SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3610441 07/20/12 02:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,906
T
Captain Awesome
Senior Member
Captain Awesome
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,906
Okay, I've found myself growing tired of flight-simming. So I though I'd dive back into racing with Forza 4...I'm picking it up after work today. I haven't played a racing sim/game since Gran Tourismo 2, and I have a few questions...

I can't afford a wheel, so will the controller be that much of a burden?
Should I even bother with "realistic" settings because of this?

How hard is it to "level-up"? In Real-Life I've got an '09 Mustang (V6 only), and I'd like to drive the '05 GT version as soon as I can. How long will it take to acquire credits? I know this is kinda silly, but back when I played GT2, it actually helped me in real-life (was driving a '91 MR2 at the time). Playing the game helped me understand cornering/braking/accelerating better. And no, I didn't go around racing in traffic. smile


Any n00b tips/hints/suggestions?


"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
I drive with no assists with the controller and have since forza 3, i have the MS wheel but it's pretty much junk compared to even a decent PC wheel. Leveling up in forza is like most games with levels, very fast at first then it gradually slows down.


Commence to Jigglin'
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
I dont think there are any level limits on vehicles so you would just need to save up the credits to buy one which should only take 2-3 hours if you are an ok racer.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,868
D
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Senior Member
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,868
I like my MS wheel smile

I can't play Forza with a gamepad at all, but everyone else seems to be able to. I don't think you're going to have a hard time at all buying a Mustang.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,906
T
Captain Awesome
Senior Member
Captain Awesome
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,906
No time at all, actually...just about 30 minutes of racing. So far I'm having a great time. I suck, but I'm having a great time being really bad. biggrin


"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,906
T
Captain Awesome
Senior Member
Captain Awesome
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,906
After a few more nights of gameplay I noticed that the AI isn't too hot, either. Kinda fun to watch the leader spin off into the sand... smile

Another thing I REALLY like about this game is: it doesn't make me feel like a moron. Even if you finish last, it doesn't say "FAIL" or "YOU LOSE!!" ...just says congrats you finished, and gives you a little bit of money.

And nothing's locked! You can try out ALL the cars in Quick Race. VERY nice.

I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I thought I'd share...

Maybe I need to sell a few things (old games, books, a kidney) to get a wheel now.


"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,286 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1