|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
I spent a few hours of development time on the new Simply War mission. It is going to be a slug fest between Blue HAWK and Patriot batteries against the Red SEAD and nuke-carrying MiG-21Bis who are going for the Blue Mozdok Airbase. The armor is going to battle it out on the ground with Combined Arms. Blue F-15Cs will do CAP, and A-10Cs get to fly around the hills out by Min-Vody to destroy that Red airbase.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Paradise has been up all day. Dagger and I got a win for Blue on Paradise West. Earlier today tc was in and targeting the Red supply aircraft (AN-26?). No wonder Red had such a poor showing at this hour.  WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
Anybody know if DCS supports 3440 x 1440 resolution? Looking at getting a new monitor.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 572
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 572 |
Yes it does, running it on an LG 34UC97. Works perfectly, no need to change anything outside of the game.
Get 50-60fps with everything maxed out on my 980.
[ CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.7gHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP | GPU: OCUK GTX 980 Reference | OS: Win10 ] [ H/W: LG 34UC97 | QPAD Mk-80 | Razer Deathadder | Logitech G27 + Nixim Mod | Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudders | TIR5 | Rift CV1 ]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
Bwahahahah that's right Crew. I wanted to see if it had an impact. I guess it did! I had just beaten it before that anti air experiment and wiped out every red vehicle except for the ones at the air bases in the west. I didn't mean for it to restart but I found out that triggered a restart (as it should). Lost all my progress, shucks. BUT it gave me the chance to start fresh and take out the supply planes at the start of the mission at least. Also tangled with the SA-15s to the west and took em out using some stuff I learned over the long weekend. Great times considering I was alone for 1.00025 playthroughs of the mission. Great job having the supply planes in there and being critical to success, you're a wizard with the ME.
Last edited by tomcat; 04/07/15 12:23 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
Oh one more thing - the OH-58s that are driving around at the start, do they have a role? They carry AGM-114s but the choppers just seem to get shredded and RTB from what I can see.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
BEANS -- check out the DCS Forum threads about 4k monitors. I'll include links later...
Hey tc!
I got to go to work!
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Bwahahahah that's right Crew. I wanted to see if it had an impact. I guess it did! I had just beaten it before that anti air experiment and wiped out every red vehicle except for the ones at the air bases in the west. I didn't mean for it to restart but I found out that triggered a restart (as it should). Lost all my progress, shucks. BUT it gave me the chance to start fresh and take out the supply planes at the start of the mission at least. Also tangled with the SA-15s to the west and took em out using some stuff I learned over the long weekend. Great times considering I was alone for 1.00025 playthroughs of the mission. Great job having the supply planes in there and being critical to success, you're a wizard with the ME. Last night I was in as a Tactical Commander and directed those LOCHs to attach the paradise sites and they went right about the business of shooting all their Hellfires at Red targets. The same can be done with Stealth Fighters and Reapers when you see those flying about. Yes, the supply cargo planes in Paradise bring in lots of resources to the two camps. There are a bunch of them, but they are flying back and forth so if one gets killed that will lessen the re-supply. I'd also beefed up the Blue armor because those stenken T-55's were killing most everything they came across. WC Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
I noticed that about the T-55s, they're dangerous as heck, so I focused on them with the A-10 then rolled the cavalry in to mop up. I engaged some with TOWs from a HMMWV and scored hits without return fire at 3 miles but it seems if you get in close they'll shred even armour. I should have thought to control air assets with CA but I hadn't done it before so it slipped my mind. Yeah I think I shot down 4 of the cargo planes. Started to chase on of the Yak-40s before seeing their high alt and remembering they're civil. I'll keep that ok mind about planes though, great idea!
Last edited by tomcat; 04/07/15 09:41 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Skoop Alert! The new Simply War mission is in the \Missions folder on Hollo Pointe. It has Client slots for 4x Blue A-10Cs & F-15Cs and MiG-21Bis (Nukes) and Su-25T (SEAD). I'm heading out for deployment until late April (vaca in Hawaii  ). Hollo Pointe admins can switch missions and such. WC Note to self: attack, not attach
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199 |
Cool, I have to Check it out.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4 |
Just started up DCS again about 2 months ago and only came back to Hollo Pointe servers this week. I forgot how great the missions are, and I think most can even be played solo!
Keep up the good work, you are making very varied missions with lots of variety in objectives and units!
But tonight... the server seems to be down? I'm off till Monday so this is my long weekend and was hoping to be playing till the wee hours of the morn.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
Sure can be played solo. I treat em like puzzles. That something has to be killed first for success and so on. Even the SAMs, I've noticed, are often placed in a way that if you are sneaky, can be killed. Assuming Crew does that on purpose and it's an example of the thought that goes into planning and executing mission design.
Last edited by tomcat; 04/10/15 12:43 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
It's 6 am in paradise in Lahaina! Waking up to the sound of waves on the beach.
Before I left yesterday I checked the server and it was hung on reloading Erl Sis Urasses -- I fixed it so hope all is well now. I'll check it in a minute with Teamviewer.
Thanks guys. Have fun. I will!
WC
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Arrg. It was down on the ol' Road Kill mission.
Dagger if it goes down again then post in here and one of the admins can reset it.
WC
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
Crew, is Road Kill the one you guys were playing when I first started doing MP a few years ago? Still remember my first Mav kill in MP, was a milestone seeing my practice had paid off when it was 'for real' (I practice single player so I can do better in MP). I was just thinking the other day I'd like to revisit it again if so, didn't know it was still in the rotation.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Hey tc Could well be. Road Kill goes way back to LOMAC days and it was one of the first that got made for DCS.
LOOKS LIKE THE server is running well. I just checked it and saw Dagger in there. Have fun!
WC
"Your ballroom days are over, baby"Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
I finally got a new monitor. Grabbed an LG 34UM95 while it was on sale on Amazon. I love DCS in 3440 x 1440!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|