When he suggested that could happen and then they said they would not talk about a roadmap until December it made me wonder if 1C has already given them notice that the project won't be funded past 2014 and maybe they were just getting their excuses in place as to why it was cancelled because of course like everything else they will blame the customer and not their design choices.
Score has dropped down to 5.9 now, I hope it falls further.
Why?
Because the game does not deserve a score that high.
Perhaps some are so upset with either the game or it's owner/programmers that they do not want it to succeed?
Who can honestly say. But I can't help but wonder, "IF" the game was as close to what everyone wanted in it, WHAT would there be to complain about? So is it the game or is it who made it?
Perhaps some are so upset with either the game or it's owner/programmers that they do not want it to succeed?
Who can honestly say. But I can't help but wonder, "IF" the game was as close to what everyone wanted in it, WHAT would there be to complain about? So is it the game or is it who made it?
Chief
The game is bad in its current state in more ways than it is good. The shady tactics used by the developers and the bait and switch pulled on the US market vs Russian is just the icing on the poo poo cake.
Perhaps some are so upset with either the game or it's owner/programmers that they do not want it to succeed?
Who can honestly say. But I can't help but wonder, "IF" the game was as close to what everyone wanted in it, WHAT would there be to complain about? So is it the game or is it who made it?
Chief
It's the game Chief, not the owners/programmers , although they did not do themselves any favors at all with the attitude that was displayed since the release of the SP system and the uproar that ensued, and some of the attitude that continues even today.
There are too many, like myself, that were so supportive and hopeful of the title all throughout early access from day 1, that have since left it now. Heck I love ROF, and still will continue to fly it, so no I have not ill will nor hatred to the developers. But I won't touch BOS , and most likely won't touch anything else from them if this is their idea of a combat flight sim.
And there are many more like myself...
Which reminds me, I keep meaning to register and score it on Metacritic.
I have to say that I've seen lots of good folks leave the BoS forum over the last few months that were very positive supporters of BoS since Day 1 that finally became disillusioned and when they spoke up were hammered by the mods and devs. Pretty soon the devs won't have anybody left to hate.
But its the game, not the devs (to answer Chief Red Cloud's question). If the game were fixed all would smooth out. I've been watching the BoS forum and the new guys are asking the same questions about the game with the same complaints and getting an icy reception at best. I don't think the customer profiles are going to change over time, it will have to be BoS that changes for it to survive and I don't know if Loft is capable of change.
Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up! Can you say "JABO!"
It seemed that, even with the early controversy over the first shock, limited access, the game was progressing fairly well.
But the developer meltdown over criticism of the game as new information surfaced and their total blow off of many original supporters after game release has poisoned the well for me.
Now they are banning well respected longtime members and contributors of the original IL2 community on their forums and even seem to be intent on stifling discussion on other forums.
I was an early supporter, withdrew said support but was still prepared to re purchase after release until the developers turned on early investors and are stifling any criticism on their forums.
Just looked through the Metacritic reviews and only recognized 3 or 4 names that rated the game highly from either the BoS forum or here.Who are the others who say they have flown sims since the year dot ?? I have never heard of them before or seen a post of theirs any where.
Paul.
Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi, Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri; Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d, Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed. Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad. Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau, O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Just looked through the Metacritic reviews and only recognized 3 or 4 names that rated the game highly from either the BoS forum or here.Who are the others who say they have flown sims since the year dot ?? I have never heard of them before or seen a post of theirs any where.
Paul.
Its already been revealed that enticements and incentives were given to members to post positive comments on internet forums. Its not a stretch to think the same people are creating accounts on Metacritic to boost its score. I've wondered about the Steam site for BoS too. On Steam you can only review a game if its in your library yet a few people who have posted reviews there were already founders on the official site months before it went live on Steam yet they have posted reviews. We've been told we can't register our keys bought on the official site on Steam so were those people posting positive reviews given keys so they could post positive reviews?
I find funny how some believe that supporting this crap will make them change in the future, too silly. Whoever support this game now, will support this business. I believe I gave a fair score, but my score was sorely to counter balance those ludicrous 10. Under my point of view the actual bare 6 average is more than enough for what they have done.
