|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
That was a bit of a disappointing end to eua-de-Persa last night. An AI Red T-80 drove under Blue FARP London, and the Blue team was not aware it was there. I'd taken a couple hours break for dinner and a movie (Ice Station Zebra) and got back as a Red GC and saw the T-80 so what the heck I rotated the turret around and blew the last remaining Armed Watchtower. Blue had just a handful of targets at the Red Camp left to destroy to win the mission but my shenanigans ended it surprisingly for all. Later today I'll post something over at DCS Forums about the problem of vehicles driving up under FARPs that are on hilly terrain. Wheel blasting a convoy - WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
even that being said WC we had 4 of us that was so intwined in the mission we refused to leave no matter how late until we saw the end. Poor Peally wanted so bad to come to the farp to aid in its defense but we kept telling him to go to the camp and lay waste to it only to be held up by a bunch of infantry and a 3 bomb bunker.
It is a good mission WC I love playing it. Your OSA or Tung to the south wasted at least 6 missles on my Huey and I never got a scratch... Those missiles were probably cost as much or more than the cost of one UH-1... LOL
Last edited by Molasses; 06/27/13 04:26 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Peally gave me some suggestions that he talked to you about, Mol. I will tweak it up a bit - prolly replace the bunker with an Ammo Dump that will explode Big Time when destroyed.  I'll see if relocating FARP London a little bit will get rid of the gap between it and the lower ground... That really sucked. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
Crew I should mention that the green dirt covered bunker I put one mav right through to kill. The white box looking one was the one that mavs wouldn't lock onto and took rockets + guns + Mk82. Either I got lucky or the bunkers have different damage resistance settings. All in all despite the issues it was probably the best, most tense play through of that mission that I've had. Sure I dropped an F-bomb to myself after we lost but that's a good sign that a mission is just the right difficulty  Rider told me to relieve the camp he was defending since he was dangerously low on ammo, Mol was being a badass in his Huey and said to screw the FARP and go for the camp, Warhog was ground commander and didn't want to tell me what to do. So many conflicting orders and mission concerns!
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Okay folks- time to have "that talk" again. This applies to everyone who flies in "Eno's Firehouse." Crew and I have VERY similar expectations- but I can't speak for him here... so I don't lump the Hollo Pointe server in this post but I suspect he'll be in line with most of it. I just finished reviewing the logs from last night and I'm so disgusted with what I saw I'm not even sure how to communicate it. Unfortunately my bantables were corrupt because I missed a = on one of the names so a few miscreants made it in the server who had no business being in there. As a result, it looks like it descended to an embarrassing Charlie Foxtrot. So- without going on a long rant... here are some important and enforced guidelines: 1) Team killing, whether consensual or otherwise, human or AI, is STRICTLY forbidden. Yes, I know- accidents happen. I think half a dozen guys hit the bantables.lua last night from what was VERY clearly not accidental. That brings my banned client tables to 54 users. 2) The belittling smack talk and excessive swearing over the global chat is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. We are all adults and know where that line between "spirited" and "abusive" is located. Respect your fellow enthusiast or take it elsewhere. This goes for sexually suggestive names as well- it isn't NEARLY as witty as you think it is. 3) The SimHQ Firehouse channel on TS3 is the Firehouse Channel. Yes, SimHQ is kind enough to host it for us but the few times I've been back in to play we do have a LOT of errant chatter in mission about everything under the sun- whether it's griping about F-35 or about any other thing not mission related. I am far from saying our server and its members are EXTREMELY format driven- but if you want to go in and chatter about whatever you want with your squad mates etc, then please come in- fly the server and stay in the SimHQ DCS World Channel. I'm going to keep it at 3. Let's call them "the Golden Rules." A number of regulars do have admin capabilities. Most typically won't go and change the missions etc- Mol has been the one taking responsibility for that in the past... a few others too when they get in mission and are by themselves flying at 3am- SLMOD has an autokick / autoban feature but I'm still dialing that in so I have it turned off in favour of mods in game evaluating case by case. TO USE SLMOD KICK do the following: enter chat window. Type -admin kick username TO USE SLMOD BAN do the following: enter chat window. Type -admin ban username Hit enter. There are a variety of different tools at your disposal. Click HERE to download the official SLMOD V7 manual.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
I'm amazed that there are enough players even playing DCS World online where you can have nutters that'll check if they're still banned to get in and cause havoc. I'm guilty of cussing and chatting over TS as well (can't use global chat often, too busy flying), but if anyone has any issues or kiddies in the area just let me know and I'll shut my trap. You won't hurt my feelings, I'm a big boy 
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
^^^ That's the thing about Teamspeak - I'd say most players use speakers so anyone in their house can hear what is being said. My wife has complained before, so I appreciate keeping the talk civil. At one time I complained to the SimHQ admins about TS chatter, but it is all up to us - the folks in the channel - to monitor it.
