|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335 |
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
I'll probably see this in the theatre even though I'm not a big fan of either Bullock or Clooney.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
There was a post about this flick on these forums a few days ago
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7,856
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7,856 |
+1 
Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru Veteran
|
|
Beat the Kobayashi Maru Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581 |
I'll probably see this in the theatre even though I'm not a big fan of either Bullock or Clooney. I'll see it at home. I like both actors, but not so much in scifi (other than Demolition Man for Sandra). So far I haven't seen enough about the movie to actually generate interest. All I've seen is that one "everything goes to hell" scene.
·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler ·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo · CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335 |
Its getting very good ratings so far.
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
I may see this tomorrow tonight. If I do I'll post my spoiler-free review.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
meh Veteran
|
|
meh Veteran
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984 |
I'll save you the ending. In the very end they try to save her with a tether gun but it comes up a foot short and while they are rewinding the gun to try again she takes her helmet off to prevent them from wasting too much time to save her so that they can get back and be saved themselves.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080 |
Anyone think it's worth seeing in IMAX 3D? I saw it's playing in Madison. Might be cool with all the space scenes.
Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,413
6079 Smith Member
|
|
6079 Smith Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,413 |
Sandra Bullock is so cute. 
Question everything!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
Until she opens her mouth
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru Veteran
|
|
Beat the Kobayashi Maru Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581 |
She's a cool chick, down to earth and not afraid to be funny like most hot women. Jesse James was an idiot. Shocker, I know.
·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler ·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo · CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943 |
I saw Gravity this afternoon. If you're going for story and story alone wait for DVD. I don't mean that as a bad thing because there is enough to keep your attention. The hero of the story isn't the two actors but the SFX and cinematography. The scenery is awe inspiring as they travel across the Earth. I don't know if they did the zero gravity scenes like they did for The Right Stuff or if it was all CGI, but it looked good while things float past the camera of the actors try to manage themselves in their environment. As far as waiting for DVD, I think it's a visual feast that deserves to be seen on the large screen. It really makes an impact of the enormity of space and the beauty of our planet. I don't think I'd get that same perspective on TV and for me it was worth the asking price of admission.
As I said, if story is your only concern (after all it's only a survival movie and how deep can that go?) you should probably wait. There were some panic inducing moments, acted well by Sandra. Clooney is his dry humour self, but makes a believable veteran astronaut. I wasn't disappointed, but I knew very little going in.
Sandra has got really really nice legs.
EDIT: re 3d. I wasn't too keen on paying the asking price for 3D so I decided on standard 4K resolution flat image. There were a few scenes you knew were especially shot for the 3D effect. Other times, seeing the flotsam entering and exiting the screen would add a lot to the effect and atmosphere. If the asking price isn't an issue I'd see it in 3D, though it's not mandatory to enjoy he flick.
Last edited by knightgames; 10/05/13 02:00 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,560
Tyrell Corporation Senior Member
|
|
Tyrell Corporation Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,560 |
Sandra has got really really nice legs. I truly understand! Wonderful girl! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646 |
Sandra has got really really nice legs.
Yes, and what a beautiful figure also! If you saw the film Miss Congeniality you know what I mean. I also like her attitude, she's an okay lady. I would not say no to her! My best regards, Kodiak.
I Want To Believe
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704 |
Out of ammo Out of energy Out of ideas Down to harsh language
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
I only watched "Miss Congeniality" because Michael Caine and William Shatner were in it.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704 |
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS GOOD!!! I'm drained after watching it. Mostly pretty realistic but a lot of the procedural stuff wasn't very close. (takes about four or five hours to get a space suit ready to use and the wearer needs help getting into it, etc) 9/10
Out of ammo Out of energy Out of ideas Down to harsh language
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335 |
It got $55mil on opening weekend. And Sandra is hot imo
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|