|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683 |
While 1.14 release smokes were in "DIP" state, and we expected that BANITA would finish them. He made a lot, but he had not finished that. That's why there is no 1.15-smokes. Maybe someone will improve his work.
I will think about usage of Viper cockpit in other Cobras, thank you for hint.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604 |
I been playing a little bit of everything.
Blue Side.
Red Side.
A bit of Yemen here, Taiwan there, Europe here, then to Lebanon and to Libya.
I noticed the A.I. is more aggressive now.
If you have a recon mission toward carriers or an airbase and you let the computer take over, they no longer just fly there and do a recon or get shot at and then shot down on the way there.
Two KA-52 of mine on a recon mission on enemy carriers turn into the enemy carrier, one frigate and one landing craft sunk.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,133
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,133 |
I'm impressed with how it looks and sounds. Nice to see the additional helos. And all the smoke and goodies are all integrated. Those who worked on it should feel very proud. I guess now we just need to entice someone with flight model coding experience to try and come on board. I don't think the eye candy should hurt trying to lure one. Does that company who released EE2 still have the rights to that? I wonder if they'd be compelled to integrate all these mods into the EE2 graphics engine and then to hire on a FM coder to completely revamp the flight dynamics. Their use of a new graphics engine had to have been an expenditure, and yet I'd put that down on the list of things-to-do below FM. If not, maybe a kickstarter project to hire one?
Last edited by Reticuli; 12/25/12 10:39 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683 |
guod will replace eech-allmods-1.15.0.exe and eech-terrain-1.15.0.exe files with newer one. Those have fixes for saves, F3/F4 in Ka-50 and Europe tree texture.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957 |
Thanks FireBird for the update, what's the ETA for the updated files?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864 |
Are there any videos of the AH1 and the Kiowa pits to watch? Did a search on the tube but it came up empty.
-C-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76 |
I see the download procedure but don't see a link to the patches. Where can I find them?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
Maybe I'm wrong, but Red's FLIR ("SHKVAL", "TOR") have ground stabilization like Comanche (in original it's calls "field of view stabilization"). I'm really like targeting without radar (like in DCS ka-50), but in this case it's quite.. hard =) Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,288
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,288 |
Maybe I'm wrong, but Red's FLIR ("SHKVAL", "TOR") have ground stabilization like Comanche (in original it's calls "field of view stabilization"). I'm really like targeting without radar (like in DCS ka-50), but in this case it's quite.. hard =) Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks. If I remember correctly, you can just lock onto any point on the ground, and then you can move the sight around relative to the locked point. This should work for all helicopters.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808 |
Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks. ctr+s work in every helicopters arneh noob 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
ctr+s work in every helicopters damn it.. it really works =) thx
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20 |
Just Installed this . Very impressed indeed . Many thanks to all of the people who have given their time free to this project . Happy new year
So long and thanks for all the fish
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
|
|
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827 |
Not flown in EECH for some time now and I see you have modded new cockpits in too?! Are there any screens or videos of them?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 90
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 90 |
I second Mace's idea. Screens please? I may have to reinstall this one. Maybe some of the new FX too(explosions, etc)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75 |
Is the MMS of the Kiowa modeled? Been itching to get back in the saddle of the Kiowa since Longbow 2, and if ever there was a ninja of a helicopter, the Kiowa is it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604 |
Is the MMS of the Kiowa modeled? Been itching to get back in the saddle of the Kiowa since Longbow 2, and if ever there was a ninja of a helicopter, the Kiowa is it. I don't know what modeled means but I shot down two Fulcrums in it last night using the 2 AA missiles it carried.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75 |
The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604 |
The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it? I don't think so. I just turn the FLIR on and use the mouse to move the reticle around the ground and sky, and zoom in and out until I lock on something.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883 |
The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it? I think it should work, although not tested it. It's where the flir is mounted, so if the model is correct, then you should be able to peek over the top of things.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|