SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 65 of 240 1 2 … 63 64 65 66 67 … 239 240
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Great fun on back to school last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see SU-25T slots in place of red A-10s this is cool. However a few A-10. Slots would be better to encourage more red opposition.

Also, the SU-25 should have different load outs since they are so far from Vasellani. Rearm could take 30 min or more. SU -25 also need more gas. They start out at around 1500. By the time you reach Beslan B-Betty is screaming..

Overall I like the 25 addition.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
Good Fly In guys.

This crowd is great on its support to new players.

Altough, trying to fly the Ka-50 it is a challenge on its own.
And, trying to fly the Ka-50 when there's lots of A-10's in the air is a little bit suicidal.
(shot down twice by blind_one...). No matter what you do: flying low, flying very low, taxiing your way to the target, and those pesky A-10's still get you.

So, next time, I'll try my hand on the Su-25's...


Sim Evolution: Microproses's F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Longbow 1 & 2, Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3, Falcon: AF, DCS A-10 and Flight Simulator X!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RodBorza



Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 77
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 77
Hello Penguin, I enjoyed flying. Shame I got booted those couple times.

As for Human vs Human, flyng the Ka-50 is like bringing a knife to a gunflight. There is no fun in that. If I want to die/respawn, add nauseum, I'll do a FP shooter.

Last edited by smil; 02/25/13 02:50 PM.
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Originally Posted By: PenguinPolkien
Good Fly In guys.

This crowd is great on its support to new players.

Altough, trying to fly the Ka-50 it is a challenge on its own.
And, trying to fly the Ka-50 when there's lots of A-10's in the air is a little bit suicidal.
(shot down twice by blind_one...). No matter what you do: flying low, flying very low, taxiing your way to the target, and those pesky A-10's still get you.

So, next time, I'll try my hand on the Su-25's...


Sorry penguin!

I really only meant to do it once. The second time-- my thumb slipped and accidentally hit the master arm, opened the trigger guard, and depressed the weapon release. attack
In all honesty, I would have probably steered clear had I known it was you.


Last edited by blindone; 02/25/13 04:45 PM.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
Quote:


Sorry penguin!

I really only meant to do it once. The second time-- my thumb slipped and accidentally hit the master arm, opened the trigger guard, and depressed the weapon release. attack
In all honesty, I would have probably steered clear had I known it was you.



No problem man.
The good thing about multiplayer is that you got thing out of the box.
Against the AI, the behavior is easy to predict. Against humans...it's a whole new ball game.

And it's challenging... and ultimately, fun!


Sim Evolution: Microproses's F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Longbow 1 & 2, Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3, Falcon: AF, DCS A-10 and Flight Simulator X!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RodBorza



Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
Originally Posted By: smil
Hello Penguin, I enjoyed flying. Shame I got booted those couple times.

As for Human vs Human, flyng the Ka-50 is like bringing a knife to a gunflight. There is no fun in that. If I want to die/respawn, add nauseum, I'll do a FP shooter.


Yep, I agree.
it makes me value the radar on the Apache Longbow much more.
At least you know from where the attack is coming.


Sim Evolution: Microproses's F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Longbow 1 & 2, Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3, Falcon: AF, DCS A-10 and Flight Simulator X!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RodBorza



Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh guys. Abigail part of the issue is undoubtedly the fog of war setting. If you ka50 guys are down in the spinach or terrain masking we'd need to get extremely lucky to find you. When that gets fixed make sure you never fear an a10 again! Back in 1111 we had a few guys who were ALWAYS raving about how awesome it was to see the a10s circling feverishly to try and find them- with no luck and no f5 or f10 view to help them (allies only setting in f10). It's near impossible- but keep in mind tracers work both ways! Shoot and scoot is the trick to survival.

At one point last night we did issue a stand down order on the ka50s- then we learned that poor penguin was in there flying his heart out... He was being clubbed like a baby seal out there. It took us a few minutes to get the word out and he was hit one last time by a tow missile (it was almost an gbu12) and that was it for him. Not that I blame him at all- it is enormously frustrating in any aircraft to be shop at a cosco of death all night long. Allies only will rectify that so stay tuned.

