SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3886433 12/30/13 08:07 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 65
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 65
I recently started a new campaign flying SE-5as for AFC-2 Squadron stationed at Baizieux. My first sortie was an uneventful front line patrol which occurred December 12th 1917. My next sortie was cancelled due to bad weather, this was December 30th 1917. My third sortie occurred on February 3rd 1918 where I shot down a Fokker Dr.1. My fourth sortie occurred on March 23rd 1918 from the aerodrome at Savy. So my questions are these:

Is it historically accurate that a pilot/squadron can be grounded for a little over two months due to bad weather?

Is it historically accurate that a pilot/squadrons fly sorties close to two months apart from each other?

Shouldn't I somehow have been informed that my squadron changed aerodromes?

Three months have passed since I submitted my first claim. That claim is still pending. How long does it take for a decision to be made on claims?

I fly with everything set to historical. Although AFC-2 is not exactly the most active of squadrons, I find it hard to believe that a squadron/pilot would have so much down time while a war is waging around them. Is this normal or not?

Last edited by Seamus; 12/30/13 08:07 PM.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,560
Likes: 17
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,560
Likes: 17
Originally Posted By: Seamus
I recently started a new campaign flying SE-5as for AFC-2 Squadron stationed at Baizieux. My first sortie was an uneventful front line patrol which occurred December 12th 1917. My next sortie was cancelled due to bad weather, this was December 30th 1917. My third sortie occurred on February 3rd 1918 where I shot down a Fokker Dr.1. My fourth sortie occurred on March 23rd 1918 from the aerodrome at Savy. So my questions are these:

Is it historically accurate that a pilot/squadron can be grounded for a little over two months due to bad weather?

Is it historically accurate that a pilot/squadrons fly sorties close to two months apart from each other?

Shouldn't I somehow have been informed that my squadron changed aerodromes?

Three months have passed since I submitted my first claim. That claim is still pending. How long does it take for a decision to be made on claims?

I fly with everything set to historical. Although AFC-2 is not exactly the most active of squadrons, I find it hard to believe that a squadron/pilot would have so much down time while a war is waging around them. Is this normal or not?


Are you flying QC inbetween?

Time carries on when you fly QC - I may implement a setting in workshops that freezes the day when you fly QC - will see how often users get confused by this.



So you should set up a separate pilot for QC and campaign you will then have correct mission frequency have to fly transfers to other airfields etc


HTH

WM


OBD Software
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 65
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 65
Did not know that QC affected the campaign when I have the flight log set to campaign only. This is most likely why I have such a time gap though. Thanks for setting me straight.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,560
Likes: 17
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,560
Likes: 17
Originally Posted By: Seamus
Did not know that QC affected the campaign when I have the flight log set to campaign only. This is most likely why I have such a time gap though. Thanks for setting me straight.


Yeah no problem - I will introduce a feature that will prevent time from advancing in QC when you are only 'logging campaign action' in workshops...hopefully in V1.9

HTH

WM


OBD Software

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,110 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1