SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3746709 03/07/13 04:10 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
Basically I have to salvage my Steam download, as it made it to 80% then decided to start over. I found steps to do it, but I have to move all of the temp files that have been DL'd to the actual game dir. before Steam will 'see' it; but i don't know what the final install path is.

I know it's:
x:\Steam\steamapps\common\-------

Is the directory just Arma 3, or Arma 3 Alpha, etc.? hopefully I won't have to re-download the whole thing on my slow-ass internet connection lol

Thanks for any help!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,389
T
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Member
Arma 3 Stuff Maker
Member
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,389
C:\Users\...\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3


Taosenai, TMR Modular Realism Developer
"It is necessary to develop a strategy that utilizes all the physical conditions and elements that are directly at hand. The best strategy relies upon an unlimited set of responses."
-- Ueshiba Morihei
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,536
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,536
x:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
awesome, thanks guys! hopefully I'll be able to get it up and running before bedtime lol

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 34
I think in a recent-ish update they made it so games download to the Steam\steamapps\downloading folder, and then it moves them to common after they're done, but I haven't looked into it in detail.

Also most of the time when Steam resets the percentage it isn't actually starting from the beginning, just the beginning of the files still left to go. Although on the other hand the last two large games I downloaded Steam restarted them completely over half-way though, which like you said is a utter pain on slow internet.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Yes, I believe that was done so if a game is updating and the DL fails mid-update you're not left with a trashed install. Only on successfully completing the full DL are the files moved from the DL folder to the common/whatever folder. Before this, there were instances of games getting ruined by a patch that stopped mid-patch necessitating a full un/reinstall.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 93
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 93
Hi. If I purchase Arma 3 Alpha, do I have to pay again when it is officially released ? Or have I already purchased the full game ?


Allizdog

Last edited by Allizdog1000; 03/13/13 04:18 AM.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,405
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,405
no, you don't have to purchase it again.

pay for the Alpha version now, and then you will get the Beta, and release versions as they become available.

this page shows what the different versions include: http://www.arma3.com/buy

it requires a Steam account, and you can purchase the Alpha from Steam or from the Bohemia Interactive store.


note that ArmA 3 requires the minimum of a DirectX 10 video card, on a Windows Vista or 7 or 8 computer.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 93
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 93
Thanks kramer. That clears it up for me. I didn't know the sequence of how it all worked with the Alpha and Beta thing either, so thanks again.


Allizdog

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 28
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 28
Any body know If and Where and How I can install mods in Steam??? Can I use more conventional weapons mods such as M4 and AK47?

T

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
You just place the folders starting with the @ in your main Arma 3 folder. You get them from all over the place, of course.
As for particular weapons, I don't know. A lot of them right now are ports from Arma 2, and BIS doesn't want people distributing A2 files as A3 mods, so that is being held up.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,599 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1