SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4189159 11/01/15 12:04 AM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Messing with the Chroma SDK.







Last edited by usafmtl40; 11/02/15 04:59 PM.

Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
I had a Blackwidow mechanical keyboard. Last under 2 months before it died with no notice. I'm not a fan.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Had a similar setup that came with my new computer, it died along with the fancy mouse
after about 18 months. Went wireless and never looked back. Still using it to.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
O
oselisan
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered
O
Originally Posted By: Flogger23m
I had a Blackwidow mechanical keyboard. Last under 2 months before it died with no notice. I'm not a fan.


Also have a Blackwidow mechanical keyboard (2013) and a razer naga. The keyboard is fine, no problems. The naga however has this annoying double click issue. Last product I bought from them was the Tiamat headphone.

I'm not a fan of razer for a different reason. Users here have gone crazy about privacy etc. bashing giants like Microsoft and the government.

Sometimes you forget the little guys spying on you.

Razer had an issue about keylogging back in 2014(?) IIRC. My memory's bad but someone filed a complaint about Synapse (maybe 2.0?). This software required an internet connection to log-in which pissed me off. The keylogging issue was the last straw for me. It was supposedly resolved but they never earned my trust back.

So, no Synapse software for me and I'm waiting for my Blackwidow and Naga to die so that I can buy another brand. Admittedly, I'm quite satisfied with their generic function.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
The only piece of razor gear I have is a USB megaladon headset. I think it was the last good headset they made. I've tried a few of their other gear and it is mostly cheap crap. They used to make good hardware but now its all cheap and breaks within months of use. :/

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
There are a lot of Razer knockoffs going around and the proof is how easily some of them break. I have had one issue and it was when the Tiamat I bought my son lost sound in one ear. They replaced it with no questions asked. I just got the Diamondback Chroma to replace my left handed Death Adder which I am taking to work to use. Other than that all my Razer products work great. I guess I have been lucky.


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
I have two Blackwidow Ultimates and two Naga Epic Chroma wireless mice. One set is with the Obutto and my PC, the other set is with my Mac Mini on the desk across the room. I have to set the Mac to Offline mode in Synapse so that my PC doesn't try to use the Mac keyboard/mouse profiles.

Love the Blackwidow keyboard. The best typing keyboard I've ever had.


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Yeah I love my Black Widow keyboard. I like the "feedback" you get when type if that makes sense.


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
My only objection is that there isn't a WIRELESS Blackwidow yet. Makes Obutto use when flying a bit awkward, because I can't simply move it to one of the acrylic tabletops.


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Originally Posted By: RogueSqdn
My only objection is that there isn't a WIRELESS Blackwidow yet. Makes Obutto use when flying a bit awkward, because I can't simply move it to one of the acrylic tabletops.


I would love to have a wireless BW, my only complaint about my set up is the lack of wireless ability.


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
I've got an ancient Diamondback 1800 DPI mouse and pad, I used to have a keyboard but gave it away when I went laptop.

They've served me well but are getting tired and I'll probably replace mouse pad shortly with new Razer products though hearing that Razer QC isn't what it used to be concerns me.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,841
Likes: 2
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,841
Likes: 2
I bought a Razer keyboard a few years ago on close-out at BestBuy. I don't remember which model, but it was shiny black with a spider name. It should have been named after a dung beetle because it was also a piece of crap. It only lasted a few months before starting to malfunction---which told me why it was on close out in the first place.

Must of been one of their early models, but I doubt I would ever buy another now.

Cheers


Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Space Cadet Zircon
Member
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Originally Posted By: Crane Hunter
I've got an ancient Diamondback 1800 DPI mouse and pad, I used to have a keyboard but gave it away when I went laptop.

They've served me well but are getting tired and I'll probably replace mouse pad shortly with new Razer products though hearing that Razer QC isn't what it used to be concerns me.



They brought the Diamondback back which I had one for years years too and it died maybe after 7 years of use. I was sad to see it go. I was so happy when they brought it back and now I have it again.


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
O
oselisan
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered
O
It is highly unlikely that Razer will produce a wireless Blackwidow. The keyboard was made for competitive gaming and making it wireless will contribute to the lag. Actually, the mechanical design was made to cater to professional gamers.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted By: oselisan
It is highly unlikely that Razer will produce a wireless Blackwidow. The keyboard was made for competitive gaming and making it wireless will contribute to the lag. Actually, the mechanical design was made to cater to professional gamers.


Unfortunately true. I love my mechanical keyboards so I just deal with the wires. Currently using Razer BW Ult, Corsair K95RGB and a few Das Keyboards.


ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
O
oselisan
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered
O
Did some maintenance on my razer naga and noticed a counterweight. I removed it although the mouse feels a bit lighter there is indeed an awkward balance feel to it.

Anyway, just shared it if anyone is interested in lightening up their mouse. It's attached on the roof (remove the top cover and turn it over you'll see a weight dead center).

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
I like my Deathadder.


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,527
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,527
I'll never understand the obsession with lag. Polling rate for a USB keyboard is 125 Hz, no kilo, just hertz. In any case, the Cherry switches they use limit the polling rate to about 200 if you want to push it. Wire or not, that's the fastest you can go due to the debouncing time for the key swtiches themselves.


When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,468 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1