SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 75 of 88 1 2 … 73 74 75 76 77 … 87 88
Dervish #3985701 07/25/14 12:33 AM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
LOL, yes sir!










Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Deacon211 #3985720 07/25/14 01:28 AM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,254
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,254
Originally Posted By: Deacon211


The skins John Terrell has done for Warwick Carter's T-6G are works of art. They've got to be some of the most eye catching repaints I've ever seen.

Is that the JF BoB pack Hurri? It's pretty nice too, just a shame that such a historically important aircraft has been neglected by FS developers. Don't even get me started on the Bf109.

I also spy some Real Air Spitfires. Clearly a man of exquisite taste salute

Dervish #3985821 07/25/14 09:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
Correct in all respects, sir.

I love the Spit but agree that the Hurri gets its historically short end of the stick in FSX.

The Real Air Spits are a nice package for the late model and have aged well. The T-6 I've only discovered lately but is payware quality freeware no doubt.

Dervish #3985836 07/25/14 10:40 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 570
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 570
cool shots!!

Dervish #3985838 07/25/14 10:51 AM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,254
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,254
It's hard to believe the RealAir Spitfire in its current incarnation is SIX years old now. It still knocks the socks off just about every other FSX Warbird out there except for the Accu-Sim stuff.

Just goes to show how good Sean Maloney and Rob Young are at their craft, and how good value the RealAir stuff is.

The T-6G is an absolute gem of a freeware warbird, and with John Terrell's amazing repaints is without a doubt payware quality, and by that I mean good payware quality, not the run of the mill stuff that gets churned out.

NineLives #3985989 07/25/14 06:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790


Originally Posted By: NineLives
Detcord I agree the AXE forums are full of people complaining of CTDs because their systems cannot cope with all the detail being loaded and it's a case of finding the sweet spot.
I am reading that the 2GB GTX760 will allow better texture loading than my current 1GB GTX560 but don't want to waste my money. I no longer get CTDs but have had to compromise slightly on detail to do it.
I run FSX at 1920x1080P with a 4670K and 8GB of RAM. What do you think?


Don't waste your money on anything in the 7 series like I did (780) mate. You're better off with a �250-300 single 2GB 680 to be honest. The next generation of GPU's that utilize the Pascal Architecture are right around the corner, so I wouldn't be to eager to pick up anything as expensive as a 760 or above. Especially when it's going to be totally blown out of the water in a year or so.

EDIT - Besides, you're better off OC'ing for better performance in FSX. Did wonders for me.

Last edited by DetCord; 07/25/14 06:20 PM.

Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
Dervish #3986058 07/25/14 09:20 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,453
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,453
Yes but the 760 2GB @ 1.1GHz is only �159 now. I read that the 2GB will load textures far better than my 1GB and allow me to increase detail etc. But I take your point about the new ones out soon but as FSX is more CPU biased I doubt there would be a benefit.

Dervish #3986188 07/26/14 04:42 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Well if it's cheap mate then get it. But personally, I'm not touching any GPU's until the new Nvidia Pascals are out.

EDIT - The GPU isn't going to make a difference in FSX anyway.

Last edited by DetCord; 07/26/14 05:43 AM.

Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
Dervish #3987043 07/28/14 09:38 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 31
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 31
I've lurked here for years, replying a handful of times, but never uploaded a screenshot before. I tend to not think about it when flying. I think i'll fix that now. smile Here I am taking Aerosoft's BeaverX for a spin somewhere over Texas. Addons: GEX USA/Rex Essentials+. No editing except for some cropping due to running a Triple Monitor setup. Hi guys! :P


Dervish #3987192 07/28/14 03:11 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
Nice shot, Billyote!

Here is a fictitious paint scheme for a fictitious airline I made up for Milton Shupe's freeware Dash 7. All the paint schemes the Dash 7 comes with are for specific areas I will most likely hardly ever fly in.


Last edited by malibu43; 07/28/14 03:12 PM.

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
Dervish #3987639 07/29/14 09:38 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 31
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 31
Just downloaded Ant's T-28A. Can't wait to take it for a spin. Stupid 12hr nightshifts getting in the way of flying time.


Deacon211 #3987973 07/29/14 07:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Originally Posted By: Deacon211
LOL, yes sir!



Deac, are those textures in 4K?


Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
Dervish #3988108 07/30/14 12:34 AM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
I don't think so. I never changed my cfg to allow higher res to keep the FPS up. Warbirdsim has some awesome paint jobs with nice sharp panel lines on the paint kit. I love the A2A Mustang and how it flies, but the WBS 51 sometimes looks better and has some cool individual features like field mod mirrors, different antennas, etc.

Deacon211 #3988493 07/30/14 07:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Originally Posted By: Deacon211
I don't think so. I never changed my cfg to allow higher res to keep the FPS up. Warbirdsim has some awesome paint jobs with nice sharp panel lines on the paint kit. I love the A2A Mustang and how it flies, but the WBS 51 sometimes looks better and has some cool individual features like field mod mirrors, different antennas, etc.


I just downloaded the paint kits. They're in 2K format.


Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
DetCord #3988594 07/30/14 11:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
Originally Posted By: DetCord
Originally Posted By: Deacon211
I don't think so. I never changed my cfg to allow higher res to keep the FPS up. Warbirdsim has some awesome paint jobs with nice sharp panel lines on the paint kit. I love the A2A Mustang and how it flies, but the WBS 51 sometimes looks better and has some cool individual features like field mod mirrors, different antennas, etc.


I just downloaded the paint kits. They're in 2K format.


Have you checked out Jankees paints? He has done some beauty's for both A2A and WBS.

Deacon211 #3988933 07/31/14 04:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Originally Posted By: Deacon211
Originally Posted By: DetCord
Originally Posted By: Deacon211
I don't think so. I never changed my cfg to allow higher res to keep the FPS up. Warbirdsim has some awesome paint jobs with nice sharp panel lines on the paint kit. I love the A2A Mustang and how it flies, but the WBS 51 sometimes looks better and has some cool individual features like field mod mirrors, different antennas, etc.


I just downloaded the paint kits. They're in 2K format.


Have you checked out Jankees paints? He has done some beauty's for both A2A and WBS.


Don't have the addon, so there isn't much point. I just wanted to see the texture sizes.


Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
Dervish #3989165 08/01/14 02:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
Ah,

Well they are worth it and go on sale frequently. Nice planes.

Dervish #3989194 08/01/14 04:16 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 293
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 293
Great pictures guys, always inspiring thumbsup

A few from me











Dervish #3989223 08/01/14 07:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 570
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 570
cool shots!! copter

Dervish #3989239 08/01/14 10:01 AM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,254
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,254
Great pics!

What's the aircraft in the 4th pic? I'm wracking my brain to work out what it is but I'm at a loss!

Page 75 of 88 1 2 … 73 74 75 76 77 … 87 88

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,048 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1