|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
I think in this case you have no chance, just try the scenario and look at the SR-71's trajectory :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046 |
This is a TOUGH scenario. I have just done some tries with a conventional warhead with no luck. I figured out when I fire at azimuth of SNR of about 55 degrees, the missile will be at about 50km far when SR-71 moves to north (azimuth of zero degrees). I will try some other proximity fuse settings but I think it is a no go (jamming makes it very hard). CIA planners planned the SR-71's trajectory and its mission well. Same was with SA-2F against SR-71... I think you are on the right path... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046 |
Hi, are you observing the same: I've instaled 924 over the same folder, but it asked me about that I had a newer version of one file and I choose to overwrite all... Then uninstalled it and reinstall the SIM, so don't know how it goes with you... On the first map - only Hungarian, on the second - no label (maybe it hasn't at all, but still...). 
Last edited by piston79; 06/04/12 06:22 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
My installation went correctly - I just told the installer to overwrite everything. In case of uninstallation, just for sure, delete SAM Simulator directory from Program Files manually.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
Lonewolf: How have you managed to kill the SR-71 with a nuclear warhead? It is jamming so you do not have range information and V-760 15D requires K3 detonation. How SNR would know when to send K3 (while you are unable to track in range)?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Lonewolf: How have you managed to kill the SR-71 with a nuclear warhead? It is jamming so you do not have range information and V-760 15D requires K3 detonation. How SNR would know when to send K3 (while you are unable to track in range)? SNR will send out the K3, when the V-760 is at the Range Boresight... ... the question is where to move it. (I propose to use the IADS plus the I87V)
Last edited by Hpasp; 06/05/12 04:03 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046 |
My installation went correctly - I just told the installer to overwrite everything. In case of uninstallation, just for sure, delete SAM Simulator directory from Program Files manually. Did you checked the pics? Do you see those BIP's like me???
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
My installation went correctly - I just told the installer to overwrite everything. In case of uninstallation, just for sure, delete SAM Simulator directory from Program Files manually. Did you checked the pics? Do you see those BIP's like me??? My recommendation is just to uninstall the earlier version (you could also delete the SAMSIM directory), before installing a new version.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
guys this is very intresting for me!!! why almost attack to radar radiation begin at daybreak ??? why? Several reasons... - attackers know when they will attack, so they can be ready for fight, while defenders are just woken up. - all optically aimed AAA+MANPADS are rendered unusable - psychological stress on civilians, by keeping the city up during the night - easier to rescue downed pilots - Western pilots fly during the night, better than their counterparts - ... etc 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
wow guys... loook at this picture!!! main console of sa-6 after upgrade! full of beauty sence! Nice shots, just one cautious comment... ... simply exchanging the old sturdy Russian analogue instruments to vulnerable LCD displays from the Far East, while keeping the same missile and radar is only a cosmetic change, that may actually reduce the system war-fighting capability. When Hungary upgraded its SA-6 to NATO standards... ... new optical target tracking camera was added, with new displays, but the possibility to fall-back to the original Russian instruments were kept.
Last edited by Hpasp; 06/05/12 06:37 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 203
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 203 |
Lonewolf: How have you managed to kill the SR-71 with a nuclear warhead? It is jamming so you do not have range information and V-760 15D requires K3 detonation. How SNR would know when to send K3 (while you are unable to track in range)? By using I87V. It is pretty accurate against high-altitude targets.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
Thanks both to Hpasp and Lonewolf :-) Will give it a try :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046 |
By using I87V. It is pretty accurate against high-altitude targets. I think it is pretty accurate against NON-MANEUVERING targets, no matter the heigh... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
Yes, non-maneuvering since you enter altitude and range data manually 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Yes, non-maneuvering since you enter altitude and range data manually Altitude OR range data. The trick is to let the IADS to supply this data into the I87V directly. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
Three missiles exploded without a hit (conventional with K3 detonation, with proximity fuse I was not able to get close enough). They diverted much at 50km range when approached SR-71.
I found out to fire between 95-105km is probably the best solution. But probably due to maximum range the missiles went off in altitude near the target.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
Last edited by Alien_MasterMynd; 06/06/12 12:10 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,046 |
I found out to fire between 95-105km is probably the best solution. But probably due to maximum range the missiles went off in altitude near the target. For me, the azimuth is a bigger concern... 
Last edited by piston79; 06/06/12 09:57 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
From which base do you shoot? I am at the most eastern one.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 639 Likes: 1 |
I tried to do some tests with calculated missile position (EPSILON PR. P. BETA switch in A screen) but no luck. I noticed missiles deviate at at target also in azimuth.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|