SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4178152 10/06/15 03:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
C
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
Fellow Pilots,

DCS 1.5 is pretty impressive.

My biggest question so far is whether or not cockpit mods (namely English) are compatible with the new 1.5 graphics engine.

In short, I'd like to use existing English cockpit Mods for the Flanker, Frogfoot, Mig-21, Mig-19, C-101, and the MI-8 Hip.

However, before I somehow dork up a perfectly solid installation, does anyone have any intell or experience on this matter?

It has probably been covered in the DCS forums but I can't access those from my computer.

Thanks,

Stephen.


Stephen Luebbert
MAJ, AR
United States Army

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
No idea.I know the devs don't want us to use any mods at all whilst beta testing 1.5
The MiG 21 cockpit has an option for English cockpit ingame anyway I think.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
C
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
MAJ, IN, USA
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 307
Hmm. The MIG-21 has an option to use another cockpit but doesn't explain any further. Well. Shoot.


Stephen Luebbert
MAJ, AR
United States Army

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
I did "convert" the english mi-8 & clean glass mod for 1.5 "appears" to work without problem



Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 597
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 597
The MiG-15 is now ALLL in English. Oh and so is the Black Shark


Maico
i7 5930 @4.2Ghz
EVGA GTX1080 8GB Hybrid
DDR4 3000 x 32Gig
Fatal1ty x99x Mother
LG 34"UC97 Curved
Ultra Wide 3440x1440
TiR5, Thrustmaster Warthog,
Slaw Device Bf-109 Pedals
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
N
Junior Member
Junior Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
They work fine it seems to me. You have to change the file structure of the mod like so:

Old Structure

\mods\aircraft\"The aircraft"\resources\model\textures\

New Structure

\mods\aircraft\"The aircraft"\textures\

Sorted.....hopefully.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Does anyone have a working SU27 English cockpit mod to share?

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: TheBix
Does anyone have a working SU27 English cockpit mod to share?


Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1


If I had all the money I spent on drink ... I'd spend it on drink.

OS:Win7 HP64 CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1: SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2: SanDisk240GB HDD:2 x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF32GB RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:LogitechG11/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:G700s MON:2 x ASUS 24� ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:T16000m Modified THROTTLE:HOTAS X HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Nevyn
They work fine it seems to me. You have to change the file structure of the mod like so:

Old Structure

\mods\aircraft\"The aircraft"\resources\model\textures\

New Structure

\mods\aircraft\"The aircraft"\textures\

Sorted.....hopefully.


Nice tip Nevyn.

One thing though, "Cockpit" should go in between "the aircraft" and "textures"

I'm using JSGME to manage my Mods.
My Paths, as seen in the JSGME "_MODS" folders, were slightly different but the logic is the same.

OLD - My 1.2 Path - G:\Program Files\DCS World\_MODS\Fw-190_Eng_Cockpit\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\FW-190D9-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

NEW - My 1.5 Path - G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_MODS\Fw-190_Eng_Cockpit\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Cockpit\Textures\FW-190D9-CPT-TEXTURES.zip


If I had all the money I spent on drink ... I'd spend it on drink.

OS:Win7 HP64 CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1: SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2: SanDisk240GB HDD:2 x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF32GB RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:LogitechG11/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:G700s MON:2 x ASUS 24� ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:T16000m Modified THROTTLE:HOTAS X HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
B
(v) Viper Driver
Member
(v) Viper Driver
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
Originally Posted By: Kozmyk
Originally Posted By: TheBix
Does anyone have a working SU27 English cockpit mod to share?


Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1


Awesome, cheers brother.


"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
B
(v) Viper Driver
Member
(v) Viper Driver
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
Hmm, doesn't work in 2.0 Alpha, corrupted textures.


"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Hmmm
I went and tried it out again in 1.2 and 1.5

With no Mods I was getting a Chinese Cockpit in both 1.2 and 1.5.
Running Updater Repair in 1.2 got me the Russian Cockpit back.
Turns out there's a Chinese Cockpit Option setting.... Duh!

Couldn't get the cockpits to go English though nope
Even when I double checked the paths:
G:\Program Files\DCS World\_MODS\Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Su-27\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1.zip
Edit: Both these Paths were wrong. Should NOT have had an Su-27 folder and the filename should have been the same as the default zip file:
SU-27S-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_MODS\Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Su-27\Cockpit\Textures\Devrim_DCSWFC3_Su-27EnglishCockpitMod_v1.1.zip

Oh well. Brain is boiled now... I tried dizzy


Last edited by Kozmyk; 12/22/15 08:16 PM. Reason: Showing mistake

If I had all the money I spent on drink ... I'd spend it on drink.

OS:Win7 HP64 CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1: SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2: SanDisk240GB HDD:2 x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF32GB RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:LogitechG11/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:G700s MON:2 x ASUS 24� ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:T16000m Modified THROTTLE:HOTAS X HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Success !!!

After a lot of faffing about on my part and some help from the chaps on the ED forum. I 've managed to get that Su-27S English Cockpit mod working in 1.2, 1.5b and 2.0a

Rather than go over it all again I'll link to the thread I got the help from. if that's OK

[DCS World FC3] Complete Su-27 English Cockpit Mod

Bottom line:
If modding manually; Unpack the mod rename it to the same as the default .zip and put it next to the default zip
If using JSGME; Unpack and rename and make folders within folders the same structure as the default cockpit texture.

I also got it to work by "splicing" the new mod files into a copy of the default zips (for each version), but that apparently is unnecessary.


If I had all the money I spent on drink ... I'd spend it on drink.

OS:Win7 HP64 CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1: SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2: SanDisk240GB HDD:2 x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF32GB RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:LogitechG11/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:G700s MON:2 x ASUS 24� ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:T16000m Modified THROTTLE:HOTAS X HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1