Mol I will definitely change the fuel / ammo settings for the su's- not sure if I'm going to put the a10s back, however.

We did have our hare of disconnects- but I will add that the server only hard crashed once... The issue on Friday night notwithstanding- (unrelated) the server ran quite well. We had some weird glitching happening on back to school with 15 while we had 20 in the highway running reasonably smooth. Not sure the connection- pardon the pun.

Be back in a bit!

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
flew DCS for the first time online saturday night for a bit. Had to poke my head in and make an appearance at the flyin. I'm still very newb. Never really have done an actual DCS mission so the interface for chat and maps was really foreign to me.

I also had some lag when viewing other friendly planes. My ping to eno's server was around 120. What should I have my net speed set as in game LAN right? I thought I read that in the flyin thread. What works best for most servers in DCS?

I only flew the p51 since it's probably the easiest to fire weapons with. I managed to take down a few vehicles even it was fun. I'll join you guys more once I do some more tutorials and read the manual more so I know what I'm doing.


Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
LAN is the most trouble free speed setting without question. As for lag on friendly aircraft I was crashing quite a bit while viewing the f-15s... Frustrating but the high fc3 contingent probably wasn't helping your frames especially in the playground.

Also I was suffering bad frames in the playground... Probably because of the large number of vehicles in the target areas. I'm going to revamp that so I do an activate on group dead- I will make smaller target groups of 10 vehicles- and when they're dead I'll have a new group spawn.

Also noticed that immortal isn't immortal. I wanted to give he jtac a a bit more of a challenge and have them sustain fire- but not be outright killed by it. Figured the incoming fire would be distracting enough to want to be avoided without knocking out the position... Anyway gordo was actually being killed... So he had to be very careful. Added a nice element of realism though the AI and their crystal ball had a huge advantage.





Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Originally Posted By: eno75
LAN is the most trouble free speed setting without question. As for lag on friendly aircraft I was crashing quite a bit while viewing the f-15s... Frustrating but the high fc3 contingent probably wasn't helping your frames especially in the playground.



Yes. I a;ways cts when looking at FC3 aircraft in F2 view. frown

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Originally Posted By: eno75
Also I was suffering bad frames in the playground... Probably because of the large number of vehicles in the target areas. I'm going to revamp that so I do an activate on group dead- I will make smaller target groups of 10 vehicles- and when they're dead I'll have a new group spawn.


On a side note I came into the play ground in an SU-25 with gun pods when I used them for me everything was normal. However to everyone else I was firing nonstop. Even after jettisoning the pods I was still firing nonstop. I had to ditch the plane to clear it. Do not load external gun pods on the SU-25!!

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: eno75
LAN is the most trouble free speed setting without question. As for lag on friendly aircraft I was crashing quite a bit while viewing the f-15s... Frustrating but the high fc3 contingent probably wasn't helping your frames especially in the playground.

Also I was suffering bad frames in the playground... Probably because of the large number of vehicles in the target areas. I'm going to revamp that so I do an activate on group dead- I will make smaller target groups of 10 vehicles- and when they're dead I'll have a new group spawn.

Also noticed that immortal isn't immortal. I wanted to give he jtac a a bit more of a challenge and have them sustain fire- but not be outright killed by it. Figured the incoming fire would be distracting enough to want to be avoided without knocking out the position... Anyway gordo was actually being killed... So he had to be very careful. Added a nice element of realism though the AI and their crystal ball had a huge advantage.







There was a thread at ED, some Ground Objects are horribly unoptimized.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Yeah I've been reading that too so I'm sure it's not JUST me- however having new units spawn when others are dead instead of a wad of units is better for everyone.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
Originally Posted By: eno75


At one point last night we did issue a stand down order on the ka50s- then we learned that poor penguin was in there flying his heart out... He was being clubbed like a baby seal out there. It took us a few minutes to get the word out and he was hit one last time by a tow missile (it was almost an gbu12) and that was it for him. Not that I blame him at all- it is enormously frustrating in any aircraft to be shop at a cosco of death all night long. Allies only will rectify that so stay tuned.


