SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,073
S
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
Member
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,073
12 hours for a hardcore gamer, not bad, it means 20+ hours for a casual player like me! biggrin


Spring chicken to sh!tehawk in one easy lesson

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
The Blizzard forums are full of people saying they've finished. Expecting rockstar status or something they just come off as sad. Never understand why these people rush through games.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
The Blizzard forums are full of people saying they've finished. Expecting rockstar status or something they just come off as sad. Never understand why these people rush through games.


The word "doofus" comes to mind.

"Can't wait for this game, I've been waiting forever! Let me render it useless in the space of a day!"
rolleyes

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 696
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 696
Well luckily there are 4 other classes for them to try... Me, I am taking my time and zooming in on the Art and stuff. I like to savor things.

The only games I rush through are horror FPS games like Doom/FEAR... I figure its role playing and not because I'm actually scared. wink

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
My first impressions... 1 word "GREAT!"... really... same great, classic gameplay with good stories, background info, music and sounds... already at that "just 1 more quest" desire, and now late for my Vet appointment, lol.

I'm in no rush to finish it, prefer to enjoy the game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
Originally Posted By: Magnum
My first impressions... 1 word "GREAT!"... really... same great, classic gameplay with good stories, background info, music and sounds... already at that "just 1 more quest" desire, and now late for my Vet appointment, lol.

I'm in no rush to finish it, prefer to enjoy the game.


Very good to hear since I am picking it up Thursday morning.


Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Yeah it is great, I'm a level 10 Demon Hunter and only 4 hours in. I really like the art style and the difficulty is ramping up nicely.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 536
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 536
It doesn't end with the last boss.. you still have to replay in nightmare and inferno difficulty levels...then you are finished smile


CPU: 3.8 ghz 3930K, Nvidia 980 TI, 3D-vision, 16gb DDR3-2133 Memory, 120GB SSD, 240gb SSD, 2x1TB SATA HD, 27" ASUS 2ms LCD. Corsair Mechanical KB, Razer Death Adder,Win 10 64 bit.
also:
Alienware M11x R2
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
E
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
E Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
Trying to log into the game now, with my retail copy, but the god damn idiots at Blizzard haven't invested in decent login capacity.

"The servers are busy at this time. Please try again later. (Error 37)"

#%&*$# amateurs :P

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
there updating... will be down for an hour or two.

and yes i agree... should of been better prepared... at least you didn't start, get addicted, and now can't get back in. wink

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Colleague of mine sat at home this morning at precisely midnight, was logged in for 10 seconds, then dropped and no reconnect. After having waited the entire day.

Why you guys keep buying titles that will do this to you is beyond me.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Colleague of mine sat at home this morning at precisely midnight, was logged in for 10 seconds, then dropped and no reconnect. After having waited the entire day.

Why you guys keep buying titles that will do this to you is beyond me.


I've been playing fine no problems.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
U
Hotshot
Hotshot
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-Blizzard-PC-Gaming-7-hours-Korea,15649.html

I can't believe I can't play my single player game 17 hours after launch frown


I have gaming PCs that run everything from MS-DOS 6.22 to Windows 7 64-bit

Win7 Home Prem 64
i5-3570
ASRock HM77
XFX Radeon HD 6950 2 Gig
8 Gigs GSkill DDR3 1600
500 Gig Samsung 840 SSD
1 TB WD Black SATA II HD
Plextor 24x DVD-RW
ViewSonic VA2702w 1920x1080
HP L2206tm 1920x1080 Multi-Touch Screen
Antec Neo 550w PS
Antec Full Tower Case
Warthog 1663 w/ CH Pro Pedals
TIR4 w/ Clip
Logitech G110 KB
Razer Naga
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Colleague of mine sat at home this morning at precisely midnight, was logged in for 10 seconds, then dropped and no reconnect. After having waited the entire day.

Why you guys keep buying titles that will do this to you is beyond me.


I've been playing fine no problems.


Well, my other workmate eventually got in after copy-pasting his PW 200 times and then he could play easily. I wasn't suggesting it doesn't work for 'anyone' but certainly those who suffer did expect this?

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 696
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 696
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Colleague of mine sat at home this morning at precisely midnight, was logged in for 10 seconds, then dropped and no reconnect. After having waited the entire day.

Why you guys keep buying titles that will do this to you is beyond me.


I've been playing fine no problems.


Well, my other workmate eventually got in after copy-pasting his PW 200 times and then he could play easily. I wasn't suggesting it doesn't work for 'anyone' but certainly those who suffer did expect this?



Control V!! DAMMMMMITTTT!!!! *rubs his sore fingers* CNTRL V!!! *sobs* I forgooooot!!!

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Had 7 hours play so far and still on Act 1 smile

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
E
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
E Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
Finally got in and played a bit last night.

Played a witch doctor to level 6? Decided I hated the blow-pipe and started a barbarian and joined a game a friend was in and played through act I (I've played act I before in the beta).

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 265
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 265
Me and my nephew, barbarian and wizard respectively, tore through act 1, since we used that comp to beat it 3 times in beta so we knew what to expect and we did hit every nook and cranny. Act II was like when the game started for us, we knew we would decimate Act I but now it is a brand new game and we are learning as we go.

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 142
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 142
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Colleague of mine sat at home this morning at precisely midnight, was logged in for 10 seconds, then dropped and no reconnect. After having waited the entire day.

Why you guys keep buying titles that will do this to you is beyond me.


I've been playing fine no problems.


That's you. What about the thousands of other people who can't? Go read metacritic review of D3 and you will see loads of annoyed people posting. Blizzard won't ever see a penny from me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,030 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1