How can you give it a 9 when you've never played it?
Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi Windows 10 Pro 64bit Intel I7 14700k 32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb 2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb 1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU ______________________________________________________
Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"
It seemed that, even with the early controversy over the first shock, limited access, the game was progressing fairly well.
But the developer meltdown over criticism of the game as new information surfaced and their total blow off of many original supporters after game release has poisoned the well for me.
Now they are banning well respected longtime members and contributors of the original IL2 community on their forums and even seem to be intent on stifling discussion on other forums.
I was an early supporter, withdrew said support but was still prepared to re purchase after release until the developers turned on early investors and are stifling any criticism on their forums. BOS may survive but not with my money.
The dustup over the limited early access was IMO somewhat overblown because there were sound reasons for it. We all knew, or most of us knew, that when the time came it would be opened up to full access. It pales in comparison to the two major later decisions that took what could have been the most successful WWII sim launch in over a decade and turned it into what we have today with BoS. Even though in terms of a functioning product I still think that BoS has been the best release of a WWII sim in over a decade.. in it's subsequent implementation it falls short in the most important aspect of any sim release no matter how well it works.. and that is overall customer satisfaction.
IMO.. the fact that the locks and the unlocks are the major issues for most of the simmers.. even the less than mind blowing campaign would be tolerable if not for these things, and my own experiences with the sim still prompt me to feel that in spite of what it lacks.. it still has enough good things in it to qualify as a decent sim and survive.
Originally Posted By: Revvin
Originally Posted By: Simbo 123 SQDN
Just looked through the Metacritic reviews and only recognized 3 or 4 names that rated the game highly from either the BoS forum or here.Who are the others who say they have flown sims since the year dot ?? I have never heard of them before or seen a post of theirs any where. Paul.
Its already been revealed that enticements and incentives were given to members to post positive comments on internet forums. Its not a stretch to think the same people are creating accounts on Metacritic to boost its score. I've wondered about the Steam site for BoS too. On Steam you can only review a game if its in your library yet a few people who have posted reviews there were already founders on the official site months before it went live on Steam yet they have posted reviews. We've been told we can't register our keys bought on the official site on Steam so were those people posting positive reviews given keys so they could post positive reviews?
There are a lot of 0-3 posts that I don't recognize.. and I have been around here a long time as you well know so that cuts both ways. There are also several reviews from the same person.. guaranteed. That probably cuts both ways too but I know that there are at least 4 negative reviews by one person in particular who has been critical of BoS since it was announced. From my understanding of that incident there were two people who were "incentivised" for lack of a better term ... just two. This has mushroomed into something akin to a large group of paid ringers.. From my understanding that is not how it was. Mind you, I am not trying to pick a fight with you, or anyone else in this thread over this so please do not jump down my throat. I'm just saying. As for stifling discussion on other boards.. I don't understand how "they" would do that.. It seems highly unlikely to occur... that that would even be possible.. SHQ is a prime case in point. I have said this on more than one occasion so I won't belabor it much again in this thread .. and I can primarily speak solely for myself, but the goal was never to stifle criticism but to try to ward off a lot of the drama and rancor that the tone of much of the criticism engendered on the BoS forums. If much of the criticisms had been expressed in a different manner a lot of the ensuing events would not have happened. Anyone can go to the BoS forum right now .. and even find older threads that were very critical of BoS and justifiably so. For the most part, it was mainly when the threads or the dialog that followed got personal, either directed at thread participants or the developers themselves that things got out of hand.
Having said all that.. I hope that this sim survives this first year. I think that it still has the potential to be and indeed it should be at this very moment a much much better and much more positively received product, and it would have been save for some poor judgement on the part of it's developers.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
When developers get caught paying people to post positives, and threats of closing the game if people don't give scores on meta, they deserve the jabs they got.
When they call hardcore simmers dumb, they deserve another jab.
When they implement bad ideas, that 90% of the people don't like then say they won't even think of changing it, they deserve the ridicule.