couples? That would be like progressive and stuff!
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
By the way, the mods are already trickling in: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/?Nexus Mod Manager has been updated to support Fallout 4. Someone already modded the dialog wheel to instead show all the full dialog options: Dialog mod I picked up a few to make nights darker and light sources more effective and cast shadows on more objects.
Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 11/18/15 08:31 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
You know what? I didn't know you could create your own wife! I just thought the beginning was a gender choice for your character. I didn't know you could also change your spouse. So I guess I'll have to restart it to get that slim young girl with waste-long red hair and green eyes. Does the game support same sex couples? That would be like progressive and stuff! Kind of difficult to pull that off and still have the main quest make any sense.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
There's gotta be a token gay couple in the game somewhere, just gotta find them  I remember playing the Mass Effect games and rolling my eyes on more than one occasion.
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,740 |
There's gotta be a token gay couple in the game somewhere, just gotta find them  I remember playing the Mass Effect games and rolling my eyes on more than one occasion. I already did.... Diamond city. The lesbian science nerd girls. No bestiality yet. But I think that was left behind in fallout 2. But one guy marries a robot? ER....
Last edited by FlashBurn; 11/18/15 08:47 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts Lifer
|
|
Measured in Llamathrusts Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718 |
You know what? I didn't know you could create your own wife! I just thought the beginning was a gender choice for your character. I didn't know you could also change your spouse. So I guess I'll have to restart it to get that slim young girl with waste-long red hair and green eyes. Does the game support same sex couples? That would be like progressive and stuff! I know you can flirt with members of the same sex, so I guess you can. I don't think it's "progressive" so much as simpler coding - the programmers just left off a gender filter on the romance routines. Then again, I suppose in the post apocalypse one gets it where one can find it. I ditched the dog for a mercenary dude, as he can shoot stuff at a distance. Oh, and it took me a couple hours to figure out that the dog can carry a lot of stuff - it just didn't dawn on me to try and shove a hundred pounds into his...pockets? I don't even want to think about where he was keeping the sniper rifle I had him tote around. There's some nonsense programming in the settler whines. I had one settlement call for help about some raiders that were bothering them (yet again the "I don't know how many there are, but last time it was three") that was pretty far away and actually closer to another settlement. And yet the super mutant hangout was about five hundred yards away. A huge improvement over the previous Fallout games is the money. In the other games I wound up being fabulously wealthy, but here things are expensive, the traders stingy when they buy stuff, and the drops are small. So one has to actually manage the money and save up for things.
The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events. More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.comFrom Laser: "The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|