SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
It's available but I'm hesitating until I read some reviews.


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Mace has it.
I'm sure he will be along to tell us what he thinks.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
It's inevitable that I will get it, but I gotta give Skyrim some love (ugh, that sound wrong) once I've rebuilt my system.

I miss taffing around though, being the Thiefy taffer that I am, so Dishonored look like it'll fit the bill nicely.


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
It's good thumbsup

If you liked Thief/Deus Ex you'll like this. Really nice visuals with great gameplay, get taffing smile

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
U
Hotshot
Hotshot
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33


If you liked Deus Ex


Uh oh...


I have gaming PCs that run everything from MS-DOS 6.22 to Windows 7 64-bit

Win7 Home Prem 64
i5-3570
ASRock HM77
XFX Radeon HD 6950 2 Gig
8 Gigs GSkill DDR3 1600
500 Gig Samsung 840 SSD
1 TB WD Black SATA II HD
Plextor 24x DVD-RW
ViewSonic VA2702w 1920x1080
HP L2206tm 1920x1080 Multi-Touch Screen
Antec Neo 550w PS
Antec Full Tower Case
Warthog 1663 w/ CH Pro Pedals
TIR4 w/ Clip
Logitech G110 KB
Razer Naga
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 221
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 221
It is really good. Really cool setting.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
So far it's quite nice.


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Just made it to the sewers and I like it so far.


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 875
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 875
Originally Posted By: UnderTheRadar
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33


If you liked Deus Ex


Uh oh...



The very first Deus Ex I hope.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
It's good thumbsup

If you liked Thief/Deus Ex you'll like this. Really nice visuals with great gameplay, get taffing smile



My thoughts exactly, except the graphical style, best described as "water color" doesn't appeal to me. Doesn't ruin the game, I'd just like a nicer color palette, less washed out and more texture. I wasn't expecting that look from the videos.
The game set up is pretty much the style of Deux Ex Human Revolution, but with a Bioshock and Thief twist. Pretty slow to start, but then you get into your first "real" mission and build up points for abilities quickly--faster than in Deus Ex. It's a fun game so far. Much more open than Deus Ex with a good number of routes and possible ways to infiltrate. Should make it a pretty replayable game.

Check out the voice cast on IMDB. I don't see Brad Dourif listed, but he's GOT to be the mechanic/inventor/armory guy. If not it's a damn good impression of him. 99.9% sure it's him, gotta love Brad in anything he does.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2322244/


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Just finished the first mission and am really getting into it! If the rest of the game is more or less like this, then I think the high price will be worth the early purchase.


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Crap!
Wish I had bought this rather than Skyrim last week. sigh


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
I just got it started today and am really enjoying it. I love the setting and art design/color pallete. Looks great and runs smooth and is easy on the eyes. I do feel like I'm playing in an old time pastel painting with a slight Disney feel to it. Its great. Just made it through the sewers and getting ready to open my box of goodies(crossbow) that my unseen and unknown allies left me. RTFM


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Be sure to pick your bolts back up. You find some here and there along the way stuck in walls and targets.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Thanks for the Tip. I'm headed back in.


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Isn't this just Oblivion/Skyrim with a sword/pistol?

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
No, nothing like Skyrim, Ice. It's like Thief in that you have missions/assassinations to perform in a mapped out are of the city. You can't go anywhere you want but the maps seem pretty big and it's all about getting in, making the kill and getting out unseen smile

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,357
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,357
I agree

its a whalepunk thief 1 or 2 ( thief 3 wasnt as good as the first 2)

SOme people complained they have finished it in 10 hours, I think Ive played for 3 and I am atthe start of the 2nd mission, so much to explore and looking around for stuff is fun .


XBL : DUDE163
PSN : DUDE163
http://www.flickr.com/photos/riverviewfoto/
http://dude163.blogspot.com (vintage lens foto blog)
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

25% discount on GreenMan Gaming with this code until Friday: GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/dishonored-na/

charge

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 10/11/12 01:02 AM.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
If you finish this in 3 hours you're not exploring the possibilities. Like a few other games like this, it's fun to save often and re-run what you just did a different way. And watch/listen for the creative assassination opportunities.

In the brothel for the twins...
Click to reveal..
I found the steam room option, turning up the steam to kill the brother in there. I didn't find one for the brother upstairs in the Gold room. I got around on the decorative rings above the floor and then got to his room jumping balconies outside, but I didn't find a way for a creative kill. If anyone finds one, please post it so I can re-run that one.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,298 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1