|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9 |
Greetings.
I would like to know after spending some time reading through this forum...Honestly is it worth purchasing COD? I've been wanting to pull the trigger on this, but I'm not sure after seeing the bugs/glitches etc. if is a good time to do so. Or is it one of those that will always be a work in progress? Running it shouldn't be a problem, ROF runs great on my system. It just comes down to how high will the frustration level be with the "Sim" itself? I really need honest input/feelings on this...Your help will help me make the decision. Thanks in advance.
Piper
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818 |
What do you want to do with the sim? Online? Offline?
Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/01/12 11:48 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474 Likes: 13
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474 Likes: 13 |
You will get a mix of opinions.. If I knew then what I knew now attitude grips me then I would say no, don't bother until it's running correctly. On the other hand, if you can buy it cheaply for a few dollars, and can afford it, then might as well get it, lol!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9 |
BKHZ_Furbs...More than likely both.
Trooper...That's what I figured. Money is not the issue. I'm guessing if runs smooth and doesn't crash in a fire ball every time I hit run I can put up with most of the other problems....I think!
Piper
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 588
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver Member
|
|
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 588 |
What are your specs? X.P. users have more difficulties than most, and a modern graphics card with at least 1gb RAM is essential. Even those with the best of rigs can have issues so there aren't immune to CTD's. I personally haven't had too many issues since the early days. If you buy it and you do have issues there is plenty of help available here if you need it. Online flying is great fun if that's what you're into, and offline, I'd say without fear of contradiction that community made missions such as Heinkills are far superior to the ones that come with the game.
"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso. i5 [email protected] | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9 |
Well I went ahead and got it...Purchased it from Amazon. Took forever to install it, I guess with all the updates? Not to sure about the "Steam thing" though. The only thing I would really like to have...is there an online "Manual" anywhere?
Piper
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 19
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 19 |
Super18.
Should be a PDF of manual that came with the game. I forget which folder....I am at work now. Takes a long time to get used to the game engine and flight controls setup + your machine tweaked for best performance. Steam is a pain, but get used to it after awhile. I recommend joining a group and/or checking lots of forums to pick up little hints here and there. YouTube is also a great resource for finding stuff, like plane tutorials, etc..
I find the game very enjoyable. Especially after this latest beta patch. But everybody has their own opinion...usually strongly held opinions, LOL!
Game performance seems to really be an issue of what your machine specifications are and how compatible it is....I don't really have any issues.
My specs: COMPUTER: iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 957i OS: Windows 7 Home Edition x64-bit CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz RAM: 16GB VIDEO: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 2GB PERIPHERALS: Saitek x52 Joystick/Throttle System, Saitek Rudder Pedals, FreeTrack with Wii Remote input
Last edited by Marmus; 07/03/12 08:37 PM.
Marmus
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9 |
Thanks for all the help guys. I did find the manual Marmus. Love your "Channel"...subscribed. My system will run FSX and ROF with just about everything maxed...with decent frames on both. So far COD seems to run very smooth! Now the $65.00 is how do I tell what version of the game has Steam updated too? I've looked at some threads here and at the IL2 forums...And I surely don't want to install something I don't need to, any recommendations?
Piper
Last edited by Super18; 07/04/12 02:20 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024 |
Thanks for buying, every dollar spent might keep the bean counters at bay long enough for the sim to be finished. Steam will automatically install the latest version. There is a beta version being tested now, but that has to be installed separately.
Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4 Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard 16 gigs DDR3 2133 EVGA GTX980Ti Oculus Rift LG 37" LCD BLack Mamba III Joystick Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers Saitek Pro Rudder pedals Voice Activation Controls
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 19
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 19 |
Super18,
You should get even better performance out of the latest Beta Test Patch. Like Chivas said, Steam does not provide Beta Test Patches via auto-update. It will need to be downloaded from the 1C Company forums if you want to try it out.
[url= http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32916]CloD Beta Patch v.1.07.18301 at 1C Forums[/url]
The patch is simply a zip file...with some new files that you just overwrite....description is in the forum post.
Marmus
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|