SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4155028 08/07/15 10:25 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 140
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 140
I just wanted to say Goodbye, because I am leaving this Place. There will be no Sound Mod, or anything else. I am so dissapointed. I was not able to get this Game running smooth and liquid. We asked the Dev's to reduce the activities, so that someone could play as liquid as it was in Phase 3 (do you remember the old Days?). But the only Answer we get was :"Everything is alright with this Sim".
Hey Hoo, everything is alright with me, but not with your Sim.

You have made something from a good engine, what no Player manages with.

I do not have the Money for a I-7 Proccessor.






I hate this f... CFS3- Engine

Last edited by Andy73; 08/07/15 10:26 PM.
Andy73 #4155031 08/07/15 10:41 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 864
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 864
You will be missed, mate.


In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
Andy73 #4155051 08/07/15 11:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 223
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 223
I'll send you a few $$ to get you kick started with a new system if anyone else will join in. You are missing the best sim out today.

Andy73 #4155053 08/07/15 11:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,401
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,401
Originally Posted By: Andy73
We asked the Dev's to reduce the activities, so that someone could play as liquid as it was in Phase 3 (do you remember the old Days?). But the only Answer we get was :"Everything is alright with this Sim".


Serious? They added a very light regional air activity after requests to do so.

Sorry if your system isn't up to scratch but don't knock the game!

Bye wave


Rabbits, break right and climb.
Andy73 #4155058 08/08/15 12:16 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 108
Member
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 108
Andy, as being a part of the Dev team, but not representing the whole, I have to say that you are not giving this work a chance. Your opinion is based on the lack of performance of your own PC, and certainly not the game. You can't just "dumb down" the code of a game to an older system, it just doesn't work that way. You as the user have to find a happy medium between your system and the game by turning things down or up.

From your side, you'll have to turn a lot of stuff off, as some of us have to as well (including me), but for the quality that still exists in the game at the graphical level I play at, it still blows everything else on the market out of the water. I most certainly don't have everything running at 5, and my system is now almost 5 years old.

What your saying about WOFF is like a guy with a beat-up daily-driver pulling up to Friday night race-night and claiming everyone is cheating because he keeps loosing.

Sorry Andy, but CFS3 might be old, but there is little of the original code left in the game in WOFF. It's definitely not the problem. Don't give up and keep trying. There are also PC game boosters out there you can try that work pretty good as well.

All the best,

OvS


The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
Andy73 #4155074 08/08/15 02:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Andy73;

I would hate to see you go mate! Give yourself some time to cool down from the frustration and some time to find a solution, be it new hardware of software efficiencies. It is just a matter of time until you will be in a position to run with the rest of us.

I feel your pain. It might be helpful if you would post your system hardware specifications and maybe some of us could help you out with hardware parts donations or some financial aids.

Best Regards

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 08/08/15 02:03 AM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Andy73 #4155082 08/08/15 03:33 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 514
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 514
For what it's worth:
I have a seven year old system
running Win XP
Intel dual core CPU
and an Nvidia GTX660 Ti GPU

Hardly a latest and greatest system.

I run WOFF just fine on most if not all settings with no problems. The only compromises I make is late war campaigns where I turn down the activity to light.

Not trying to add any fuel to the fire, as it seems you've hit the frustration wall, but IMHO the issue is probably not with WOFF.

Andy73 #4155088 08/08/15 03:52 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37
The game is working fine. It seems that when mods are added THAT is when things start to go wrong.

Andy73 #4155096 08/08/15 04:21 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
C
Hotshot
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
yep

I dont run an I-7 processor just a 4 core Amd version of the I-5. My grapics card is in the 5700 seris It works well, just light activity during 1918 and no mods. I agree with Mr. Wiggins and the other guys in the forum . Cool down then post your system specs and maybe the guys can point u in the right direction. I hate losing a fellow WOFF Flyer.

Andy73 #4155111 08/08/15 07:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Originally Posted By: Andy73
I just wanted to say Goodbye, because I am leaving this Place. There will be no Sound Mod, or anything else. I am so dissapointed. I was not able to get this Game running smooth and liquid. We asked the Dev's to reduce the activities, so that someone could play as liquid as it was in Phase 3 (do you remember the old Days?). But the only Answer we get was :"Everything is alright with this Sim".
Hey Hoo, everything is alright with me, but not with your Sim.

You have made something from a good engine, what no Player manages with.

I do not have the Money for a I-7 Proccessor.






I hate this f... CFS3- Engine SAME HERE BTW!!!!


Seems on the search function, Andy is running a i5-2500k and a GTX970 that is more than a match for running WoFF. So his hardware is OK and WoFF can run smooth on this hardware. I'm on a OC HD7970 & i5-2500k so I do know this can handle WOFF. Prove has been written down that some are even running on a very low spec system without any problem.
The only problem: nobody has patience everybody wants to hear: get a new system spent another $$$, without checking what is the cause. Yeah, most problems are solved, only not by hardware but by a fresh OS, new drivers and a clean WoFF, a nice side effect when getting a new PC, but did new hardware actually helped???

Andy, I'm right now on a new job and every day tired, so I do not have much time for internet or playing WoFF, but if you have some patience and not intent to go directly for the hardware change solution, PM me and we could try to figure out on what is wrong here.

Here we always say: "Meten is weten" think this is the first step to go for.

Andy73 #4155127 08/08/15 10:02 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 740
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 740
Originally Posted By: Andy73
I just wanted to say Goodbye, because I am leaving this Place. There will be no Sound Mod, or anything else. I am so dissapointed. I was not able to get this Game running smooth and liquid. We asked the Dev's to reduce the activities, so that someone could play as liquid as it was in Phase 3 (do you remember the old Days?). But the only Answer we get was :"Everything is alright with this Sim".
Hey Hoo, everything is alright with me, but not with your Sim.

You have made something from a good engine, what no Player manages with.

I do not have the Money for a I-7 Proccessor.
I hate this f... CFS3- Engine


Andy I run on an i3,and a GTX630,and "only" 4Gb of RAM,hardly the top of the notch,and I have WOFF go as smoothly as possible with the graphics that shine....I'm afraid you should take a look at your options before let it go winkngrin


" In vino veritas "

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,240 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1