|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372 |
Just upgraded my Fios service. I got a good deal on the upgrade at only +$20 per month, and I had all necessary equipment already. I think you could say that I am happy with the result... -Skater
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 556
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 556 |
I use a 4g phone for my sole internet.  That's fast!
Last edited by shadylurker; 12/10/12 11:05 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,636
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,636 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156 |
And I thought mine was fast. 
Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343 |
Dang. My city (Rockville, Maryland) has all but granted Comcast a monopoly on high speed internet for additional tax revenues. *sigh*
P.S. No, it's nowhere near that fast.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845 |
Comcast results from Mid America. 
Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7 3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k: LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB Youtube videosFlickr Photos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
Legsie is such a Hotshot
|
|
Legsie is such a Hotshot
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710 |
Last Sunday we were given a free upgrade to glass fiber / 20Mb (officially). That speed is only attainable for websites in China itself of course. But even for the rest of the world it seems very fast now - I even can watch Youtube movies at high resolution without having to buffer first.
Yeah, not comparable to the speeds I see above. Something about one-eyed guy being King in the country of the blind.
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,178
LB Senior Member
|
|
LB Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,178 |
Just upgraded my Fios service. I got a good deal on the upgrade at only +$20 per month, and I had all necessary equipment already. I think you could say that I am happy with the result... -Skater Wow Skater, those are some pretty insane numbers. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence   OH, one question ... what's your bandwidth cap if any?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752 |
I got to use it for a couple weeks in Alexandria, VA. It is mindblowing.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman
Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188 Likes: 37
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188 Likes: 37 |
Here's what I get from Time Warner in San Diego: 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,032
Leatherneck Sim Artist Member
|
|
Leatherneck Sim Artist Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,032 |
No contract service on my end. signed up when FiOS was pretty much starting. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,636
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,636 |
I'm running mine through a powerline so it knocks off a little. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372 |
Modified my configuration a bit, and it upped the speeds marginally and brought the ping down a bit... My download speed is roughly equivalent to an OC3 (155Mb) connection, with 98% quality and consistency, which is... Amazing actually. My upload speed is a bit slower, but very near to a 100Mb connection on a LAN.  -Skater
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,256
The Antipodean Senior Member
|
|
The Antipodean Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,256 |
Those numbers are fantastic. Very jealous.
Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156 |
Dang. My city (Rockville, Maryland) has all but granted Comcast a monopoly on high speed internet for additional tax revenues. *sigh*
P.S. No, it's nowhere near that fast. Check online at the Fios website. Comcast may have a monopoly on cable, but fios isn't cable.
Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064 Likes: 19
It's KRT not Kurt Hotshot
|
|
It's KRT not Kurt Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064 Likes: 19 |
 It's a little slow on the upside this morning usually hovers between 30-40 after dark This is more like it (after 6 pm EST) 
Last edited by KRT_Bong; 12/12/12 11:19 PM.
Win 11 Pro MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343 |
Dang. My city (Rockville, Maryland) has all but granted Comcast a monopoly on high speed internet for additional tax revenues. *sigh*
P.S. No, it's nowhere near that fast. Check online at the Fios website. Comcast may have a monopoly on cable, but fios isn't cable. Oh, I did. The monopoly also involves broadband internet. It sucks.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,032
Leatherneck Sim Artist Member
|
|
Leatherneck Sim Artist Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,032 |
Skater, which router do you use?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,527
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,527 |
Feel lucky, feel very lucky, you b@stards!  Here's the crap I get for the equivalent of 39 USD: Wait a minute. It says faster than 50% of Argentina! What the hell!
Last edited by WileECoyote; 12/11/12 11:55 PM.
When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|