SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3955527 05/19/14 04:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
More projects than sense!
Member
More projects than sense!
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
The engine gauges in the F-15 use 3 to 5 digit mechanical "odometer" style displays. They're basically impossible to source in quantities less than 1,000. A nice gal on IRC pointed me to Adafruit's lineup of inexpensive OLED displays. That resulted in the following:

Arduino driven fuel-flow proof of concept gauge:

http://www.f15sim.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/fuel-flow-gauge-test.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwEPE_N-0qY

The same mechanical configuration shown here will also work for the FTIT and RPM gauges I need to build. Not shown is the ultra-small air-core motor that will drive the needle pointer.

Each gauge will consist of a 75mm OLED display, an air-core motor, an L293D h-bridge chip (for the motor) and an Arduino Nano to run the show. The framework that holds all the components are 3D printed.

I got the Nanos in on Saturday and I'll post video & photos of the whole thing breadboarded out.

g.


Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887
Likes: 9
S3D GuRu
Hotshot
S3D GuRu
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887
Likes: 9
WOW that is uber cool.. I wish I had your electronic knowledge.. I am attempting again to well at least I am stirring the pot to try and get at least the front Center Console of a F16 Pit..

I have come across some real gems..Wish me luck.. Oh 1 thing I did find is the company that makes a set of "Real" Aces II ejection Seat Cushions.. they also have for other planes if you want a look let me know I can PM you the link..


Intel Ultra 265K 5.5GHZ / Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Elite / MSI 4070Ti Ventus 12GB / Thermalright Frozen Notte RGB AIO / SoundBlaster Z SoundCard / Corsair Vengance 6400MT 64GB Ram / Buttkicker Simulation / HP Reverb G2 / Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Games / Crucial 1TB M.2 Win 11 Pro 23H2 /
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
More projects than sense!
Member
More projects than sense!
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
Thanks. When I've got the design nailed down I'll be publishing the designs & part files so people can build their own.

Sure, send me the link. I'm curious to see what they've got.

g.


Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
what a sec... People still use IRC?


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
More projects than sense!
Member
More projects than sense!
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
Yep. biggrin

In this particular case, the user in question was Hily and she was in the #sparkfun IRC channel. biggrin

g.


Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,470 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1