SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 368
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 368
I'll give a crap when it's official and gets pushed out to Steam.


System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
4GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Jeeza Foucault, you sound all bunged up. I know, I know, sometimes when we hold our breath we get our way, but not sure you holding your poop in will sway things one way or another. But you never know the retail patch might be available sooner once they hear about your bathroom boycott.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
Well, performance does seem to be better (then again I upgraded to a 2Gb GPU since the last time I played), the tracers look better, I did manage to brute-force some FXAA on it through NVidia control panel... BUT ...It's still breaking-my-heart bad. And off my HDD it goes (again)

Cheers

Nico


"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788
Yeah, my precious disc space is going to all of those other WWII sims that exist. I mean, the ones I wished existed.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
I did a quick flight everything on High, it seemed to look much better, and I even liked the terrain colors. My frames were decent, except when flying thru clouds. They're certainly taking a very long time to fix the particle issues, and the shadow flicker seemed worse. I will have to lower the video options to see if it makes any difference. I actually enjoyed a few dogfights and bomber interceptions. Some aspects of the AI for dogfighting were decent, but otherwise the AI are still as dumb as a post. Still alot of work to do, before I really start to get interested in flying again.

Last edited by Chivas; 09/29/12 08:21 AM.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Worth me installing again Chivas, or wait?

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
S
disillusioned
Member
disillusioned
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
I was hoping that the pop up clouds would be gone, oh well


Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!


Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
Performance is so so, was better with the beta. I still get a rhythmic stutter every few seconds independent of terrain, everything looks washed out (still) and I'm seeing white lines at the periphery of my vision but that may be a vid driver issue not sure. I'm now getting a crash when leaving the game (minimizes to desktop and wont come back). The Su-26 seems really twitchy, and the pilot looks ridiculous in a Mae West and a partial O2 hose, not huge but.. still rather disappointing. Can't say as I'll be holding my breath for the sequel.


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 939
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 939
Are the FMs any better now?


Beyond gliding distance
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Worth me installing again Chivas, or wait?



I really don't know Furbs, I'm not flying enough to make a valued judgement. I not so sure the AI is good enough yet for offline flying, and I haven't been flying online for quite sometime.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
I'm now getting a crash when leaving the game (minimizes to desktop and wont come back).


Yup, getting that too ! Also, I've noticed some strange effects with exhaust flames, especially the tiny blue flames making the entire front section of the Hurricane reflect blue light. Looks a bit over the top to me :



Generally speaking it also looks like they reduced the overall visual quality of the game, maybe to increase performance ? That last observation may be completely biased, as I haven't played in a while, and missed a few Beta patches.

Cheers

Nico

Edit : added picture.

Last edited by VonBarb.; 09/30/12 08:43 AM.

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
After deleting my cache I found performance better. I went on ATAG last night and generally the overall feel of flying is better, I flew the Spit MkII and it sounded great, (after a long warm-up) and it flew a bit easier, all in all except for a few things like the exhaust flames I'd say this is what it should have been on release and then on to start fixing things. It looks promising.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 09/30/12 11:47 AM.

Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,592
Likes: 41
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,592
Likes: 41
Originally Posted By: VonBarb.
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
I'm now getting a crash when leaving the game (minimizes to desktop and wont come back).


Yup, getting that too ! Also, I've noticed some strange effects with exhaust flames, especially the tiny blue flames making the entire front section of the Hurricane reflect blue light. Looks a bit over the top to me :



'looks a bit over the top'

Looks ridiculous to me!

RedToo.


My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: https://tinyurl.com/4n82j75z

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 507
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 507
Looks like the lighting went up accidentally frown also looks bad in the spit when you turn the gunsight light on...

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
sigh




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
P
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
I can't even be bothered to download this patch.

sigh

I'll wait for the official Steam release.


"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
I'm with Para, this is the first time I saw the patch posted and didn't rush right out to get it. Surprising since they finally gave us the promised Su! Any word from the RU forums on how it performs compared to the real plane?

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
S
disillusioned
Member
disillusioned
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
You guys are missing out then, really a very good patch!..certainly some engines not starting cold is an mis step, but the inners of the patch are excellent. The sound guy they have is excellent, the very subtle symmetrical sounds that you hear from an strong engine, are in there. He also did a fine job with the hit sounds, I hear them a lot. biggrin


Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!


Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,453
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,453
Released to Steam now. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,005 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1