SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4054783 12/23/14 03:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
Today, I've been having an issue that I haven't seen before with my HOTAS. When I try to use it every button press repeats itself several times in the short time I press the button. The cable connecting the units seems to be fine, and the analogs are fine, it's just the buttons. Is this a hardware issue, or a software/driver issue? If there's a thread where this has been addressed point me to it.

Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
Had a similar issue a few days ago, unplugged USB, reseated connecting cord, plugged it back in and restarted the sim and it went away..no idea what the cause was


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
How odd. Also, after I restarted my computer it seemed to work again. I just hope my stick isn't going bad. I don't have the money at the moment for a new HOTAS.

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
The problem is back and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. If anyone knows why it's doing this I would really appreciate some advice. It's getting very frustrating.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 107
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 107
Curious but did you try a USB 2.0 as opposed to 3.0 slot? I found some legacy controllers work better under USB 2.0. Just a suggestion.

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
Yeah, it's in a 2.0, I think. It's not blue.
I'm thinking it's a software issue though, but I've tried reinstalling the software several times.
I'm wondering if I have to uninstall the driver.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,247 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1