|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5 |
I downloaded it to desktop and ran it from there. Had to put all those files in a folder though. They were all over the desktop!
Last edited by MFair; 02/23/15 04:18 AM.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end. BOC Member since....I can't remember!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 25 |
Thanks Falster. It installed from the temp file. Flew a low level 1918 mission which previously crashed.....this time no screen freeze.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18 |
No dramas guys.
ill be honest, it didnt seem to fix the issue for me, as i have a similar issue, but at least your directx libraries are not to fault now.
i think we can safely say its an issue with the dx9 shaders, on SOME systems, seemingly not all, but aint that just like pc's.....? lol
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37 |
Yes. I concur. I have tried everything from re-install everything a multitude of times. My gaming computer is offline and I have tried every nvidea configuration concocted by mankind as well as numerous workshop settings. Woff FAQ has been both scrutinized and utilized. I was actually crash-free for 3 weeks and thought I had it until.......it began happening again. Final consensus upon hours and hours........and hours of tinkering.....no shaders...no crash.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75 |
Make sure you have full permissions to C:, are an Admin and are not using any security software (Anti Virus etc) that blocks access.
You need to give the DX installer a place to extract the files too. Anywhere will do. C:\Myfolder.
You can try creating a folder BEFORE you run it, then when you do run it, click BROWSE and go find that folder.
Then after extraction use explorer to find it, then run DXSETUP
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Follow the troubleshooting in Sticky thread, or in FAQ (Section 40).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37 |
The maddening thing is that I had someone much more in the "know" go over my computer and he has verified that the Dx9 shaders are on my computer. He had apparently "optimized" my computer to run with WOFF. I had completed 83 successful(no freeze) campaign flights (yes I actually counted them)with different pilots of different years and different regions full shaders on. Then suddenly without warning, or any changes whatsoever to my computer, no updates (Offline the whole time)no mods, no installations of any kind, it began again. Screen freezes on 14 of the next 19 missions (Campaign)My computer was in essence the "constant variable".I have been with the WOFF OFF scene playing since 2006 and will continue to play this wonderful game. I will however have to do so with the shaders "off".
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75 |
Were the missions in various squads /dates? If so the fact you had so many OK missions then now bad, something has to have changed.
Sounds like it's overheating. If no software changed AT all it has to be your hardware. Check cooling, dust, heatsink fitted properly etc. Video card still cooling properly and so on.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37 |
My videocard is definetely not overheating. My computer CYBERPOWERPC has an open case and two fans. Video card etc has all been checked. Everything dust free For the life of me I cannot figure this out. The ONLY thing that I remember is right before it began I accidently discovered the "INSERT" key which I found turns the shaders off and on. My latest add-0n was the official skins pack but the game was working well with this on. (The last 22 missions.) The missions were in various squads and of various dates. I did not tinker with any NVIDIA or workshop functions.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75 |
Then I have no idea. If nothing changed it would still work. Something MUST have changed if it was working fine for some time, and now it isn't.
CPU temperatures? Is your memory fitted properly? Sometimes memory fitted without anti static precaution can fail or become faulty later on.
Have a good think, maybe check if new software was installed or configuration altered.
Check your hard drives for errors.
What anti virus?
Best to contact support with your order number.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945 Likes: 13
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,945 Likes: 13 |
I was getting CFS3.exe crashes too one time because my BIOS unexpectedly "hiccupped" (without me realizing it) and it took me a month or more to track it down to the reason for all the CFS3.exe crashes.
To test if your BIOS "hiccupped, reset your BIOS to "default" next time you boot up to fix any "hiccups" it may have had that you did not know about (as a suggestion).
CPU = i9 14900KS GPU = RTX 5080 Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 37 |
Thanks for the tips. I will get my computer checked. Who knows.....I just flew 4 complete missions (1915) over heavily-laden terrain (towns) crash-free. Thanks again for your replies re: this
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|