SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3766519 04/12/13 02:15 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
Steam Pre-Order with early access to the beta.

Not too bad for a beta.
I like the new UI.
I'm still not sure how I feel about the rank system and the perks.
AI is still tough, and will slip through your lines. I noticed they're effective use of mortars now.

Anyone else ?

Last edited by Apocalypse31; 04/12/13 11:20 AM.

Rangers Lead the Way
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Apocalypse31 #3766937 04/12/13 10:02 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
I agree the mortars are extremely effective. Given the option I would have the designers tune done the effective of the 81mm mortars on structures. It seems like my dug in machinegun emplacements can only withstand a few hits before they are destroyed. I would think that anyone in a slit trench would be largely unaffected by small caliber indirect except for a direct hit. I would think the ideal way to remove entrenched troops would be through either airburst artillery or flamethrowers.

I think that the close combat series modeled the effect of various sized mortar rounds very well. I would love to see a realism mod for COH2 that attempts to do what close combat did but in the COH2 engine.


STORM6
DUSTOFF16
beagleboy03 #3767012 04/13/13 01:20 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
Originally Posted By: beagleboy03
I would love to see a realism mod for COH2 that attempts to do what close combat did but in the COH2 engine.


Story of my life, man


Rangers Lead the Way

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,995 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1