|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946 |
After beefing up my frame shift drive ...I may have miss-calculated the amount of fuel per jump and also wandered into an area that seems to be full of non scoop-able stars ... if there are any commanders in the vicinity of the Hyades sector who would lend a hand and possibly a gallon of fuel would be appreciated 
Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.
The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire
Tracers work BOTH ways...
" I have a cunning plan my lord "
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
Type in the full system name, tempus.
I'm about to login, so I'll see if I'm near.
BTW, I've read that Private Groups are useful for this. Creating a private group with just yourself, and then the refueling player join that group. It can help ensure that both players actually can see each other in the same instance, instead of struggling hoping for a random instance to match.
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532 |
And I just got off-line. Got a couple of time critical things I gotta do but I'll be back. I'll check back on here before I do. Guess I'll need fuel limpets?
EDIT: Simultaneous post with adlabs6. Ah. And a clever "BTW" adlabs6!
Last edited by DukeIronHand; 11/14/15 05:58 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532 |
Well I am on pins and needles here. How is the rescue going?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532 |
Hmmm...just got online and, wondering why I didn't get a SOS from tempusmurphy I checked my "Friends" list to find it totally gone. I know I can be obnoxious but 25 people who don't know each other, all conspiring together to un-Friend me at the same time, is unlikely. Anyone else having issues?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946 |
the rescue is still ongoing ... and strange with the friends list... as far as i know you are still on mine
Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.
The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire
Tracers work BOTH ways...
" I have a cunning plan my lord "
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946 |
well the rescue was a success... with some very close timing and fantastic work from Adlabs, I had run completely out of fuel and my ship had shut down all systems .. including life support .. when the first load of fuel from Adlabs hit my tank and restarted my life support I was down to just over 1 minute of oxygen left ...some great play there and also thanks to Krusty and Duke for the offers of help .. note to self ..must check way points for scoop able stars
Last edited by tempusmurphy; 11/14/15 09:51 PM.
Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.
The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire
Tracers work BOTH ways...
" I have a cunning plan my lord "
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
Yep, some fun cooperative play. Glad it worked Tempus! Here you can see the fuel limpets inbound, mid refuel: 
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
Adlabs 
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 159
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 159 |
Can any of you verify if you log off does your fuel and oxygen use stop? If so then logging off in space means your idle fuel consumption is tracked? -B
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
Tempus will have to comfirm, but as I understood he logged off with all modules disabled (aside from life support). When he returned 2 hours later, what fuel he had was gone, and he got a 2 minute oxygen warning.
I was still 35 minutes away at that point.
After I reached his location, he logged back in, and said there was less than 2 minutes or so of oxygen left.
So apparently fuel does still burn while disconnected, but oxygen not?
Never did know that.
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946 |
when I logged off I had zero in the main tanks and almost fumes left in the other tanks .. when i logged back in two hours later the life support immidiatly powered down and i got the 4 min O2 warning.. I logged off at about the two and a half (and had to wait the 15sec ship in danger thing) then re-joined and the o2 timer was still about the 2 min mark... so its hard to tell if the ship burns fuel when logged off ... or i may have had so little left in the tank it went almost straight away... further testing is needed ...
Last edited by tempusmurphy; 11/15/15 12:07 AM.
Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.
The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire
Tracers work BOTH ways...
" I have a cunning plan my lord "
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 159
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 159 |
Glad to finally know that, I've logged off in space a few times and never noticed fuel usage. ****Great work, by the way Ad****. Also OT, I'd love to know how you set up your asp for the jump range you're getting.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474 Likes: 13
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474 Likes: 13 |
Great ending... well done chaps 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
I was asked about my outfitting in that Clipper.
Here is how it was outfitted when I traveled to refuel tempus: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=703,mpW0_g0_g,2-6QA07_8S6Q8S6k,5H_52W7RA07205U05U03w5fG
And in the trade configuration used in the last hauling CG: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=703,mpW0_g0_g0_g,2-6QA07_8S6Q8S6k,0Bk0AA7RA07205U05U03w03w
And since I've got the notepad file open, here are my other ship's outfittings.
Python full time trade/mining outfit, I rarely change it: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=705,mpVH9WH9W0_g0_g01Q0Wg,2-7_A07_6k9YA08I,0AA0AA7Um08c50o0bq5T45T45uk
Asp, large shielding, modest cargo. Used for fast, long range bulletin board mission running: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=70g,0Wg01Q0_g0__,2-6Q7_7_6u4s8S8I,52C7Sk05U05U05U03w03w
Type-7, because I wanted to enjoy a cargo ship that felt like a cargo ship: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=70X,mpW0_g01Q0_g0_g,2-6Q8S7_6u4s5K8I,0AA0AA08c7Sk07207203w03w
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866 |
re-joined and the o2 timer was still about the 2 min mark... so its hard to tell if the ship burns fuel when logged off ... or i may have had so little left in the tank it went almost straight away... further testing is needed ... The ship does not burn fuel when logged off, it simply ceases to exist. It may well burn fuel during some part of the loading/log on process when the game connects to the servers but 100% does not track fuel and oxygen when offline. 
This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|