SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 12 13
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52

Pepper, have a camera but its with the daughter at college at the moment. I'll tell her to bring it with her when she comes back on holiday break.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Sure thing. Thanks again!


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
In process of ordering one now. Would've waited a little longer but wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on the January stock.


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
Anxiously awaiting the Jan/Feb arrival of my R3volution!

I have both a Warthog and FSSB R2 Cougar. Will the side stick mounts handle the FSSB well? I currently have it set to one of the low force settings.

I'm planning on using one tabletop arm for my 22" touchscreen and the other... Well I think I'm going to take the front console off my AB pit and mount it to the arm. Reason being, I have TM MFDs, Aimsworth F-16 ICP, 3 UM80s, and some switch panels mounted to it. Having it and the touchscreen on those tabletop arms would let me switch quickly.


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Hey fellas, and ladies,

Sorry for being MIA for so long on the forums but I've been crazy busy. First off, thanks to Panther for such an in depth review, really thanks man wink Of course I'm especially happy she digged her r3v so much! I'm also glad to see so many of rest of ya diggin the r3v goodness.

While it took a couple of months for peeps to get a grasp of the r3v, our customers are thrilled about their new cockpits and I thank all of you for putting your experiences online here at SimHQ, and elsewhere. Really a big thanks to each of you smile

Re the monitor stand issues you are experiencing pepper, I trust you have it worked out now per our emails, but if mistaken please contact me again. I've yet to not be able to get monitors lined up properly on any of the units I've tested personally. It can be a bit tedious but I'll just say one can get well acquainted with their kit in doing so heheh. No seriously, it was hard to cater to all the different setups peeps like to run with their monitors, and there were not any current mounts that we could use as examples, so we approached it from scratch. The key was to allow full rotation, tilt, angle of the monitors, while keeping overall weight (for shipping) in mind. The simracing crowd can be pretty picky on monitor angles smile which is cool so we try to accommodate. As you can imagine with anything in a business we have to weigh the cost with the intended sales price, and in my opinion this stuff shouldn't cost a bomb like other desk triple mount solutions.

While I'm sitting here in my old oZone typing this, after a night of BF3, answering emails, browsing the web, and more than a few drinks, it's super cool to catch up with you guys and read through all the posts, especially seeing all the cool setups each of you are running. As I've always said before, the oZone & even the r3v are just the basics and each design allows for personal mods to make them "just right" for their owners needs. No better place to see mods to their OBUTTO's than on SimHQ!~

Just as a heads up, yes we are working on speaker mounts even though I loathe speakers lol! So far I haven't been able to come up with a nice enough looking rear speaker mount so we appreciate your patience, uhhh with me. Also, for all you flight sim'ers we are coming out with an A-10 Warthog (thrustmaster) specific mount, for hard mounting, and it is pretty much based off mhe_at's customized setup, so it saves those without power tools to obtaining a better solution. Mhe_at, huge props for shaving down your mount and as soon as we come up with a good looking solution for rear speaker mounts they are on the house, or something else if ya desire wink cheers man!

Also, and in closing, our r3v keyboard tray, free standing monitor stand, and cupholder are now available for all the oZone owners. Sorry but these are the only r3v bits that will fit the oZone. I will say though, I've been back at my US home for 2mths now in my 4yr old oZone everyday for HOURS & HOURS and am still very happy, and I still have the original oZone keyboard tray, although I am using the prototype r3v monitor stand. No cupholder here as I have a great wood rifle crate next to my cockpit for holding my beverages. Of course I've done all my computer use in an oZone since late '05 to early '06 soooooo.....

Anyhow, enjoy all of ya, and I'll try my best to keep an eye on the forums in a more timely manner wink

Best wishes to all you for 2013!!!


Last edited by obutto; 01/03/13 12:23 AM.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Originally Posted By: obutto
Also, for all you flight sim'ers we are coming out with an A-10 Warthog (thrustmaster) specific mount, for hard mounting, and it is pretty much based off mhe_at's customized setup, so it saves those without power tools to obtaining a better solution.


That is excellent news, and music to my ears. I can't wait to they become available, I'll be waiting eagerly for their availability.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Thanks Chris for checking in. I am holding off on making further adjustments to the Obutto until I have set up a loft bed that it's going to go underneath (trying to free up space in my apartment). Who knows, maybe the lowing height they are at now will be ideal, and will allow me to place speakers above/behind the monitors from the rafters of the loft bed.

I am gonna get around to reversing the tablet tray arms so they are a bit lower, like mhe suggested.

Looking forward to what you come up with for speaker mounts, especially rear ones. I hate wires running everywhere.


