SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3834566 09/10/13 04:12 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
N
Hotshot
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335


Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

Navigator #3834568 09/10/13 04:20 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
I'll probably see this in the theatre even though I'm not a big fan of either Bullock or Clooney.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Navigator #3834635 09/10/13 09:10 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
There was a post about this flick on these forums a few days ago


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Navigator #3834887 09/10/13 07:04 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7,856
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7,856
Originally Posted By: Navigator


+1
cowboy


Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
PanzerMeyer #3834911 09/10/13 07:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I'll probably see this in the theatre even though I'm not a big fan of either Bullock or Clooney.


I'll see it at home. I like both actors, but not so much in scifi (other than Demolition Man for Sandra).
So far I haven't seen enough about the movie to actually generate interest. All I've seen is that one "everything goes to hell" scene.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Navigator #3845978 10/04/13 04:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
N
Hotshot
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
Its getting very good ratings so far.


Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Navigator #3845986 10/04/13 05:00 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
I may see this tomorrow tonight. If I do I'll post my spoiler-free review.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Navigator #3846005 10/04/13 05:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
I'll save you the ending. In the very end they try to save her with a tether gun but it comes up a foot short and while they are rewinding the gun to try again she takes her helmet off to prevent them from wasting too much time to save her so that they can get back and be saved themselves.

Navigator #3846011 10/04/13 05:33 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Lol Master.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Navigator #3846013 10/04/13 05:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
Anyone think it's worth seeing in IMAX 3D? I saw it's playing in Madison. Might be cool with all the space scenes.


Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
Navigator #3846029 10/04/13 06:03 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,413
C
6079 Smith
Member
6079 Smith
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,413
Sandra Bullock is so cute. yep


Question everything!
Navigator #3846139 10/04/13 10:51 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Until she opens her mouth


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Navigator #3846170 10/04/13 11:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
She's a cool chick, down to earth and not afraid to be funny like most hot women. Jesse James was an idiot. Shocker, I know.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Navigator #3846221 10/05/13 01:57 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
I saw Gravity this afternoon. If you're going for story and story alone wait for DVD. I don't mean that as a bad thing because there is enough to keep your attention. The hero of the story isn't the two actors but the SFX and cinematography. The scenery is awe inspiring as they travel across the Earth. I don't know if they did the zero gravity scenes like they did for The Right Stuff or if it was all CGI, but it looked good while things float past the camera of the actors try to manage themselves in their environment. As far as waiting for DVD, I think it's a visual feast that deserves to be seen on the large screen. It really makes an impact of the enormity of space and the beauty of our planet. I don't think I'd get that same perspective on TV and for me it was worth the asking price of admission.

As I said, if story is your only concern (after all it's only a survival movie and how deep can that go?) you should probably wait. There were some panic inducing moments, acted well by Sandra. Clooney is his dry humour self, but makes a believable veteran astronaut. I wasn't disappointed, but I knew very little going in.


Sandra has got really really nice legs.


EDIT: re 3d. I wasn't too keen on paying the asking price for 3D so I decided on standard 4K resolution flat image. There were a few scenes you knew were especially shot for the 3D effect. Other times, seeing the flotsam entering and exiting the screen would add a lot to the effect and atmosphere. If the asking price isn't an issue I'd see it in 3D, though it's not mandatory to enjoy he flick.

Last edited by knightgames; 10/05/13 02:00 AM.
knightgames #3846272 10/05/13 05:36 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,560
Tyrell Corporation
Senior Member
Tyrell Corporation
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,560
Originally Posted By: knightgames
Sandra has got really really nice legs.


I truly understand! Wonderful girl!



Domestic Robotics - www.DomesRO.com

knightgames #3846295 10/05/13 08:21 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
Originally Posted By: knightgames


Sandra has got really really nice legs.



Yes, and what a beautiful figure also!
If you saw the film Miss Congeniality you know what I mean.
I also like her attitude, she's an okay lady.
I would not say no to her!

My best regards, Kodiak.


I Want To Believe
Navigator #3846317 10/05/13 10:18 AM
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704


You're welcome.


Out of ammo
Out of energy
Out of ideas
Down to harsh language
Navigator #3846510 10/05/13 11:56 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
I only watched "Miss Congeniality" because Michael Caine and William Shatner were in it.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Navigator #3846596 10/06/13 04:36 AM
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,704
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS GOOD!!!
I'm drained after watching it. Mostly pretty realistic but a lot of the procedural stuff wasn't very close. (takes about four or five hours to get a space suit ready to use and the wearer needs help getting into it, etc)
9/10


Out of ammo
Out of energy
Out of ideas
Down to harsh language
Navigator #3846812 10/06/13 08:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
N
Hotshot
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
It got $55mil on opening weekend. And Sandra is hot imo


Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,731 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1