SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 142
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 142
I need a mirror because I don't have an IC forum account and don't really want one either.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 588
B
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Member
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 588
Check your pms comancho


"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 [email protected] | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Seems like im the only one with crashing still, frown going to validate files and try again.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
The latest patch working fine here, but I still get the micro stutters, when looking at the buildings and trees flash by at treetop level over London, looking out the side of the cockpit. The only way I could get rid of them was by reducing all settings to Medium. Although I didn't see any noticeable difference in quality reducing from High settings to Medium settings. Frame rates stay at a constant 60fps with Vs On.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,921
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,921
One interesting thing I noticed today (did some tests as I today updated to the latest nvidia drivers) is that the game has more stutters for me with vsync ON. With vsync off, the stutters are almost gone, with the price of some tearing.

I always expected vsync on would smooth things out, doesn`t seem to be the case on my system.

Last edited by kilosierra; 05/12/12 11:34 PM.

i7 6700k @ 4,5 GHz
GTX1070
Asus Z170 Pro Gamer
16 GB RAM
500 GB Crucial CT500MX200 SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA300 HDD
Samsung SyncMaster BX2450 LED
W10 64
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 547
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 547
If someone would PM me this small patch it would be much appreciated as well. Thanks.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Seems like im the only one with crashing still, frown going to validate files and try again.


Karma can be an evil mistress. wink


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 547
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 547
Nevermind. I got it. CTDs seem to be much better with this little file.

Last edited by Hopper; 05/13/12 02:57 AM.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
I was experiencing a huge drop in frames when flying thru clouds with the latest patch, but the fix eliminated the problem for me, anyone else.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
I was averaging probably 40fps through clouds pre-fix, and now I'm back to around 45-50fps. It's still a drop from my v-sync limited 60, but definitely playable. Haven't tried any of the cloud formations in the FMB yet though.

All-in-all, I'm giving this patch a thumbs up, although there's a few random oddities in it.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: kilosierra
One interesting thing I noticed today (did some tests as I today updated to the latest nvidia drivers) is that the game has more stutters for me with vsync ON. With vsync off, the stutters are almost gone, with the price of some tearing.

I always expected vsync on would smooth things out, doesn`t seem to be the case on my system.


Your right, I was able to turn everything back to HIGH @1920x1080 when I turned OFF vsync. Its was definitely one of the main culprits for micro stutters on my system.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
Vsync uses more system resources as the card tries to co-ordinate with the refresh, if you don't have screen tearing, you should leave it off anyways.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
S
disillusioned
Member
disillusioned
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Seems like im the only one with crashing still, frown going to validate files and try again.



Any better now?...I get crashes when trying to close the game


Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!


Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 166
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 166
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: kilosierra
One interesting thing I noticed today (did some tests as I today updated to the latest nvidia drivers) is that the game has more stutters for me with vsync ON. With vsync off, the stutters are almost gone, with the price of some tearing.

I always expected vsync on would smooth things out, doesn`t seem to be the case on my system.


Your right, I was able to turn everything back to HIGH @1920x1080 when I turned OFF vsync. Its was definitely one of the main culprits for micro stutters on my system.


Exactly the same for me. Can't stand screen tearing but the way the game implements vsynch seems far less efficient than other games. I have mentioned this earlier in the 1C bug thread in the hopes they look at it. I have found that the 'half refresh rate' adaptive vsynch forced via the latest Nvidia driver helps but it doesn't get rid of it entirely.

Last edited by FIScott; 05/13/12 11:36 AM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Boko, could you or anyone please give me a link to the hotfix? I have joined the swelling Nomadic ranks of the Talibanned for a short time lol.....A desolate Tribe forced to wander the barren deserts of the banned in search of hotfixes and figs. biggrin

I reckon it would be a better idea if instead of PMing someone could provide a link for everyone, I'm far from the only one to have felt the Sting of the 'Sword of Banocles' lol.

Cheers chaps. smile

Last edited by Biggles07; 05/13/12 12:40 PM.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,600


The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Just PM'd you before seeing the post T', thanks a bunch again....Yer a Star. cheers

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 576
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 576
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: kilosierra
One interesting thing I noticed today (did some tests as I today updated to the latest nvidia drivers) is that the game has more stutters for me with vsync ON. With vsync off, the stutters are almost gone, with the price of some tearing.

I always expected vsync on would smooth things out, doesn`t seem to be the case on my system.


Your right, I was able to turn everything back to HIGH @1920x1080 when I turned OFF vsync. Its was definitely one of the main culprits for micro stutters on my system.


That's because that is how v-sync works.

It forces the render buffer to only output when it has completed a frame, so if it misses a monitor sync cycle, it has to wait for the next.

IE., if your monitor is running at 60hz, with v-sync on, you will be effectively viewing only 60fps exactly...or 30fps (if it drops even 1fps below 60), 15fps, etc.

That's why nVidia created "Adaptive V-Sync" in their new drivers. If you are rendering at higher than 60fps...it turns on v-sync, so you have a nice, solid 60fps display. If the render speed drops BELOW 60fps, it turns off v-sync so you don't experience the sharp drop to the next lowest 'synched' framerate.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: Xander Fulton
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: kilosierra
One interesting thing I noticed today (did some tests as I today updated to the latest nvidia drivers) is that the game has more stutters for me with vsync ON. With vsync off, the stutters are almost gone, with the price of some tearing.

I always expected vsync on would smooth things out, doesn`t seem to be the case on my system.


Your right, I was able to turn everything back to HIGH @1920x1080 when I turned OFF vsync. Its was definitely one of the main culprits for micro stutters on my system.


That's because that is how v-sync works.

It forces the render buffer to only output when it has completed a frame, so if it misses a monitor sync cycle, it has to wait for the next.

IE., if your monitor is running at 60hz, with v-sync on, you will be effectively viewing only 60fps exactly...or 30fps (if it drops even 1fps below 60), 15fps, etc.

That's why nVidia created "Adaptive V-Sync" in their new drivers. If you are rendering at higher than 60fps...it turns on v-sync, so you have a nice, solid 60fps display. If the render speed drops BELOW 60fps, it turns off v-sync so you don't experience the sharp drop to the next lowest 'synched' framerate.


I never had a problem with Vsync causing stutters with IL-2, but I will look for Adaptive V-Sync in the nvidia program.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 166
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 166
Its on the latest Nvidia betas but not in the WHQL release. It certainly is making a difference for me. I've all but eliminated stutters.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,703 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1