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,572
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,572
I have an oZone and I'm still in love with it. However, the r3v is looking pretty darn sexy! Good to see ya here Chris! If I don't decide on an upgrade I'll be ordering some parts for my rig, especially the cup holder. I'm not sure if I was the first to tell Chris it needed one, but I mentioned it to him when I reviewed the oZone for LOF and CA. Excellent piece of kit and well worth the money. Here's a couple of shots of my highly modified rig which has a Warthog, pair of TM MFD's, pair of X-Keys, Genovation keypad, CH Pedals, DT225 Trackball and Throttle Quadrant, Buttkicker w/300 watt amp and 560 watts of Logitech 5.1 surround.






Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Chris! Great news! Hey Rugg! Welcome aboard! Looks great! Cup holder? OH HECK YES! I've got to find me one!


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Hey Panther & Ghost, ya please keep an eye on your country's distributors site for Warthog stick mount availability, cupholders, r3v keyboard tray, r3v freestanding monitor stand.

Hey Pepper, I look forward to seeing pics of your whole setup when your done. Re the tabletop arms, I don't see why you couldn't just flip them upside down to lower them, good luck with finishing your room!

Last, welcome to SIMHQ Rugg, good to see you too man smile I do remember ya wanting a cupholder lol! Nice to see you're still enjoying your oZone, and looks like you've added some bits. I really dig the lighting!

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
Saitek Combat pedals arrived today... If only I wasn't too sick to fly!

sicko


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Well mine is underway and I cant wait until sitting behind my new office =)

Ofc seconds after I order mine i saw Chris his post about warthog mounts -.- . I always have that I order stuff and then new stuff comes hehehe.

One small question tho. Are there rubber paddings below the whole chair or do you need a carpet if you have a wooden floor ?

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52

Recommend getting a mat of some sort under it. The ones for a treadmill or weight training equipment would be good. For looks you could trim it down so the foot print is near the same size of the desk.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
^^^ Jack's spot on smile

The only part of the cockpit that has end caps is the rear under the seat. Up front it's just flat rectangle tubing making contact.

Anyhow Warthog, you can never have too many mounts. One can always put them to use with different peripherals smile

________________________________________________________


So I've been thinking of coming out with some flat mounts for next to the seat. It seems more and more flt sim'ers have the need to mount button boxes or displays to the right or left of their seat.

Would a simple vertical post welded to some 2mm square shape sheet metal do the trick? Pre-drilled for VESA mounting?? or leave it for folks to use velcro or something to attach their kit? These would be priced reasonably as it doesn't take much to build.

Any comments are appreciated on the above are appreciated!

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
VESA mounting to the seat would be good I think. I have one touchscreen but could see myself having 2 more for side consoles.

They would need to be able to rotate out of the way though.. Still have to get in and out easily.


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Thnx Jack and Chris

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Originally Posted By: Sim_Jack

Recommend getting a mat of some sort under it. The ones for a treadmill or weight training equipment would be good. For looks you could trim it down so the foot print is near the same size of the desk.


I use one LIKE THIS I've cut out the forward portion of it to accmodate the rudder pedal platform. Actually, it seems to make my oZone, ROCK steady. Without it I noticed the other day while doing some maintenance it was a wee tipsy. Perhaps because I've made it pretty top heavy.


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52

InsideSimRacing has a review video of this
http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/894/0/Reviews

Note: Sean made a mistake in putting it together and has the mounting bracket for the tables upside down and as a result they do not stay put and he fixed this by wire tying the arms near the joints to keep them from folding back. The review gives a con for this but its installer error not the the sim. You can see the mount installed upside down in the vid at 4:12

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
R
USAF Veteran
Member
USAF Veteran
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
They also made it sound like stuff that comes standard with the R3V is separate.

Like the single monitor stand and the cupholder.


Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52

Caught that as well but let it go because table top thing had me scratching my head. When I first did my install I had some things wrong but when things did not look or work right I compared what I had with images and a couple of timers went back to the videos.

They also gave a con for the paper directions included with the hardware, but should have pointed out that the videos Chris made make up for this in a very big way. So for me, I would have instead given big props on the directions based on the videos.

Overall they did seem very impressed with the desk and like it for much of the same reasons I like mine it's very strong, its not just a sim pit it's a very usable desk, can be configured to the users desire with controller mounting AND it's way cool looking.

It's good to have people that are familiar with similar products from other manufactures review things. IMO they just missed it on a couple of things

For me there were only two cons 1) the difficulty with getting the optional triple monitors setup 2) the base runners of the monitor stand could be 2-3 inches longer toward the front to help with weight distribution. Given that, neither one is a game changer for me OR should prevent someone else in getting this desk.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 12 13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,217 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1