I'm with Eno on the rules. I especially am offended with nasty player names - server names, too - and those UIDs get banned on Hollo Pointe.
I'm not as tough as Eno is on the TK incidents - many are accidental. But I have seen stalkers out there - I get concerned when a new player gets up behind me or others like they want to formation fly, and I will contact them in chat to let them know my eye is on them. If I do see a TK then I'll let the person know it is not acceptable and that we do have plenty of H2H missions where they can have that kind of fun.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Peally- Believe me when I say that you're not even on the radar when I bring up such things- so as long as you just stay ahead of the curve I doubt you're going to be on the receiving end of any finger wagging.
On business related note:
AUTOUPDATE AVAILABLE for DCS WORLD! Please update your clients! (Not the 1.2.5 update... a lesser 1.2.4 update)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
Finally! Edit: Spoke too soon, this isn't the big update we're waiting on. From Wags: "For technical reasons we will be forced to push today's update to keep retail versions compatible with online versions. There are no content changes." Oh well, still good news 
Last edited by Peally; 06/27/13 06:46 PM.
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Quick overview of my missions available:
Welcome to the Suk: Two CA controlled ground forces converge on Sukhumi after dealing with AI powered blocking parties holding nearby airbases. Once the first airbase is retaken (by either side), local forces choose a side to support- If they're on your side, then you must protect those forces embedded in Sukhumi from the incoming enemy advance. If they're on the opposing side, your objective is to soften them up to prepare the city to be captured by your ground forces. A certain number of your ground forces must survive to accomplish the mission- so airpower is a critical element.
Full Throttle: Joint Operations. Basically a live fire training mission that, when sufficient clients are in theatre, can go into a full blown war scenario at any time. You have some warning to return to base and rearm / refuel... but the enemy is approaching fast. Ground commander slots exist on the blue side- and the forces commanded by blue GC grow exponentially once the red onslaught begins... Their objective is to overtake Senaki, and yours is to defend it at all costs.
Frank the Tanked V1: A target free environment for US aircraft to practice refuelling. Bits of eye candy exist to make the experience a bit more of a... well... experience- AI aircraft will join up with the tanker and refuel on occasion... you will be escorted throughout different areas by a variety of aircraft from different countries.
Frank the Tanked V2: I remembered to put Russia on Blue this time and through the venue has changed slightly (target areas), the concept is to give the various DCS and FC3 platforms a chance to practice without needing to worry about being shot down. Targets are located predominantly in coastal cities and towns- and damage to civilian structures will not be tolerated in abundance!
Donkey Kong 55: A capture the hill (not coincidentally almost dead center of grid DK55) mission pitting Russian ground forces against those of the US. As in prevailing military strategy, the battle is slightly lobsided but tends to balance towards the middle: US Airpower enjoys an advantage in this mission while Russian ground forces greatly outnumber their US counterparts. Combined Arms ground commanders take overall control of the air forces as well as the ground- directing them in a fashion that compliments his overall strategy.
