|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475 |
I am getting this error.  This happened after getting the latest update. I likely have not updated in 6 months. I still have my key. I also can no longer just left click on a shortcut or most anything. That happened about a month ago. But everything but ROF seems to be working. Looking for help.
Race you to the Mucky Duck!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257 |
Do a recovery and update again. If that failes, download the latest build from our website and re-install. Then just login with your usual credentials. You don't have to register your key again.
Jason
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179 |
I also can no longer just left click on a shortcut or most anything. That happened about a month ago.
Looking for help.
...I would suggest he fix this error first.
WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res. Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118 |
......everything but ROF seems to be working.
Looking for help.
My guess is the left click issue is just related to launching RoF's .exe's, not a general PC thing. Jasons advice is the best course of action for now
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475 |
I did as Jason suggested. No luck on either account. You would think going to Control Panel and then Folder Options and choosing 'Double-click to open an item' would do the trick. But not so.
Race you to the Mucky Duck!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179 |
My guess is the left click issue is just related to launching RoF's .exe's, not a general PC thing. Jasons advice is the best course of action for now
...my guess is buggered up VB stuff..... I did as Jason suggested. No luck on either account. You would think going to Control Panel and then Folder Options and choosing 'Double-click to open an item' would do the trick. But not so. Close - but instead, go to control panel -> mouse ...and under BUTTONS tab, check the "switch primary and secondary" option. Then try your icons again, this time, with the other mouse button.... This will tell you if it's just a buggered up left mouse button or not.
WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res. Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118 |
Uriah
Just for clarification is this just related to opening the RoF shortcut or are all shortcuts affected?
Can you launch the game by browsing to the 777 folder and clicking the actual settings.exe? usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release
You can also try reinstalling C++, which is what Brian meant
Google vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe, depending on what operating system you are using (64bit or 32 bit)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475 |
Brigstock, it seems related to all shortcuts, at least on my desktop, task bar, and Quick Launch bar. But WWBrian gave me a clue. It turns out that the mouse setting is ok. But it was then I discovered using the clues from that - it just seems to be affecting shortcuts. Icons that are not shortcuts are not affected. I can double left click on the 'Recycle Bin' icon on my desktop and it opens up as normal. Checking ROF next.
Race you to the Mucky Duck!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475 |
I found I can double left click rof_updater.exe just fine. Then when the window ROF Launcher comes up and I click the bar button Start Game I get the error I pasted the image of above. However, if I click ROF.exe the game came up. Had message about settings being split into two files or something like that. Then I had to type in my email address and password. Game came up. Only complaint is that it is obvious the video settings are some default. I tired the rof_updater.exe and get the error. So, at least I can fly the game! And I know that the issue with having to use right click is just on shortcut icons.
Race you to the Mucky Duck!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,475 |
After the update the error still exist, Offset is different. 
Race you to the Mucky Duck!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 788 |
In your first post you say you can't left click on a shortcut or most anything, I'm assuming that is in general like for everything on your desktop?
If that's the case, I'd start with hitting it with a malwarebytes scan, spybot scan, and then a sfc /scannow (from command prompt).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179 |
Just for clarification is this just related to opening the RoF shortcut or are all shortcuts affected?
While we are all just a bunch of "Internet Guessers" here, some guesses can be quite helpful dependant on how much information one can glean from a user's post. Thank goodness for my "Monitor of advanced Reading Comprehension +1".  Additionally, I suspect this: Had message about settings being split into two files or something like that. ...means he is getting a "side by side" error. Again, relating to the VB/C++ stuff.... It could be a myriad of reasons why he is having this issue, but be that as it may, the best course of action is my original solution... (although Natty' has some great advice too!) I also can no longer just left click on a shortcut or most anything. That happened about a month ago.
Looking for help.
...I would suggest he fix this error first. ...try looking in the event viewer - Windows Logs-> Application - then in pane to right click the "Source" column to alphabatise the list, and scroll to "SideBySide", look for an ROF entry...and read the General Tab below that pane....it should tell you something like: Activation context generation failed for "D:\Rise Of Flight\bin_game\release\rof_updater.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.....or something very similar. In the end, you're not having an ROF issue, you're having a buggered up PC issue. Best of Luck in resolving it swiftly. S!
WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res. Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
|
|
|