SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
This is my first post post here so please excuse my dumbness.I am thinking of getting OFF but don't want to run into this problem.Since my C drive is filled up I have CFS3 and some other flight sims on my G drive.I tried to install the DPC Korea addon for CFS3 which I had on my old computers XP, and am now running Windows 7 ,on my new computer.
I found that the exe. file for DPC Korea defaults to the C drive, I tried everything to change the target path to my G drive with no luck ,so I had to uninstall the Korea add on.I don't want to buy OFF and then have the same thing happen,so my first question is would I have the same thing happen with OFF?
My other question is that I now see there is a new version of OFF not out yet, WOFF. Does this version replace OFF, Between Heaven and Hell?
My new computer ,which I had made for me is very fast and runs CFS3 and the other sims with all sliders maxed.
I have read about all the problems other's have had with their OFF install and don't want to run into these after I've spent money on OFF or the new WOFF.How stable is OFF? Ok thats it for now, sorry about how long this post has become, so if anyone has any answers I would be gratful. Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Hi Hurricane3;

OFF can be installed on any drive in your system. I have mine installed on my "E" (SSD) drive and CFS3 installed on my "C" drive and I have no problems as a result of this install.
I unfortunately know nothing about DPC Korea addon.

WOFF will be a new release replacing OFF. WOFF has been under development for some time and just went into Beta development mode but I don't expect it to release for some time. No release date has yet been hinted at.

This is a great time to buy OFF because of it's reduced price ($19.99 US) and if you buy OFF do not forget to also get "Hat in the Ring" for ($9.99 US). Hat in the Ring is a must have as it adds a tremendous amount of improvements. see the following link for details: OFF FAQ info

OFF with the latest patches and Hat in the Ring are very stable and I'm sure you will hear this from others who add their comments to this thread.

Do not forget to view the FAQ link above and you will surely have not problem with your install.

Hope this helps.


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 51
Thankyou so much Robert, for your reply you answerd my questions,I'll read the fac and probley get OFF and Hat in the Ring.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Hurricane3;

You won't regret it! It is an amazingly immersive sim with great AI.

Be sure you apply the mods after installing OFF before you apply Hat in the Ring. The order is very important to ensure you have a good install. Ready the FAQ very carefully!


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
You won't regret it! It is an amazingly immersive sim with great AI.

Amen to that! Welcome, Hurricane3!
If you follow the FAQ at www.overflandersfields.com about the correct install,
you will realise it is a very carefree sim.
And, as Robert said: extremely immersive if you fly a pilot carreer/campaign.
The rich choice of historically correct squadrons is amazing.

Pls send me a PM with your town, and I'll add you to our OFF Forum Pilots Maps".
Oh, and: new guy buys the drinks!
I'll have a red ale (always wanted to know how that tastes, since RAF_Louvert
ordered one from another newbie).

Last edited by Olham; 10/23/13 08:15 PM.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 431
Likes: 5
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 431
Likes: 5
I have both CFS3 and OFF on my D drive and it works without a hitch. As Olham says, make sure you follow the install instructions and you shouldn't have a problem.

OFF is very graphic intensive, and the "3" setting equals maxed out on CFS3 so you should be aware of that, it runs very nicely on Win 7. There is a high resolution switch in the Workshops page of the main menu that makes "your" plane graphics sharper, there are also a lot of realism choices that can be made there. It's a great sim....

Beard


More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Add my introduction to this thread.

LtCasey, I have been here while before, under a different nick, I think, but I can�t remember. Too long ago, was in 2009. A divorce and a babychild, with my new fiancee later, I�m back to OFF again. Great read and news about WOFF. Appreciated.

As all the others said, installation is a breeze, once you followed the instruction carefully, even HITR.

Thanks OBD.

So here is my question, and maybe I overread it, but,...How to adjust sensitivity of axis in CFS3?

p.s.: flying ROF also.

Last edited by LtCasey; 10/24/13 08:02 AM.

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,103 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1