|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 432
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 432 |
Does anyone thought about integrating SAM simulator into DCS engine?
Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943 |
If I recall correctly the 2 parties did have brief discussions about it. But they didn't get further than the initial discussions.
Nate
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180 |
Yeah. IIRC Hpasp said he wasn't comfortable with it being part of payware. And besides, considering the attention given to ED's own modules, I suspect it'd be broken beyond all use within one or two updates, and not be repaired for years.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
|
|
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214 |
It is a shame this didn't go through. It'd be wonderful to have SAMsim's detail integrated into a world which has the ability to fly SEAD missions.
IMHO, there could be the free SAMSIM and a payware DCS integration module... I'd certainly be happy to pay for that (and I don't see it diminishing the freeware version).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Fully agree with the first part. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
Opinionated Aussie Bloke Senior Member
|
|
Opinionated Aussie Bloke Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896 |
I have to say that this is a sorely needed component to DCS.
At the moment sam sites are (whilst still lethal) uninspiring to there detection emissions.
Fighterops...
The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.
Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893 |
I would suggest approaching ED again. They would probably want an NDA to be signed; I don't know whether they would require a DCS SAM addon to be payware though - I think they just want to protect their IP  Fully agree with the first part.
-- 44th VFW
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|