Salt and Pepper: By request, a mission designed exclusively for P51 (Salt) and UH1 (Pepper) aircraft. The action takes place along the Highway made famous by Wrecking Crew. There are some convoys making their way up and down the highway that present lucrative targets- but some of them pack a punch. Cooperation between P51s and UH1s is critical.
Eastbound and Down: Abkhazian forces are massing along the border a short jaunt from Sochi Adler, where a small force of Russian troops and limited number of US aircraft are stationed. UH1s will be responsible for evacuating non-combat personnel to waiting convoys hiding in the valley to the east, while KA50s, SU25Ts and A-10s (in short supply) are tasked with buying them some time to delay the inevitable. Reinforcements for both sides exist but are some time away- and supporting US / Russian airpower outside of Sochi is a 30 minute flight away. Blue and Red Ground Commanders again play a leading role in this mission- cooperating with airpower to fulfil their strategies.
E-Day: A number of amphibious landings are occurring on the Georgia coastline. Advance parties have been landed to scope out the landing zones and if you can find them, you have a good idea of where the landings will take place. Prevent enemy ground forces from advancing to your nearby airfields otherwise you will have your hands full as they reinforce with cargo planes and fighter aircraft.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Donkey Kong 55: A capture the hill (not coincidentally almost dead center of grid DK55) mission pitting Russian ground forces against those of the US. As in prevailing military strategy, the battle is slightly lobsided but tends to balance towards the middle: US Airpower enjoys an advantage in this mission while Russian ground forces greatly outnumber their US counterparts. Combined Arms ground commanders take overall control of the air forces as well as the ground- directing them in a fashion that compliments his overall strategy. Nice list you've got going, Eno! The part that I bolded in blue ^^^ It's not possible for any GC in MP to control a/c ?? or did something change? I soo want this feature to work. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
More specifically, Ground Commanders are "in control" meaning in giving direction to the human aircraft positions. They're not managing AI aircraft at all though when that feature works it will allow me to add a wider variety of assets that's for sure.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449 |
cant get ts3 to work is it down
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor NVIDA Geforce GTX 970 16 GB memory SSD Capacity 256 GB windows 10 HD 64 bit joystick Saitek X52 PRO CYBORG X Kayboard Trac ir 4 DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
|
|
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827 |
Could be, says "Error Code: 111 Connection refused" on TS Viewer. You broke it Pete! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449 |
Could be, says "Error Code: 111 Connection refused" on TS Viewer. You broke it Pete! you know anymore ts servers I got ventrilo
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor NVIDA Geforce GTX 970 16 GB memory SSD Capacity 256 GB windows 10 HD 64 bit joystick Saitek X52 PRO CYBORG X Kayboard Trac ir 4 DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 162
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 162 |
I have been away far to long...
Mumble is nice by the way.
Last edited by Wild_Turkey; 06/28/13 05:10 PM.
i5 3570k ivy(4.5 OC), ASUS Maximus V Formula, 16gb GSkill RipJaws 2133mhz, 2xEVGA SuperClocked+ GTX 680 in SLI, 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD's(1 for OS, 1 for Games), Corsair H100 Watercooler,ASUS Xonar Phoebus SC, Windows 7 x64, Razer BlackShark BF3 Headset. CoolerMaster Cosmos II, XFX Pro 1250w. Samsung 46" LED TV(7100 series) ASUS VG278HE 27"144Hz, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Razer Nostromo, Razer Naga, Razer Deathstalker Ultimate.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
I have been away far to long...
Mumble is nice by the way. Yes you have turkey where have you been?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449 |
ok I be flying huey around 8pm,how we going to talk later as ts down I be in eno`s server temp or mace
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor NVIDA Geforce GTX 970 16 GB memory SSD Capacity 256 GB windows 10 HD 64 bit joystick Saitek X52 PRO CYBORG X Kayboard Trac ir 4 DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
|
|
|