Hey Eno,

Thanks for the consideration. I appreciate it. I still have to learn how to fly this thing though. As you said, shoot and scoot is the way to go.
And the shootdowns are not that frustating...well, a little bit maybe. But it is part of the game, and play head to head makes things more interesting and more challenging.

I still have to learn how to fly this thing though. One note about russian hardware, common to the Su-25 and to the Ka-50: they are hard to fly, but their system are easy to use. U.S. equipment is the other way around.

Originally Posted By: eno75

We did have our hare of disconnects- but I will add that the server only hard crashed once... The issue on Friday night notwithstanding- (unrelated) the server ran quite well. We had some weird glitching happening on back to school with 15 while we had 20 in the highway running reasonably smooth. Not sure the connection- pardon the pun.

Be back in a bit!



That's strange since I was the one supposed to have the most problems with connection or lag issues. My ping time is usually around 200-250 ms, while everybody else is much lower. Sometimes, as I posted before, I had hard lock-ups when everybody else was fine. This weekend though, everything went fine. As some guys were saying they were having low frame rates, I was flying with no problems, no problems with F2 views either.
So, it must not be the connection. Maybe it has to do with something really deep inside the software, maybe small variations inside the coding and the various machines that run it. I know ED is trying to solve it, maybe they will, at least, most of the problems.


Sim Evolution: Microproses's F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Longbow 1 & 2, Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3, Falcon: AF, DCS A-10 and Flight Simulator X!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RodBorza



Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: eno75
Yeah I've been reading that too so I'm sure it's not JUST me- however having new units spawn when others are dead instead of a wad of units is better for everyone.


Set a Group Is Dead flag and use a time delay before spawning the new group. Message that the new Group is activating; include any warnings about that Group's capabilities; messages need to be on for 20 seconds - no more than 30 for the really important ones. A few minutes after the new Group's activation, spin up up the new Group's radars; maybe another message.

And use rosin-core solder.

WC






Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 263


Everything okay...



Ops...not okay...



Sweetest gets her first landing... Any landing you can walk from...


Bast comes to the rescue...



Sim Evolution: Microproses's F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Longbow 1 & 2, Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3, Falcon: AF, DCS A-10 and Flight Simulator X!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RodBorza



Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Well the day has finally arrived.. 1.2.3 is released. Everyone is in a dogpile trying to get their versions updated and it won't be without hiccups.

I'm currently downloading the update on the server- and committing all bandwidth to that effort. Firehouse will be down until the update is applied.

I am going to ask that as people get the torrent downloaded that you seed it for a few days!

Last edited by eno75; 02/26/13 08:58 PM.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: eno75
Well the day has finally arrived.. 1.2.3 is released. Everyone is in a dogpile trying to get their versions updated and it won't be without hiccups.

I'm currently downloading the update on the server- and committing all bandwidth to that effort. Firehouse will be down until the update is applied.

I am going to ask that as people get the torrent downloaded that you seed it for a few days!


If you dont have to activate modules on the server, it'll be quicker to just download the 1.2.3 installer via torrent.

Then again, you'd have to re-install the SLMod and stuff.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
That's what I'm doing right now- though it's a big download with 83 seeders and almost 300 leachers.

SLMOD is a VERY easy install so no problems there- he has a new build coming out shortly anyway so I'll likely need to reinstall either way.

I'm going to keep trying with the autoupdater but I also want to have the current torrent file so I can seed.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
When somebody finds out - answer this -

Does v1.2.3 install separately from v1.2.2, or into the same directory?

---

Hollo Pointe is also off-line while downloading - that one should go quick on its 50+MB connection. My home machine is also on uTorrent but it will take prolly 12 hours to complete.

WC

Page 65 of 240 1 2 … 63 64 65 66 67 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,187 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1