SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3989811 08/02/14 07:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 320
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 320
Time to get a new game for fall. From a list of "the 12 best FPS in computer gaming" I came across Day of Defeat. This came out a while ago and I was wondering if it is fun to play, is it accurate as far as weapon simulations, and most importantly, are people still playing this ? Nothing worse than buying a game and going onto the servers and there is no one to play with...although I do get shot a lot less !!

Any advice ?

Thanks,
Tracy

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Tracy #3989881 08/02/14 11:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
It's Counter Strike with a WW2 skin. I don't like it.

Tracy #3989923 08/03/14 02:40 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pretty much as Mace says. Nothing really "realistic" about it. Like Mace said its basically Counter Strike with a WW2 theme. I enjoyed it(the Source version)but for what it is. Its just a team death match and CTF type simple mp shooter.

The hit boxes could be downright obnoxious sometimes where it seems your shooting noise and nothing more as a full clip that seems like should have hit does nothing and you get sniped with one shot from some dude hiding across the map.

Probably my favorite class to play is the machine gunner as it can be setup in prone position or windows. So it became fun to rush out once the round starts, set up the mg, then immediately lay down fire where you know all the snipers like to go and actually suppress them to let your guys move up.

But in a nutshell its a simplistic tdm/ctf mp shooter lite.


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Tracy #3991437 08/06/14 01:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 320
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 320
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I will pass on this one. I am kind of looking at Borderlands or Mass Effect. I am not very comfortable with 3rd person shooters but I think that is where the gaming industry is headed. You just don't see many FPS games out there anymore, although there are some new releases Far Cry 4, Titanfall, and the latest Crysis game to name a few.

Tracy

Tracy #3991601 08/06/14 12:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Borderlands is a FPS. Both Borderlands 1 and 2 and the Mass Effects are great.

Tracy #3991777 08/06/14 05:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 370
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 370
Originally Posted By: Tracy
You just don't see many FPS games out there anymore....

Tracy


You can't be serious.....everything is FPS!!!!


I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some very unreasonable things...
Tracy #3991912 08/07/14 12:50 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Spend your money on something else. There's much better mp shooters out there and single player games.


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Tracy #3992149 08/07/14 03:17 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
G
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
Move, Strike, Protect
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,197
Of course it all depends upon your style of MP gaming. I like COD ghosts because their servers offers different types of "realism" as opposed to Battlefield 4 that I find too unrealistic.

What type of MP gaming do you like?


Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,131 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1