SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 51 of 442 1 2 … 49 50 51 52 53 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Maybe you should stop watching animated films?



The Jedi Master
That's what I was thinking! smile

It would be like someone saying they like war films but they hate "Patton", "The Blue Max", "Tora, Tora, Tora" and "Saving Private Ryan".


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Well, I'd say it's more like saying they like them but then they saw Pearl Harbor and Fury and Flyboys and Capt Corelli's Mandolin...in that case, stop watching NEW war films.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
the horse whisperer.


Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Unbroken.

I enjoyed it. There were a few slightly over dramatic parts, but on the whole I think Jolie did a credible job as a director. The acting was pretty decent - certainly no real weak links. If you aren't up to paying full price for a movie ticket it is worth a rental when it comes to Netflix/DVD.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
G
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
I saw a while ago a German/Danish/Swedish co-production TV-Show called "Bron|Broen", and I really enjoyed it.

When I realized that FX created an adaptation of that TV-Show for the US market called "The Bridge", I saw it too.

Despite some shortcuts and liberties taken in relation to the original story, it remained a first season that I enjoyed looking at.


Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
Did you watch the 2nd season of Bron/Broen?

I passed on The Bridge.

I don't care for Hollywood copycat shows.

I just discover a show called Danger 5.

Now if I can find episodes of the first season from 2011 and 2012.

This is funny!

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,814
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,814
"Selma" was the last movie. Two things in particular were excellent: the relationship between President Johnson and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and the visibility of white Americans participating in the non-violent marches and protests, arm-in-arm with their fellow black Americans, being beaten and even murdered by the white segregationists. Some people are ignorant about the role of ordinary progressive white American citizens in the civil rights movement of the Sixties.

I also thought the actor that played Governor George C. Wallace of Alabama made him seem more evil than he probably was in real life. George Wallace was an opportunist. Deep down, he didn't hold the senseless hatred for black Americans that so many in the South did, but he know the environment he was in and he wanted power. So he became an actor, almost a caricature of the Southern White segregationist. He confessed as much before he died.


Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
C
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
American Sniper....excellent movie!


i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard


Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
American Sniper. Did we all see the same movie? I struggled to see it through,sorry.

John Wick http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/john_wick/ Really enjoyable,if a little predictable.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
"Mudd's Women" from the first season of ST:TOS. Roger Carmel was indeed very good as Harvey Mudd.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
We watched Third Person, I figured with all these big names it would have to be good, but I should have known since I never saw a trailer about it.

Liam Neeson, Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Adrien Brody, Kim Basinger & James Franco.

about 3 couples relationships in NYC, France and Rome... So confusing and just stupid.

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
The Sentinel (2006)

This could had been a Jack Bauer "24" movie!!

I had 3 problems with the casting:

Michael Douglas is too old to be a Secret Service agent assigned to the Presidential Protective Division.

He was 61 when this movie was made.

If he entered the Secret Service when he was younger, he would have already been put on desk duty and not still guarding the President.

Eva Longoria is too short to be a Secret Service field agent especially one assigned to the Presidential Protective Division.

She is only 5 feet 2 inches.

David Rasche aka Sledge Hammer played the President and every time he appears on screen, I just couldn't see him as the President.

2.5/5

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
I am watching The Hill, 1965 with Sean Connery.

I am only 20 minutes in and I must say that this is a very difficult movie to watch!

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
P
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger
Senior Member
sometime mudslinger
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,010
Ah,yes, Harry Andrews being a psychopathic bully.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
The oldest film I've seen with Connery is "The Longest Day" which came out in 1960.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,682
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,682
The Eichmann Show, last night on BBC2.

Hard hitting docu-drama about the production team which set up and televised the 'trial of the century'. Recommended.


'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------



Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
The oldest film I've seen with Connery is "The Longest Day" which came out in 1960.

For me it is Hell Drivers from 1957 and it is still not his first film or TV role
Well worth seeing if you get the chance, a lot of aspiring actors in this that make it big in the film industry.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051713/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_84


Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,552
I watched Connery's The Offence -1972- a month ago.

Another difficult film to watch.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Alicatt
For me it is Hell Drivers from 1957 and it is still not his first film or TV role
Well worth seeing if you get the chance, a lot of aspiring actors in this that make it big in the film industry.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051713/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_84


I noticed Patrick McGoohan was in the film. I had no idea who he was until I saw "Braveheart" in the theatre. Excellent actor.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,682
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,682
In Britain, we probably best remember McGoohan in the cult sixties TV series as Number 6 in The Prisoner.

Depends on how old one is...

He has also been 'sent down' several times by Columbo. wink


'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------



Page 51 of 442 1 2 … 49 50 51 52 53 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,849 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1