|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10 |
Recently my 2.5 years old GTX 580 SuperClocked card from EVGA showed some weird behaviour with wite lines all over the screen plus it no longer booted to the monitor�s native resolution. Cleaning the card�s cooler and reinstalling several different driver sets didn�t help and testing the card in another perfectly working system still gave the same errors. Contacted EVGA and after a very brief e-mail convsersation (one day) was given a RMA ticket and asked to sent the card to the European EGVA central in Munich. Today I received the replacement, a GTX 680 card. Imagine my surprise! The whole process from first contact to EVGA support to receiving the replacement card took 8 days. That kind of support is outstanding and to be honest I didn�t expect that! Now I don�t know what to do with the "new" GTX 680 card as I got me a brandnew GTX 770 card already which won�t leave my main system anytime soon as it�s just that good! 
Time is the only luxury.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368 Likes: 19 |
That is excellent service and I know how you feel about getting a better product back.
I sent my 12 month old i5 laptop off for repair and they sent my a nice i7 one as replacement.
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Check out my Senior Member
|
|
Check out my Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462 |
Makes sense. Assuming a given company has it's quality control act together (ie, very low failure rate) it's easier to toss a new card to the 0.X % of users that have issue, rather than keep a stock pile of old hardware. Very good to hear though, as I just bought an EVGA GTX 660 SuperClocked myself 
Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 06/20/13 01:42 PM.
My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case Other Assets Deployed: HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
eVGA was awesome for me during my 8800 GPU infatuation,
Use one for PhysX
GTX 770 = 680 GK104-425
You ******* COULD ********** Flash your 680 to a 770 if you google around.
Last edited by SkateZilla; 06/20/13 02:18 PM.
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10 |
A GTX 680 would probably be overkill just for PhysX right now. Not worth the extra power consumption imo. GTX 770 = 680 GK104-425
You ******* COULD ********** Flash your 680 to a 770 if you google around.
Heard about that before, but it�s just a new card ID after that flash. Doubt a stock 680 can run those higher VRAM and GPU clockspeeds of the newer 770 cards?! And then there is always MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision to overclock your 680 to 770 specs without the risk of flashing a bios.  Right now I�m running this new EVGA GTX 770 card. Not worth the upgrade if you own a GTX 680 card already but it is giving me quite a boost compared to my old GTX 580. Plus it so runs so much cooler and quieter under load!
Time is the only luxury.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
keep it as a backup. pretty much what my 8800's do
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,230 Likes: 23
Donkeystrength Proponent Hotshot
|
|
Donkeystrength Proponent Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,230 Likes: 23 |
There was a point where EVGA used some Sacon capacitors on Mobos and video cards and their failure rate was astronomical. I had a whole set of caps blow on the video card to the point where it only had half the install number.
Silent enim legēs inter arma.
Cave canem, te necet lingendo.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Entil'zha Sierra Hotel
|
|
Entil'zha Sierra Hotel
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716 |
 Right now I�m running this new EVGA GTX 770 card. Not worth the upgrade if you own a GTX 680 card already but it is giving me quite a boost compared to my old GTX 580. Plus it so runs so much cooler and quieter under load! I have a 570, so the 770 is on my list. I just need a job so I can PAY for it.  The Jedi Master
The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 897
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 897 |
That is excellent service and I know how you feel about getting a better product back. I sent my 12 month old i5 laptop off for repair and they sent my a nice i7 one as replacement. I agree with you Chucky. Here is every graphics card I've ever owned. The only card that ever failed on me was entirely and obviously my fault, and they replaced it anyway. Wouldn't buy from anyone else. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173 |
Wish I had gotten similar. Got two GTX 560tis that were defective out of the box and they best they could do was give me a refurbished card. Of course I'd have to pay $15-20 to ship it. I can understand getting a refurbished card if your video card died after a year or more, but for a card that had its PCI-E connector cracked out of the box you would think they could give you a new card. I did the returns through Amazon instead and finally got a working card.
With my GTX670 I went with MSI as EVGA's policies and extra price (they are about $20-30 more) are not worth the trouble.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|