SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
While 1.14 release smokes were in "DIP" state, and we expected that BANITA would finish them. He made a lot, but he had not finished that. That's why there is no 1.15-smokes. Maybe someone will improve his work.

I will think about usage of Viper cockpit in other Cobras, thank you for hint.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
I been playing a little bit of everything.

Blue Side.

Red Side.

A bit of Yemen here, Taiwan there, Europe here, then to Lebanon and to Libya.

I noticed the A.I. is more aggressive now.

If you have a recon mission toward carriers or an airbase and you let the computer take over, they no longer just fly there and do a recon or get shot at and then shot down on the way there.

Two KA-52 of mine on a recon mission on enemy carriers turn into the enemy carrier, one frigate and one landing craft sunk.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,133
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,133
I'm impressed with how it looks and sounds. Nice to see the additional helos. And all the smoke and goodies are all integrated. Those who worked on it should feel very proud. I guess now we just need to entice someone with flight model coding experience to try and come on board. I don't think the eye candy should hurt trying to lure one. Does that company who released EE2 still have the rights to that? I wonder if they'd be compelled to integrate all these mods into the EE2 graphics engine and then to hire on a FM coder to completely revamp the flight dynamics. Their use of a new graphics engine had to have been an expenditure, and yet I'd put that down on the list of things-to-do below FM. If not, maybe a kickstarter project to hire one?

Last edited by Reticuli; 12/25/12 10:39 PM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
guod will replace eech-allmods-1.15.0.exe and eech-terrain-1.15.0.exe files with newer one.
Those have fixes for saves, F3/F4 in Ka-50 and Europe tree texture.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Thanks FireBird for the update, what's the ETA for the updated files?

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
Are there any videos of the AH1 and the Kiowa pits to watch? Did a search on the tube but it came up empty.

-C-

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76
I see the download procedure but don't see a link to the patches.
Where can I find them?

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 76
Never mind I found it.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Maybe I'm wrong, but Red's FLIR ("SHKVAL", "TOR") have ground stabilization like Comanche (in original it's calls "field of view stabilization"). I'm really like targeting without radar (like in DCS ka-50), but in this case it's quite.. hard =) Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.

thealx #3709302 12/31/12 12:32 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,288
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,288
Originally Posted By: thealx
Maybe I'm wrong, but Red's FLIR ("SHKVAL", "TOR") have ground stabilization like Comanche (in original it's calls "field of view stabilization"). I'm really like targeting without radar (like in DCS ka-50), but in this case it's quite.. hard =) Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.


If I remember correctly, you can just lock onto any point on the ground, and then you can move the sight around relative to the locked point. This should work for all helicopters.

thealx #3709311 12/31/12 12:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Originally Posted By: thealx
Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.



ctr+s work in every helicopters arneh noob neaner

#3709364 12/31/12 02:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Originally Posted By: joe13
ctr+s work in every helicopters

damn it.. it really works =) thx

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Just Installed this . Very impressed indeed . Many thanks to all of the people who have given their time free to this project . Happy new year


So long and thanks for all the fish
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Not flown in EECH for some time now and I see you have modded new cockpits in too?! Are there any screens or videos of them?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 90
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 90
I second Mace's idea. Screens please? I may have to reinstall this one. Maybe some of the new FX too(explosions, etc)

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
Is the MMS of the Kiowa modeled? Been itching to get back in the saddle of the Kiowa since Longbow 2, and if ever there was a ninja of a helicopter, the Kiowa is it.

Agiel7 #3714927 01/10/13 02:59 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: Agiel7
Is the MMS of the Kiowa modeled? Been itching to get back in the saddle of the Kiowa since Longbow 2, and if ever there was a ninja of a helicopter, the Kiowa is it.


I don't know what modeled means but I shot down two Fulcrums in it last night using the 2 AA missiles it carried.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it?

Agiel7 #3715024 01/10/13 07:22 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: Agiel7
The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it?


I don't think so.

I just turn the FLIR on and use the mouse to move the reticle around the ground and sky, and zoom in and out until I lock on something.

Agiel7 #3715051 01/10/13 08:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted By: Agiel7
The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it?


I think it should work, although not tested it. It's where the flir is mounted, so if the model is correct, then you should be able to peek over the top of things.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,341 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1