SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3815179 07/27/13 11:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Just watch this...




Simply stunning.

BKHZ_Furbs #3815203 07/27/13 11:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Cool stuff!

BKHZ_Furbs #3815205 07/28/13 12:13 AM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
I thought I might have lost interest in gaming because I have been away from it for quite some time, but this sim is awakening those old feelings! smile


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
BKHZ_Furbs #3815275 07/28/13 06:11 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
cool thumbsup


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
BKHZ_Furbs #3815297 07/28/13 12:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 117
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 117
That lighting demo is absolutely wonderful. Great attention to detail. I really have high hopes for this Sim..... More Morreeee!!!

BKHZ_Furbs #3815313 07/28/13 01:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Look at the ground one as well! The LOD transition is insane smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW_VyxGsMwA&feature=player_embedded


Formerly JG5_Emil
BKHZ_Furbs #3815326 07/28/13 02:07 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 352
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 352
Likes: 1
Thank you for the links, as a tanker, I have a warm fuzzy feeling now smile

BKHZ_Furbs #3815335 07/28/13 02:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
and Loft said 'maybe' in the future you will be able to crew them smile


Formerly JG5_Emil
BKHZ_Furbs #3815337 07/28/13 02:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 63
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 63
Saw these earlier and was very impressed-the future looks bright I think.

I hope some of the old timers join up

-can anyone remember the buzz pre-IL-2 when the beta was allocated-lottery style-

This place was alive with anticipation


'looks back fondly to 1999'


Above Us Only Sky
BKHZ_Furbs #3815338 07/28/13 02:33 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
I was one of those people Hunziker. I was still at uni when it was announced and didn't have a gaming rig. As soon as I got a job in 2001 I built my gaming rig for IL2 biggrin


Formerly JG5_Emil
ZG26_Emil #3815347 07/28/13 02:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 63
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 63
Flew alongside you chaps in the VEF wars.


Above Us Only Sky
ZG26_Emil #3815394 07/28/13 04:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 753
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 753
Originally Posted By: JG5_Emil
and Loft said 'maybe' in the future you will be able to crew them smile


Where have I heard that before?

BKHZ_Furbs #3815794 07/29/13 05:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
Yep these last few videos have sold me haha.


Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
BKHZ_Furbs #3816164 07/30/13 03:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
The lighting effects in this are pretty awesome.


My PC Specs:
Traitorous transistorized toad....Blithering blatherskite....Hopeless heap of tainted tin
BKHZ_Furbs #3816730 07/31/13 08:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672
Likes: 3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672
Likes: 3
I hope we get a lot of us IL-2 1946 guys to come over. Cliffs Of Dover was kind of a flop but I have a feeling that Battle Of Stalingrad will be a success. I think it will awaken those old feelings in people as it has with Letterboy1 smile

Last edited by Hackl; 07/31/13 08:14 PM.
BKHZ_Furbs #3816784 07/31/13 10:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
I have poor memories of 1946, I'm hopeful we get a more RoF angled player base smile


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Peally #3816793 07/31/13 10:39 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: Peally
I have poor memories of 1946, I'm hopeful we get a more RoF angled player base smile


Not sure why you'd say that. Its hard to find enough info on the offline player base, but the IL-2 1946 online player base was huge, atleast compared to ROF, where it was easy to find the mission types and flyer types that most floated your boat.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
BKHZ_Furbs #3817155 08/01/13 07:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I never got CoD but I've pre-ordered this!

Chivas #3817212 08/01/13 08:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: Peally
I have poor memories of 1946, I'm hopeful we get a more RoF angled player base smile


Not sure why you'd say that. Its hard to find enough info on the offline player base, but the IL-2 1946 online player base was huge, atleast compared to ROF, where it was easy to find the mission types and flyer types that most floated your boat.


I came into 1946 rather late in the game so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but even in all of the maximum realism servers it was a massive cluster of people ramming and shoulder shooting. There was no flow, just 60 random kids with joysticks in a gigantic furball. I'm sure I'd have different experiences with known players.

That's on top of 1946 having circus tracers, silly flight models, no real engine management, often comical damage modelling, terrible coop AI, etc. Not to be too negative though, I had a LOT of opinions on 1946 but despite all of what I perceived as giant flaws it was at its base a fun game to grab some friends and play. I'm over it now, I had my fun and there's better alternatives and the future looks bright.


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Peally #3817227 08/01/13 09:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Originally Posted By: Peally
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: Peally
I have poor memories of 1946, I'm hopeful we get a more RoF angled player base smile


Not sure why you'd say that. Its hard to find enough info on the offline player base, but the IL-2 1946 online player base was huge, atleast compared to ROF, where it was easy to find the mission types and flyer types that most floated your boat.


I came into 1946 rather late in the game so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but even in all of the maximum realism servers it was a massive cluster of people ramming and shoulder shooting. There was no flow, just 60 random kids with joysticks in a gigantic furball. I'm sure I'd have different experiences with known players.

That's on top of 1946 having circus tracers, silly flight models, no real engine management, often comical damage modelling, terrible coop AI, etc. Not to be too negative though, I had a LOT of opinions on 1946 but despite all of what I perceived as giant flaws it was at its base a fun game to grab some friends and play. I'm over it now, I had my fun and there's better alternatives and the future looks bright.


Most people I know gave up on IL2 once it went crazy with mods etc. IL2 in 2001/2 was brilliant in it's time (p39 vs G2) but it started getting funky after Forgotten battles and never really recovered in it's brilliance.


Formerly JG5_Emil
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,262 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1